Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Introduce Yourself-- And Play Two Truths and a Lie...

Comments

• Options
    PrilloPrillo Posts: 23
    It is so great to find a community that is as into comics the way I am into comics.

-I work on a Nasa base.
    -My mom played bass for Slayer.
    -I love The Flash, especially Barry.
  • Options
    Prillo said:

It is so great to find a community that is as into comics the way I am into comics.

-I work on a Nasa base.

hey, didn't all our Moms play the bass for Slayer? ;)

welcome!
  • Options
    PrilloPrillo Posts: 23
    That is true...all our moms did play bass for Slayer. Funniest part was when I looked at my 12 yer old son (at the time) for confirmation after telling a new acquaintance my mother was a rock star and he totally rolls with it saying his grammy played for Slayer. It was classic. Lol
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200

Prillo said:

-I work on a Nasa base.

hey, didn't all our Moms play the bass for Slayer? ;)

welcome!

Nah my mom was lead guitarist for Cheap Trick.
  • Options
    23 year old guy here been listening to the podcast for the last month and a half found it one day after looking for a comic podcast. I listen to two comic podcast but find this one more enjoyable. been reading comics for the last 2 and a half years though i remember getting some simpsons comics back when i was a kid.

1 i like to smoke herb and read my comics
    2 i grow vegetables
    3 rob liefeld rules
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087

2 i grow vegetables
    3 rob liefeld rules

3 might be possible after the first half of 1
  • Options
    HejsanHejsan Posts: 8
    Hi, I'm Don from Rhode Island.
    1. I used to own a comic book store.
    2. My wife is Japanese.
    3. I attended a discussion group given my Peter David who was wearing pajamas.
  • Options
    @Hejsan, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing your profile pic! welcome!! I want to hope that Peter David in PJs is true, so I will say that I have no idea which of the first two is your lie.
  • Options
    The_HatThe_Hat Posts: 3
    Hello, long time listener, first time poster.

Here are my 2 truths, 1 lie: I never lie, I always lie, one of my previous 2 statements is true.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200

2 i grow vegetables
    3 rob liefeld rules

3 might be possible after the first half of 1
    Actually Liefeld's work is worse when you have smoked. Or that is what I was told.
  • Options
    HejsanHejsan Posts: 8
    Hi Superchino, thanks for the comment. The Peter David in Pj's is true. Actually I messed up because all 3 are true. Doh!
  • Options
    papajaypapajay Posts: 10
    Hello, I'm Darrell from New Jersey, I've been listening to CGS for a few years, not really sure how long, Peter Rios was, I think, running the show doing an interview with Roy Thomas and I've been tuning in ever since. I read Archies & DC off and on in the early '70's, but it wasn't until '73 when I discovered Marvel and began serious collecting. Pretty much bought everything until the "Brand New Day" fiasco made me realize Joe Q doesn't want me as a comic reader. Nowadays I only read Daredevil an occasional Valiant and Knights of the Dinner Table.

Ok 2 truths and a lie:
    - I smoked weed in the Ewok Forest, until I got caught by an Ewok (who knew it was illegal on Endor too?)
    - I briefly worked at the Science Station on the Bridge of the USS Enterprise
    - I saw Slayer when Stan Lee was playing 12 string bass for them
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    papajay said:

Ok 2 truths and a lie:
    - I smoked weed in the Ewok Forest, until I got caught by an Ewok (who knew it was illegal on Endor too?)
    - I briefly worked at the Science Station on the Bridge of the USS Enterprise
    - I saw Slayer when Stan Lee was playing 12 string bass for them

I once smoked weed in Middle-Earth, until I got caught by a group of Hobbits (and since I was quite hungry that was a good thing...they sure like to carry food)

• Options
    edited April 2013
    NICE! That was timely.
    Actually the Ewok Forest in question was at MGM studios in Fla., this is going back about 20 years, a friend and I looking for a secluded spot, happened apon the Forest and an opportunity. The Ewok suprised me by tapping on my shoulder (sneaky fellows), I busted out laughing, the Ewok got a facefull and I had a good story to tell, all in all a good day. Those dudes don't break character for anything.
  • Options
    finally decided to join the forums after hearing the podcast nonstop for the last few months. lol

My name is Giovanni, I'm a 29 year old life long film lover and comic fan from Los Angeles. I grew up watching a ton of 80's/90's horror/action films and it fueled my passion to be a screen writer and future director. This year marks my 20th year collecting comic books, I started in 1992 and have collected them ever since. i stopped collecting major comics in the early 2000 and switched to collecting films(i have over a thousand now) but thanks to your podcast, and the spotlights, I've started collecting superhero comics again and falling in love with the stories of the golden age Batman, Wonder Woman and the original Ditko/Lee run on Spiderman.

So, I look forward to spending more time on here and for sure catching up on the podcast weekly. Thanks guys.

-My favorite films are among Battle Royale, The Beyond, sunrise a song of two humans and Coming to America.
    -i had to actually had to wait in line at a book store with copies of the twilight books as a present for my ex and she still broke up with me
    -I love most hollywood remakes of classic horror films.
  • Options

finally decided to join the forums after hearing the podcast nonstop for the last few months. lol

My name is Giovanni, I'm a 29 year old life long film lover and comic fan from Los Angeles. I grew up watching a ton of 80's/90's horror/action films and it fueled my passion to be a screen writer and future director. This year marks my 20th year collecting comic books, I started in 1992 and have collected them ever since. i stopped collecting major comics in the early 2000 and switched to collecting films(i have over a thousand now) but thanks to your podcast, and the spotlights, I've started collecting superhero comics again and falling in love with the stories of the golden age Batman, Wonder Woman and the original Ditko/Lee run on Spiderman.

So, I look forward to spending more time on here and for sure catching up on the podcast weekly. Thanks guys.

-My favorite films are among Battle Royale, The Beyond, sunrise a song of two humans and Coming to America.
    -i had to actually had to wait in line at a book store with copies of the twilight books as a present for my ex and she still broke up with me
    -I love most hollywood remakes of classic horror films.

1 makes me want to be your friend.
    2 makes me feel sad for you.
    3 makes me hate you.

The lie is you had a girlfriend. We all know comic geeks don't have them! I really hope 3 is the lie and that's what I'm picking. There's no way you love BR,The Beyond and Coming to America and still think Hollywood horror remakes are great. Sure there's been a few over the years but far and few. Please tell me 3 is the lie!

• Options
    FN_PrydeFN_Pryde Posts: 1
    Hi everyone! My name is Pryde I'm a hootergirl who is also a geek. I have a filthy mouth and tend to give rageful comic book reviews. Check one out!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2Q1K1eC6yM

1. I'm have a twin brother.
    2. My favorite superhero is Batman.
    3. I met Brian Michael Bendis at a video game convention.
  • Options
    GiovanniB83GiovanniB83 Posts: 4
    edited April 2013
    "1 makes me want to be your friend.
    2 makes me feel sad for you.
    3 makes me hate you.

The lie is you had a girlfriend. We all know comic geeks don't have them! I really hope 3 is the lie and that's what I'm picking. There's no way you love BR,The Beyond and Coming to America and still think Hollywood horror remakes are great. Sure there's been a few over the years but far and few. Please tell me 3 is the lie!"

hahaha three is a lie. most remakes suck. but there are few that are awesome. John Carpenter's The Thing is a prime example... lol
    Nope. I actually had to wait in line with those books in my hand and pay for them, the guy who rang me up was giving me a hard time the whole time. it was quite funny.

• Options
    MattKMattK Posts: 2
    Hi, I'm Matt. Been listening to CGS for a couple of years.

I've been to jail.

I'm a physicist with several patents.

My favorite character in comics is Bat-Mite.
  • Options
    MattK said:

I've been to jail.

I'm a physicist with several patents.

My favorite character in comics is Bat-Mite.

I've also played MONOPOLY and been to jail.

Geeks are a clever bunch - so each one of us could be a genius. Right?

Bat-Mite? come on!

• Options
    comicgr8comicgr8 Posts: 1
    Hi Im ash

Long time artist, admittedly only came back to comics as an adult >.<

- I'm a PS3 Developer
    - I've started to illustrate my own comics - bit.ly/ZU1igy
    - Ive been to the moon
  • Options
    krustycookkrustycook Posts: 42
    Hi, I'm John.

I collected in the early 80s and am back to the hobby after a long hiatus. In addition,

- I have 10,000 60-80s comic books
    - Most are still in my parents house
    - Jim Shooter still hasn't returned my art
  • Options
    Hi, I'm Steve.

I collected from 1987-2004 but had to sell my 2000+ books to pay for car repairs. I've been slowly rebuilding my collection and have become completely obsessed! I've been helping transcribe letters pages for the complete marvel reading order site (not sure if it's okay to post the link here)

-My first comic was Amazing Spider-Man #294 (Death of Kraven The Hunter)
    -You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.
    -I spend way too much time on the computer
  • Options

Hi, I'm John.

I collected in the early 80s and am back to the hobby after a long hiatus. In addition,

- I have 10,000 60-80s comic books
    - Most are still in my parents house
    - Jim Shooter still hasn't returned my art

Shooter still screwing with people, some things never change.
  • Options
    Chris_VChris_V Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    [color=red]Hi my name is Chris V and i have a new webcomic called The Gingerbread Man Chronicles. take a look at it and let me know what you think!
    http://gingerbreadmanchronicles.thecomicseries.com/
  • Options
    Hi, I'm Matteo, from Italy. Here superhero comics have not always been big as they are in the US, so I got in the game a little late, but it's been now 12 years since I started collecting, which I think can allow me to be categorized as a comic-book collector/geek.

I hope here to unleash my comic book nerd, which I can't do with any of my friends since none of them are fans like I am.

So, here are my 2+1 facts, try to guess which is what:
    - I have a giant spider-man symbol tattooed on my whole back (from scapula to coccyx).
    - I work in a biophysics advanced laboratory.
    - I loathed Superman for a long time just for the heck of it, but loved it when I decided to actually read it.
  • Options
    Hi, I'm Braydon, i started listening around the 1300th episode and i have to say this is the best podcast i have ever listened to. I started reading comics 3 years ago but i never really actually got into them.I am 13 so i'm not as experienced as all of you but i'm getting there.

2+1
    -I like Marvel comics more than DC comics
    -I live in Canada
    -I don't like to read The Hulk
  • Options
    judishaverjudishaver Posts: 2
    1. I spent my youth sneaking into concerts in Philly
    2. I love my job
    3. I dont read comics.
  • Options
    ksouthcombksouthcomb Posts: 3
    hey guys I'm Kyle, new to the boards but not new to the podcast. I'm 29, live in illinois and have been reading comics for about 20 years on and off. glad to finally join the forums. here come my two truths and a lie

1. my Wife's wedding gift to me is getting me tickets to meet Stan Lee at Wizard World Chicago 2013
    2. i saw Attack of the Clones in twice theaters...in one day...opening day...in costume...on my high school graduation day....and was interviewed by my local newspaper about it.
    3. at my first con years ago i got into a shouting match with the washed up wrestler Virgil over a dispute of $20