Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Movie News: X-Men Days of Future Past (Now with SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    Bryan Singer tweets a pic featuring the film's confirmed actors, as well as 3 who were previously unannounced.

Daniel Cudmore is returning as Colossus, with Fan Bingbing and Booboo Stewart being added to the cast.

You'll also notice there are 4 (possibly 6) empty spots that could be reserved for new or returning actors. Famke Janssen, James Marsden, Rebecca Romijn, Kelsey Grammar, January Jones, Ben Foster (Angel), Lucas Till (Havok), Caleb Landry Jones (Banshee) and Rose Byrne (Moira) are the remaining actors who played major parts but have yet to be included.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    At this point, I'm hoping they follow the route of Twilight, The Hobbit, & Harry Potter and break this movie into 2-3 parts. I'm wicked excited about the returning cast joining the First Class crew. Plus, with Singer at the helm, could this trump the Avengers?!

M
  • Options
    Deadline is saying Fan Bingbing will play Blink.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    edited March 2013
    I hope they need all these X-men to fight Sentinels. And not Danger Room Sentinels.
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    It will be crazy if the Apocalypse rumors are true I'm betting if he is in this he'll be at the very end maybe post credit's reveal. I've been wanting to see En Sabah Nur on the big screen for a long time.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    From the wall photo above (and according to IMDB) it looks like we have Ellen Page returning as Kitty Pryde. This just got a whole lot more interesting to me. Kitty was the hero of the original Days of Future Past issues. If they stick closely to the main storyline (and they would be stupid not to) from the original issues, Kitty may be front and centre (or at least a key element to the plot) in this Movie. Now, as long as they don't try to mix 3 or 4 other threads into this film (like they did with that crap 3rd movie), this could turn out just great.
  • Options
    "I'm the Juggernaught b----!" LOL
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Hex said:

From the wall photo above (and according to IMDB) it looks like we have Ellen Page returning as Kitty Pryde. This just got a whole lot more interesting to me. Kitty was the hero of the original Days of Future Past issues. If they stick closely to the main storyline (and they would be stupid not to) from the original issues, Kitty may be front and centre (or at least a key element to the plot) in this Movie. Now, as long as they don't try to mix 3 or 4 other threads into this film (like they did with that crap 3rd movie), this could turn out just great.

I think that is a good guess. Especially given that Ellen Page's profile has raised considerably since she appeared in X3.
  • Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    A photo of Halle Berry in her Days of Future Past Storm outfit has hit the web.

I'm not sold on the hairdo.
    I think I would preferred something more akin to this:

• Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Why the heck is Halle Berry even back?
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I don't hate the costume. I don't even mind her hair. I wasn't a fan of her even in the first movie but she's back and it's a thing that people who didn't like her will just have to get used to. I guess. Eh. I'll just take it an image at a time and a trailer at a time. So far, it's not bad. I kind of like it.
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    I think she looks fine. She'll probably be about as integral to the film as she was in the previous three, which is very little. I honestly couldn't tell you what she did in the third film. I never understood why they cast such a prominent actress (by Hollywood standards, she was probably the biggest name in the film, even more than Stewart or McKellen), and then not do anything with her. I'll always think she was miscast, but she was cast, nevertheless, so why stick her on the sidelines so much?
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    chrisw said:

I think she looks fine. She'll probably be about as integral to the film as she was in the previous three, which is very little. I honestly couldn't tell you what she did in the third film. I never understood why they cast such a prominent actress (by Hollywood standards, she was probably the biggest name in the film, even more than Stewart or McKellen), and then not do anything with her. I'll always think she was miscast, but she was cast, nevertheless, so why stick her on the sidelines so much?

Because Hollywood only tends to be aware of one black actress at any given time.

The first X-Men film was made when Ms. Berry was that one black actress.

If they were making it today, they'd cast Zoe Saldana.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    <blockquote class="Quote" rel="WetRats"><blockquote class="Quote" rel="chrisw">I think she looks fine. She'll probably be about as integral to the film as she was in the previous three, which is very little. I honestly couldn't tell you what she did in the third film. I never understood why they cast such a prominent actress (by Hollywood standards, she was probably the biggest name in the film, even more than Stewart or McKellen), and then not do anything with her. I'll always think she was miscast, but she was cast, nevertheless, so why stick her on the sidelines so much?</blockquote>

Because Hollywood only tends to be aware of one black actress at any given time.

The first X-Men film was made when Ms. Berry was that one black actress.

If they were making it today, they'd cast Zoe Saldana.</blockquote>

Wetrats that is so on point. I was reading the Entertainment Weekly summer preview interview with her and they pointed out how she gets a good chunk of the recent sci-fi roles. Spread the love I say. I have this feeling that her acting in Gamora will be a lot like her role in Avatar. I am glad she is getting work but...spread the love.

As far as Halle/Storm lets face it the X-men movies were essentially Wolverine movies so Storm gets put on the backburner. Cyclops (THE LEADER!!!) is only in half of the movies essentially. She got to kick some butt in Last Stand.
  • Options
    As far as Halle/Storm the first three movies were Wolverine movies so she and Cyclops were more secondary players. Heck Cyclops was only in half of the second and dead in Last Stand. Storm kicked some butt in Last Stand a bit.

Is Cyclops going to be in this one? I don't think I saw his picture or mentioned before.
  • Options
    New tweet from Singer confirms the involvement of Bishop and Warpath, most likely played by Omar Sy and Booboo Stewart. Fans had already speculated that these would be the characters they would be portraying, but this is the first official confirmation.

He tweets, "Every mutant needs a place to sit", followed by a video showing different chairs featuring the names of the characters appearing in the film.

• Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    batlaw said:

Why the heck is Halle Berry even back?

Because they see no reason to fire her? The movies were successful, no one stayed away because of her, she's got clout with some people and they are bringing the whole band back together.

Who knows, since its a time travel story there could be multiple flash forwards and backwards. If they switched actresses it'd make it harder.
  • Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    Evan Peters (American Horror Story) has been cast as Quicksilver. Here's my favorite scene from FX's American Horror Story last season:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e37NtAYb5g
  • Options
    Evan Peters is great in AHS.

It's interesting that Quicksilver is part of the X-Men properties at Fox, and there have been rumors (I think just rumors?) that Scarlet Witch will be in Avengers 2, so it would seem that she is NOT in with the rest of the X-Men IPs. (I would assume that an Avengers Scarlet Witch would not have a connection to Magneto, and maybe not even be a mutant.)
  • Options
    David_D said:

It's interesting that Quicksilver is part of the X-Men properties at Fox, and there have been rumors (I think just rumors?) that Scarlet Witch will be in Avengers 2, so it would seem that she is NOT in with the rest of the X-Men IPs. (I would assume that an Avengers Scarlet Witch would not have a connection to Magneto, and maybe not even be a mutant.)

What's even MORE interesting, Scarlet Witch AND Quicksilver were confirmed for the brother/sister act portion of Avengers 2. Cool if the studios allow this connection of movie franchises (provided Peters plays in both movies.)

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

David_D said:

What's even MORE interesting, Scarlet Witch AND Quicksilver were confirmed for the brother/sister act portion of Avengers 2. Cool if the studios allow this connection of movie franchises (provided Peters plays in both movies.)

M
    That would be interesting-- a mountain of legal paperwork for SOMEBODY, I'm sure, to define the respective ownership despite that connection, but could be interesting.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    David_D said:

As Kevin Feige stated last year, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, the Skrulls and possibly Viper are some of only a few characters whose license fall in a grey area due to the vagueness of Fox's contracts with Marvel. The film rights are shared between Marvel and Fox and both can use them if they please.

Though I did think that if one company decided to use a character first, the other would respect that incarnation and not use the character in one of their films.
  • Options
    This is what HitFix has to say about it.
  • Options
    tazmaniak said:

This is what HitFix has to say about it.

I know this comes down to a pissing contest, but it might benefit both sides if they work together. They won't because its a business & everyone is searching for that extra dollar.

M
  • Options
    It's funny to realize we live in a time where two different major studios might compete for the right to put Quicksilver on the screen.

What a world.
  • Options
    The danger is that one of the studios decides that they want to sue for the sole rights of the characters causing one or both of the movies to be delayed. They say its okay now but then the lawyers can come in. To the Joe Sergi-phone!
  • Options
    X Men teaser description

Yea yea, Avengers was fun.... but for my money, this is what I'm most looking forward to right now.
  • Options
    I'm psyched. Shame some fans are gonna get bent out of shape already because the sentinels don't look 15 stories tall...
  • Options
    shroud68shroud68 Posts: 457
    Planeis said:

I'm psyched. Shame some fans are gonna get bent out of shape already because the sentinels don't look 15 stories tall...

Someone on another thread said " what does it take to please you people". I feel that way about most of the criticisms posted about any of the live action interpretation of comics. Maybe its because I'm easily pleased or maybe because I remember that the late 70s early 80's live action TV shows never had them fighting equally powerful opponents. I get that sometimes it is cringe worthy like Arnold's Mr Freeze or Kelsey Gramner's Beast. I just don't get why these things get eviscerated sight unseen. It is still a big budget draw with A level stars and directors. So yes Superman killed Zod and Fox's Electro looks weird but it is still a better Hollywood than when Roger Moore's Bond was the next best thing we had. Enjoy this era while we have it instead of picking apart the Associate Producer's resume of a movie he is rumored to produce in 2015.