Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Introduce Yourself-- And Play Two Truths and a Lie...

Comments

• Options
    Hi, folks. I'm Greg. I'm an old guy, 45, originally from Milwaukee and now in St. Louis. I've loved comics since my cousin got me hooked at age 5. I read all kinds of comics, from superhero to Comics Journal-type stuff, although I find myself slowly moving away from mainstream Marvel/DC books. I'm married with a six year-old daughter, an avid reader whom I'm trying to hook on comics early. I'm glad to find this forum, because at my age it's hard to find people who want to talk about comics.

Two truths and a lie . . .

I teach and write about First Amendment law.
    I'm proficient in the martial arts.
    I used to write record reviews for a big city newspaper.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    @gregmag : welcome geezer :D

I dare say the martial arts thing is the lie (only because I've read this so often in this very thread....if all those claims would be the truth, then comic geeks are the new ninja.... )

• Options
    Damn. I should have checked what lies other people were using . . .
  • Options
    Hey- new to CGS- Im an artist that is going to do the Reading Show with CGS for the first time in 2013. Check my pen and ink fury at www.jasonlenox.com

ok 2 truths and a lie
    1-I've partied with Vanilla Ice
    2- I've tried out for the Reading Phillies
    3- I've been in an advertisement for Rapidiograph Pens since I use so many of them

party on gang.
  • Options
    Hello everyone,

I've been a CGS listener for a while now, but am anxious to connect with people and have some good comic discussions. I'm here in northern Colorado.

1) I've drummed in front of 10,000 people before
    2) I've never flown on a plane
    3) I'm a Denver Broncos season ticket holder.
  • Options
    Lenox274 said:

1-I've partied with Vanilla Ice

me too - licked it right out of my woman's belly button...

• Options
    romeyinfc said:

2) I've never flown on a plane

me neither - I prefer staying right there safely fastened in my seat...
  • Options
    No I did party with Vanilla Ice in Ocean City in 2000. Bizarre but true.
  • Options
    Hello,
    My friends call me Korn, I have been listening to the CGS for about a year now. I started to listen around the time I got back into comics after about 10 years away.

The DC New52 is responsiple for my renewed interest well that and extra income from a recent promotion at work. Lately however more and more of the DC titles are dropping away from my pull's replaced with more independant stuff and even a few Marvel titles.

*I spend about 90$ a week on comic books(equal to about 50$ more then my car payment)
    *I get the books for my Kids
    *I plan on on cutting back

• Options
    Hello, I recently,this past summer, got back into reading comics after a 15 year lapse. I discovered this podcast a few months ago and have really enjoyed every show. I especially enjoy the spotlight episodes. I buy 2 to 3 titles a week, but that might change depending on whether or not I like Marvel Now.
  • Options
    Joe here - co-writer and artist of "Chicken Outfit". Did I already say how slick this board is? Okay, well, I've been drawing comics since the 90s - and did a short run series called "Paranoid Tales of Neurosis". Here's the terrible three:

1. I used to contribute to Exclaim music magazine & Film Threat magazine.
    2. My partner and co-writer is one of the creators of the "Naked News".
    3. I keep the scalps of my past co-writers in a box, hidden behind a loose stone in my basement wall. Oops... damn! Damn... how do you edit this thing?
  • Options

1. I used to contribute to Exclaim music magazine & Film Threat magazine.
    2. My partner and co-writer is one of the creators of the "Naked News".
    3. I keep the scalps of my past co-writers in a box, hidden behind a loose stone in my basement wall. Oops... damn! Damn... how do you edit this thing?

:-? just can't spot the falsehood in this
  • Options
    Hi!!! i am a blogger a cartoonist and a father!!!!
  • Options
    Hiya! My name is Chris and I'm a longtime listener of CGS (started listening somewhere in the 500s) and was inspired by this show to try my own hand at this podcasting thing. I'm a DC guy going back to my childhood, but I've warmed up to Marvel, Image, Dark Horse, and some manga in the past few years.

2 Truths and a Lie
    1-I once ate an entire bag of microwave chimichangas in one sitting.
    2-I once drank so much I woke up in the bed of a strangers pick-up truck in another town.
    3-At one time, I had no less than fifteen stray cats lay siege to my back yard.

It would tickle me pink if any of youse would stumble onto my blog:
    clubofheroes.blogspot.com

It would tickle me unto many other colors if you's give my youtube page a shot as well.
    http://youtu.be/YdfSdwF6tg4
  • Options
    RimmerRimmer Posts: 1
    Hi, friends with pencils.
    My name is Jiri and I am from Czech republic.

Join the undaunted spermatozoa in their Quest for Ovum. And tell me what you think :)

• Options
    My name is Wilson. My mother got me into the show and I've been a listener for a year and a half.

1. I was dragged by a car while trying to stop a shoplifter.
    2. I've hugged Weird Al Yankovic
    3. I once sold my first and last name for a set of leather bound Sandman trades.

• Options
    SuperchinoSuperchino Posts: 51
    edited January 2013
    My name is Kelly, and I live in Columbus, Ohio. I accidentally became an obsessive comic reader after a great friend turned me onto Mike Grell's Longbow Hunters and subsequent GA run, and it's been an amazing ride ever since!

1. My death metal band trashes every motel room we stay in and I once shat on the tube of a motel tv in Madison, Wisconsin
    2. I hate mayonnaise so badly that I would do horribly illegal things to ensure that its globby grossness never enters my mouth in a torture/ultimatum scenario
    3. Even though I was not born until 1980, all four of my grandparents were born before the turn of the 20th century
  • Options
    @Superchino - you would do even worse things than depicted in #1 just to avoid the bliss of mayonnaise? You're awesome \m/
  • Options
    Oh you bet I would! Haha. Thanks!
  • Options
    My name's Anne, and I live in California. I've been reading comics for a very long time, started listening to CGS about three or four years ago.
    1. one of the members of Green Day babysat my youngest daughter.
    2. I have powers of flight.
    3. I'm working on owning the entire Bronze Age run of Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane.
  • Options
    You sound like a pretty cool lady Anne! I think it's super cool that you had a Green Day member for a babysitter if my assumption that your powers of flight are the dose of fiction in your two truths and one lie! What attracted you to the pursuit of obtaining the entire Lois Lane run?
  • Options
    well....it was _way_ before the band became big , back when they were just another bunch of kids performing at Gilman street. And it was very much a one time thing! Part of the attraction collecting Lois Lane from the 70s is recapturing my youth--it was one of my favorite comic books as a kid--part of it is the hilarious pseudo-relevant stories, and the final part is that the back up feature is Rose and Thorn, one (two?) of my all time favorite DC characters.
  • Options
    @grannygeekness, Thanks for sharing! I became aware of Rose and Thorn with the recent New 52 book last fall, but I did not know they/she? were/was? a backup in the Lois Lane book. I have always been drawn to Batman since childhood (I grew up in rural Ohio and watched the Adam West reruns on the UHF channel almost daily haha talk about something the 20-something crowd won't pick up on!), but my favorite DC character has become Green Arrow (the Denny O'Neil and Mike Grell versions) while The Shade (Starman comics and 2012 ongoing) has been making a bold surge as of late.
  • Options
    Hey all...Yer ol' pal Filthy McMonkey, back on the forums again! Figgered I needed to get some info on the SupahShow, so here I am!

!) I dress almost exclusively in orange.
    2) Am married to a Steampunk model/Artist with a great rack.
    3) I hate Jack Kirby and his clunky, boring art.
  • Options
    electric_mayhemelectric_mayhem Posts: 641
    edited January 2013

Hey all...Yer ol' pal Filthy McMonkey, back on the forums again! Figgered I needed to get some info on the SupahShow, so here I am!

!) I dress almost exclusively in orange.
    2) Am married to a Steampunk model/Artist with a great rack.
    3) I hate Jack Kirby and his clunky, boring art.

as any listener of LoSP should know, #3 is a bald-face lie... Only something about some stories about the Doom Patrol would've given you away..

;)
  • Options
    Hey all, I'm Brett I, been on the forum before but it's been years and I'm ready to commit myself to it again. I've been reading comics for years now and they are one of the biggest things in my life. Onto the Truths!

1. I own Uncanny X men 137 signed by Claremont and Byrne
    2. I really don't mind Greg Land art (modern and old)
    3. I wish I had Sideburns like Murd
  • Options
    My name is Roger. I started listening with the Superman Returns special, around episode 155.
    1. I once peed next to George Takei at a urinal in a bathroom in a Memphis hotel.
    2. Rock star Sting once stepped on my foot and apologized. I said "Don't worry...I'm the King of Pain" to which he replied "cute...never heard that one before"
    3. My first comic was WHIZ COMICS #1
  • Options
    @rogervestal, please, please, please tell me that number two is NOT your lie!
  • Options
    Superchino, number two is a fact. I met Sting backstage in 1996 in Memphis. We were getting our picture made together and he stepped on my foot.
  • Options
    That is awesome. Your fact made my day.