Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Movie News: Man of Steel

Man of Steel costumes on display at Licensing Expo 2012.

Coming Soon

Jor-El

Faora

Superman (obviously)

Comments

• Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    OK, now it's very clear and obvious they're going for the New 52 look (which I'm fine with).
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    edited June 2012
    I, on the other hand, loathe these designs.

Why do the Kryptonians dress like Sauron?

Why is Superman dressing like Spider-man?

On the other hand, nobody's gonna recognize him as Clark Kent, when all they'll be noticing is the Superjunk.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    I was just about to mention that Superjunk.....it's kind of distracting....
  • Options
    Damn you, I didn't even notice it until you two pointed it out and now it's very distracting. It's one thing if the suit is so tight that you can't help it bulging, but it's apparently built into the costume.

I mean seriously... he's Superman, he should be bigger down there than I am. ;)
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    He's.... got more cock than Smith & Wesson.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Not a fan of that Jor El design at all.
    More junk than Sanford and Son?
  • Options
    FYI: There's already nearly 600 Google hits for Superjunk + "Man of Steel"
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Damn you, I didn't even notice it until you two pointed it out and now it's very distracting. It's one thing if the suit is so tight that you can't help it bulging, but it's apparently built into the costume.

Well, I don't know that it is necessarily built into the costume (anymore than mass to the arms or chest are built in). It is clearly capital-B Built into the mannequin form that the suit is being displayed on. Whether Cavil can live up to that, I suppose he can only hope!
  • Options
    Well, I don't know that it is necessarily built into the costume (anymore than mass to the arms or chest are built in). It is clearly capital-B Built into the mannequin form that the suit is being displayed on. Whether Cavil can live up to that, I suppose he can only hope!
    The legend of the Superjunk grows!
  • Options

I've seen him in the Tudors.

I'd say he can definitely live up to that.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Chuck Norris, Darth Vader, and the World's Most Interesting Man are impressed.
  • Options
    Chuck Norris, Darth Vader, and the World's Most Interesting Man are impressed.
    ....as is my girlfriend.
  • Options
    Its strange how the exclusion of the red trunks makes you look right at his crotch.
  • Options
    Its strange how the exclusion of the red trunks makes you look right at his crotch.
    Is that your excuse?
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Didn't know they were making a ridick sequel lol.
    I actually like jot els costume somewhat. Supes is just ... Well, no point beating a negative horse. Why remove the belt and trunks just to go out of your way adding silly lines to give the illusion of a belt and trunks.
  • Options
    Is that your excuse?
    I don't need an excuse to look at a man's crotch.
  • Options
    More talk about the Kryptonian Kodpiece!
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207

I don't need an excuse to look at a man's crotch.
    That's what she said
    ;)
  • Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    Superman fans may be interested in the new "biography" of the Man of Steel that's just been published. Author Larry Tye was on NPR today:

http://www.northcountrypublicradio.org/news/npr/155278330/it-s-a-bird-it-s-a-plane-it-s-a-new-superman-bio
  • Options
    Hans Zimmer will be scoring the film:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118055676?refCatId=13
    Drink up to that, me hearties!
  • Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    Comic-Con poster.

• Options
    JimKellyJimKelly Posts: 20
    Did anyone catch a glimpse of the footage before it was taken off of youtube? It was pretty cool.
  • Options
    Did anyone catch a glimpse of the footage before it was taken off of youtube? It was pretty cool.
    Yeah. I actually want to see this movie on DVD now.
  • Options
    I actually like jot els costume somewhat. Supes is just ... Well, no point beating a negative horse. Why remove the belt and trunks just to go out of your way adding silly lines to give the illusion of a belt and trunks.
    Actually they are making a riddick sequel.......

And the costume is too dark. That works for batman, not superman.

• Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030

Haven't you heard? Dark is the new black.

• Options
    EarthGBillyEarthGBilly Posts: 362
    Hmm... let me fix that for you...

I'd have gone in and removed all that texture completely, but I don't have the patience at the moment, so I just went for a softening and brightening.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I remember fans making color correction attempts with the last Superman film too.

What is so wrong with bright, primary colors?
  • Options
    FlintlockjawFlintlockjaw Posts: 247
    I remember fans making color correction attempts with the last Superman film too.

What is so wrong with bright, primary colors?
    because it's not 'The Dark Knight'.

• Options
    FlintlockjawFlintlockjaw Posts: 247

Totally agree with Mike.

Hollywood and Warner Bros. is totally f**king stupid if they are approaching Superman with a Dark Knight mentality...simply because Dark knight made shit loads of money. Typical Hollywood.

Gotham City is dark and dirty requiring a street level hero. Metropolis is new...bright shining...showing the other cities what they should aspire to be...same as it's hero.

It's only a teaser...but I hope it isn't dark. The best I hope for is a '30's version of Superman. That would be perfect.