Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The Official Audiobook thread - What are you listening to?

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    I have listened to numerous Big Finish Doctor Who audio adventures for the Wanderers in the 4th Dimension Doctor Who podcast that I co-host. Recently, I listened to a series of adventures that I highly recommend. The I Davros series chronicles young Davros, his influences, and how he came to be the creator of the Daleks.

The story is told in four parts.
    If you opt to get it, definitely consider downloading the bundle for $15. It's $20 if purchased as individual downloads.

https://www.bigfinish.com/ranges/released/i-davros

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Batman: The Long Halloween

longhalloween.podomatic.com/

This had a full cast, and was a very faithful adaptation.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Dark Forces 2 - Rebel Agent

Dark Forces 3 - Jedi Knight

Audiodramas telling the events of the Dark Forces games. I quite enjoyed them. I remember the games from when I was a kid. They also had a bit of an old-timey feel.
  • Options
    Resident Evil: The Umbrella Conspiracy - by S.D. Perry

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFX2hxKxdn4[/video]

The reader is awesome. This book is excellent for those of us that remember the first Resident Evil game. And it provides great setup too for these and future events.
  • Options
    Ant Man: Natural Enemy - Jason Starr

It was mostly fun, but Scott's daughter, Cassie, is annoying as shit. Especially if you liked her in Young Avengers.
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    The Reckoners - Brandon Sanderson

imageimageimage

I'm always looking for Novels about Superhero stuff and there are a lot now. And there are some duds but so far me this series has been the best.

What It's about is in this world these people gain superpowers and they are called "Epics" and the problem is every Epic is evil and they've basically conquered the world. And the strongest Epics are the Rulers of there own sectioned cities kinda like Old Man Logan.

And the story is about these group of Rogues called The Reckoners who are really the only Humans that fight back.

• Options
    Mihawk said:

The Reckoners - Brandon Sanderson

imageimageimage

I'm always looking for Novels about Superhero stuff and there are a lot now. And there are some duds but so far me this series has been the best.

What It's about is in this world these people gain superpowers and they are called "Epics" and the problem is every Epic is evil and they've basically conquered the world. And the strongest Epics are the Rulers of there own sectioned cities kinda like Old Man Logan.

And the story is about these group of Rogues called The Reckoners who are really the only Humans that fight back.

Dude, I think you've sold me.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Star Wars Journey to the Force Awakens - The Weapon of a Jedi - A Luke Skywalker Adventure - Jason Fry

Star Wars Journey to the Force Awakens - Smuggler's Run - A Han Solo and Chewbacca Adventure

Star Wars Journey to the Force Awakens - Moving Target - A Princess Leia Adventure

You could barely tell these books were written for "all-ages". They're quick listens, and pretty enjoyable. You can see little hints of what's to come. I actually enjoyed them.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Deadpool - Paws - Stefan Petrucha

It's Deadpool in your ears. Fans of the character will love it. As will fans of Silver Age monsters.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    The Killing Joke - Cape Swoosh Productions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-45IWH2cxs

I converted the audio of this radio play vid. It was actually well done. But in hindsight, it's just an appetizer for the upcoming animated movie.
  • Options
    Batman - Death of the Family Radio Drama - Erik Jaworski

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpumFRzo7_k

It was actually pretty fun, and it covered a great deal of the tie-ins.
  • Options
    X-Men: Days of Future Past

Another Graphic Audio presentation. Freaking. Excellent. I love, love, loved it. So much damn energy just comes off the audio "page".
  • Options

The Walking Dead - Invasion ]

It was okay. It was a bit better than the last installment.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPkEVJbYfSo

Batman -Breakdown - by Gonzo.

A fan-production. It was okay. The best parts were Batman with the psychologist.

(I downloaded it and converted it for my iphone)