Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Introduce Yourself-- And Play Two Truths and a Lie...

Comments

• Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    mat94 said:

hey guys my name is matt and

1. im 67 years old
    2. i find C. Nolan's Batman trilogy incredible
    3. Like rock music

you're 18 (if I'm wrong where are the other 93 mats at?)
  • Options
    GrimsisterGrimsister Posts: 35
    edited September 2012
    @luke52
    I call Superman, nobody hates Superman :P
    lol
    (for my previous post) I am not a vegetarian
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    @Grimsister nope ur wrong. The first comic I read wasn't dark tower. I do hate superman. He's too boring for my liking.
  • Options
    electric_mayhemelectric_mayhem Posts: 641
    edited September 2012
  • Options
    @Luke52 you don't like Superman? Fair enough, I find the new Batman (movies) annoying.
  • Options
    My name is Curtis. Looong time listener and board lurker. Finally decided to speak up.
    Been reading/collecting comics since the mid 70's.
    I know the secret of how they cram all that graham into golden grahams.
    My tastes/dislikes seem to largely mirror Jamie D's.
  • Options
    Here's some more fun facts about me.
    My first word was nose and my parents caught it on video.
    I've watched the extended version of LOTR 30 times, 20 of which had commentary.
    I have two dogs one named Teddy and another on called Bear
  • Options
    wfgwfg Posts: 2
    Hello everyone. My name's Wouter and I'm the creator of Cpt Wayne and the Unexplained Dimension. I've got Viking blood and grew up in the Alps, although I now live under sea level in The Netherlands.

1. I used to be a car designer.
    2. You might have drunk a bottle of wine with a label I designed.
    3. Finished close second at the 1998 under water pizza eating contest held in Lausanne, Switzerland.
  • Options
    Hello,

I discovered CGS about a year ago and it quickly became one of my favorite podcasts. Having only a few friends who read comics, CGS helps to provide the comic talk fix that I need. (CGS Gang: I truly appreciate what you do. Thank you for making my commutes and hours of yard work much more enjoyable!)

1. I cannot tell a lie.
    2. My first comic as a kid was Daredevil, an issue somewhere in the Born Again arc. I had no idea what was going on, but I stuck with it...and here I am almost 30 years later, still a huge fan of DD.
    3. I "play" video games for a living.
  • Options
    GrimsisterGrimsister Posts: 35
    edited October 2012
    @karatechop16
    I'm gonna guess the first one cos the game's called two truths and a lie. And because you need to tell a lie to play the game properly, you'd be lying when you said that you couldn't tell a lie.
  • Options
    or @karatechop16 is veracious - but then I wonder how somebody making a living playing video games does any commutes or even spends hours of yard work. I mean real life? Come on?! :P
  • Options
    Hey folks, Jonathan here. I've been been lurking on the boards for a few weeks and thought that it was time to introduce myself. Here goes:

1. All of my favorite comics are currently published by Archie.
    2. I once ate lunch with Levar Burton.
    3. I am slowly working towards an entire run of Marvel's Star Comics imprint.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    playtape said:

Hey folks, Jonathan here. I've been been lurking on the boards for a few weeks and thought that it was time to introduce myself. Here goes:

1. All of my favorite comics are currently published by Archie.
    2. I once ate lunch with Levar Burton.
    3. I am slowly working towards an entire run of Marvel's Star Comics imprint.

I am guessing #2 is the lie. Loving your Archie podcast.

• Options
    dubbat138 said:

playtape said:

Actually, #1 is a lie. Sweet Tooth is one of my favorite books, and I've been reading Avengers for as long as Bendis has been writing it. Not to mention tons of other stuff, including lots of Archie.

• Options
    playtape said:

dubbat138 said:

playtape said:

Actually, #1 is a lie. Sweet Tooth is one of my favorite books, and I've been reading Avengers for as long as Bendis has been writing it. Not to mention tons of other stuff, including lots of Archie.

I need to try out Sweet Tooth. Tried random issues of Bendis's run on Avengers and didn't like it. Loved his pre-Marvel stuff. And thought Alias,until that really bad Purple Man storyline,was great. But everything else he has done at Marvel hasn't worked for me.

• Options
    @dubbat138 Sweet Tooth has been great since the first issue, and it's about to wrap up, so it'll all be traded soon. It seems like an understatement to say that Bendis is a pretty polarizing figure in the world of comics.
  • Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Peter...got back into comics when I was in college when Dreamwave relaunched the Transformers comics, I remember picking up a Wizard while in a store and saw Green Lantern Rebirth was coming, so I picked that up...then it was full on back into DC and Marvel. Huge Transformers fan...pick up almost all tf comics these days as well as Mega Man, Voltron comics too. Also a big gamer as well!

Big soccer player in my free time
    Leader of video game clan
    Thinks wiiU is not the dumbest thing ever created.
  • Options

You're not lying - the wiiU isn't the dumbest thing ever created (by Nintendo)- this is:

Photobucket

You can't be a leader of a video game clan AND be a big soccer player - that just wouldn't be fair. Unless - with "big" you mean BIG ......

:P
  • Options

You're not lying - the wiiU isn't the dumbest thing ever created (by Nintendo)- this is:

Photobucket

You can't be a leader of a video game clan AND be a big soccer player - that just wouldn't be fair. Unless - with "big" you mean BIG ......

:P
    Wow the Virtual Boy what a horrible system. Back in 2002 I got one with like 8 games for $10. I doubt I played it more than 5 times before I sold it in 2008.

• Options
    Hi, I'm Don Garvey - long time first time and all that!

1. I built a scale TARDIS in my basement
    2. The coolest celebrity I ever met was Reggie Bannister from Phantasm
    3. I run Windows on Apple hardware
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    greyman24 said:

Only posted a couple times on the old forums. Been listening for almost a year.

1. I have 2 kids with a 3rd on the way
    2. My bones are laced with cells from Rocker Adam Ant's friend Ian (yes...Adam Ant's Ian)
    3. My 6 year old son's alter ego is a super fast, super strong, faster than anyone but the Flash (who, of course, is the fastest man alive), master of disguises named Lighting...or Space Lighting if he's wearing an astronaut helmet...or Sweater Lighting if he's wearing a sweater.

As far as i'm concerned Western Civilization peaked with Adam and the Ants. ^:)^
  • Options
    Met someone from CGS at NYCC and thought I'd drop by and check out the forums. I'm always looking for new comics communities to chat with about the funny books. The name is Brock Beauchamp and here are my two truths and a lie.

1. I write and draw a comic book.
    2. By night, I'm a ninja.
    3. By day, I'm a web developer.

Don't hurt yourselves trying to figure out which one is the lie.
  • Options
    Rocketpig said:

1. I write and draw a comic book.
    2. By night, I'm a ninja.
    3. By day, I'm a web developer.

Here is hoping #2 is the lie - or else you'd have to kill us ALL :-S
  • Options
    RocketpigRocketpig Posts: 2
    edited October 2012

Here is hoping #2 is the lie - or else you'd have to kill us ALL :-S

I may be sitting outside your window right now.

But not in a creepy stalker "I'm watching youuuuuu" way. In a totally awesome "I'm a ninja" way.
  • Options
    Hello, my name is Cameren. I'm here to learn about and talk about comics. My three best friends and I do a weekly podcast called "Not Your Average N3rdcast" on which we talk about Comics, Movies, some Pro Wrestling and all other things in life. You can find us on iTunes and Podbean and subscribe and listen for FREE!

1. I've rode a bike from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia
    2. My favorite movies of all time is The Warriors
    3. My favorite comic series/graphic novel is Kingdom Come
  • Options

My Name is Hugh Jarse. My forum name is Hugh_Jarse. I have been on the radio show a couple times in the past and I am confined to an iron lung. I am typing this with my tongue.

1. I was a covert operative working for "the company" behind the iron curtain during the cold war.
    2. I am administered to by a surly and disagreeable nurse named Lupe.
    3. I own complete runs of Aunt Fritzi and Red Sonja Versus the Thong Monster comic books.

All true. Nice to see you back and still breathing. And watch your tongue.
  • Options
    PeterPeter Posts: 470
    Hugh is back! It really is a new day. Welcome back Hugh! Give my love to Lupe!
  • Options
    Hey.

1. I'm an artist
    2. I have way too many funnybooks and far too little space to store them
    3. I have a freakishly sized tallywacker that I affectionately call "Vlad the Impaler"
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Welcome back Marty!