Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Where to find comics work

As I have been delving into this pretty far, I thought we could share information on where to find jobs, how to get them, and everything associated with it.

I have been finding some good project on
Zwol
http://www.zwol.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=8
And
Digital webbing
http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14

I've just began investigating finding rpg work.

Zwol has its ups and downs. You have to be able to recognize the cranks.
Digital webbing has a paid and collaboration forum seperate from each other. Though there is paid work occasionally in the colab.

I also network the hell out of everyone I know in the industry. I am polite. I give them time as they are busy and owe me nothing. Some folks are very helpful, some are casual, some don't answer back.

What do you do?

Comments

• abuddahabuddah Posts: 133
    I also network the hell out of everyone I know in the industry. I am polite. I give them time as they are busy and owe me nothing. Some folks are very helpful, some are casual, some don't answer back.

KABOOM!
    First short fired across the bows! Cue the music!
    youtube.com/watch?v=ioE_O7Lm0I4

Will Gallagher respond!? Will Rios interrupt a CGS recording?? Has Pants' flight landed? Does Bryan Deemer even read comics any more?? Stay tuned true believers, the answers in an upcoming podcast!!!!!!
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited July 2012
    So Peter lurks on the forums and sees something he doesn't like. Instead of responding here(or better yet, contacting Mike privately) he calls him out in front of the masses on Twitter?

Peter, +100 "being a dick" points for you.
  • The real Dick-Douche Points belong to Mike. He is the reason I've stopped listening and posting. I've been A fan ever since episode 3 and just can't take it anymore. Thanks every other host from the absolute bottom of my soul. Bryan, Peter, Kevin, Jamie, Adam, Matt, Shane, and Brian. I love all of you guys more than you'd ever realize. It seems like you'd always be there for me.
  • brydeemerbrydeemer Posts: 216
    Does Bryan Deemer even read comics any more??
    Yes, I do. I've been really busy lately, but I'm still reading some things here and there.

Bry

• MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Let's not try to encourage people to fight here instead of elsewhere just so we can watch. If things are happening on Twitter, then you can see it there.

And if you have thoughts about the show that you want to be heard- and your thoughts on the show should be heard- but you don't want your thoughts to become drama or a spectator sport, then the best bet always been to email them to the show at the general email address, or you can email hosts directly.

Let's get this thread back to what is asked in the original post. Thanks in advance.
    Good Job! Good Effort! Good Job!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lOL2h8F3aA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

M

• I guess I didn't have books published or industry friends before CGS? Hmm. Thougt I did.

I guess no one is going to ever use this forum for face value. No art talk huh?

Mike why are you replying to the thread? This isn't the place! Go to Twitter and run Peter down and call him names like a mature adult.
  • I feel like I have to say something. I'm not going to give him more than that. He is who he is.
  • warpangelwarpangel Posts: 62
    Best to just let it go Mike. this is a perfect example of a potentially great conversation thread ruined by petty comebacks. Rise above it and move on.

Mike why are you replying to the thread? This isn't the place! Go to Twitter and run Peter down and call him names like a mature adult.
    Does anyone else find the humor in Mr Cosmic's 2 posts? One wants this off twitter & possibly here. The other post says to head to twitter.

Would be hilarious if Mike went to twitter & Pete jumped to this thread.

M
  • TrevTrev Posts: 310
    The funny books.

Talk about them, dammit.

Getting tired of all the snark around here. And we sometimes wonder why so many folks from forums past don't come around anymore?

Talk. About. Comics. And leave all the personal BS at the door, please and thank you.
    Why can't I like or awesome this on my phone??

+120

• KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    CGS: Schism! The end result being half the podcast moving back to Bryan's old basement and rebuilding the studio calling the show "The Peter Rios Podcast"
    The funny books.

Talk about them, dammit.

Getting tired of all the snark around here. And we sometimes wonder why so many folks from forums past don't come around anymore?

Talk. About. Comics. And leave all the personal BS at the door, please and thank you.
    But...I am snarky. Don't discriminate :)

I guess I'll just need to start a snarky thread.

Does anyone else find the humor in Mr Cosmic's 2 posts? One wants this off twitter & possibly here. The other post says to head to twitter.

M
    In all fairness to Mr Cosmic, both posts are saying to take the argument where it started. And I believe the second one was supposed to be sarcastic.

But in any case, I have to admit that I don't get the hate toward Mike even if you disagree with what he says. I don't always agree with him, but that's what makes the show interesting. But I will also admit to getting a perverse enjoyment out of watching the drama unfold so there is that.
    I find humor in these types of dramatic events because of the ridulousness. It's all subjective. WE add the weight to each comment, debate, insult, etc. if you can find the humor in these things, they roll off the back.

M
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Okay, you know things suck when *I* have to wear the daddy pants and put this ship back into the on-topic waters! :)

http://majorspoilers.com/2012/07/14/sdcc12-top-cow-opening-the-doors-for-new-talent/

Top Cow is looking for two new writers and two new artists. Go get 'em,...I'll definitely try throwing my cap in on the writer's side.
    I find humor in these types of dramatic events because of the ridulousness. It's all subjective. WE add the weight to each comment, debate, insult, etc. if you can find the humor in these things, they roll off the back.

M
    I think this line of thinking is the main reason I haven't become an alcoholic by now (and I'm obviously not referring to anything related to CGS with that).

M
    I think this line of thinking is the main reason I haven't become an alcoholic by now (and I'm obviously not referring to anything related to CGS with that).
    There are SO many people who could benefit from that realization; my wife included. Then again, I could be suck in some type of Shutter Island setting!

M

M
    Oops, forgot to tag the second post as sarcasm. I assumed it was obvious. Ya know what they say when you assume.

• Mike why are you replying to the thread? This isn't the place! Go to Twitter and run Peter down and call him names like a mature adult.

M
    Oops, forgot to tag the second post as sarcasm. I assumed it was obvious. Ya know what they say when you assume.
    Nothing on the forum is seen as anything but fuel.

• Okay, you know things suck when *I* have to wear the daddy pants and put this ship back into the on-topic waters! :)

http://majorspoilers.com/2012/07/14/sdcc12-top-cow-opening-the-doors-for-new-talent/

Top Cow is looking for two new writers and two new artists. Go get 'em,...I'll definitely try throwing my cap in on the writer's side.
    Writers? Wow! Virtually every company states on their websites that they never look for writers.
    I'm impressed.
  • dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    The real Dick-Douche Points belong to Mike. He is the reason I've stopped listening and posting. I've been A fan ever since episode 3 and just can't take it anymore. Thanks every other host from the absolute bottom of my soul. Bryan, Peter, Kevin, Jamie, Adam, Matt, Shane, and Brian. I love all of you guys more than you'd ever realize. It seems like you'd always be there for me.
    C'mon...you're giving Mike a bad rap! He's a good guy...and I've had disagreements with him...but he knows comics...he knows his shit!!!

Yeah, you may yell at your iPod or iPad or tablet/laptop when he talks...and you may disagree...but Mike is passionate about what the talks about.

Even if you think he's a douchebag...he's a passionate douchebag!!!

That's gotta mean something.

I also think Mike adds a bunch to the show. Talked to him a few times and he is a nice guy. Unlike a certain former member of the show.
  • bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    As long as Pants, Jamie, Shane and Murd are around... I will keep listening to CGS!!!!

Of course I miss Brian, but let him take a break and come back refreshed!

Oh... and I like the geek who runs the movie theatre... what happened to him?
  • bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    Is Mike the one who sounds exactly like Shane?
  • LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803

But...I am snarky. Don't discriminate :)
    I'm sure you have connections that could ruin my credit rating with a few keystrokes, so you get a pass.
    I love the fact that the post that actually has to do with the topic at hand gets marked as "Off-topic"
  • BrianBaerBrianBaer Posts: 80
    I love the fact that the post that actually has to do with the topic at hand gets marked as "Off-topic"
    And now that one, too? Weird.