Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Introduce Yourself-- And Play Two Truths and a Lie...

Comments

• Options
    PeterPeter Posts: 470

Hey.

1. I'm an artist
    2. I have way too many funnybooks and far too little space to store them
    3. I have a freakishly sized tallywacker that I affectionately call "Vlad the Impaler"

Clearly the first one is a lie. You are an Artiste!
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    edited October 2012

Hey.

1. I'm an artist
    2. I have way too many funnybooks and far too little space to store them
    3. I have a freakishly sized tallywacker that I affectionately call "Vlad the Impaler"

#1 certainly is the truth
    #2 too many funnybooks? - there is no such thing; too little space to store them? - most likely = half-truth
    #3 now - since we only have one half-truth left.....we have to settle with just "Vlad"......sorry <:-P
  • Options
    Looking back at the introduction pages, I noticed that iron lung guy stole my thunder.
    His rambling PMs on the old forum and again on FB drove me off the internet for a year.

Jeebuz, I can't get away from that guy.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Hugh and Marty back in the same week!

The should be a lot more of this --> =))

And a little less of this --> I-)
  • Options
    Howdy, folks.

1) I'm older than most of you and younger than some of you.
    2) I turned down a chance to be on Wheel of Fortune because a girl wanted me to go out with her.
    3) And if given the chance, I'll tell you every detail about the Top Cow universe that you never wanted to know.

• Options
    PeterPeter Posts: 470
    3. 3 is the lie. Because you should always turn down a chance to be on the Wheel. :)
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Here we go:

1.) I eat chicken legs by wrapping paper towels around the leg part

2.) I've hand my hands up a sheep's butt to assist it with delivering its young

3.) in the early 90s, I had my hair style the same as Vanilla Ice.

M
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Matt said:

Here we go:

M

If 3 is true I would love to see a pic.
  • Options
    tankongtankong Posts: 17
    My first name is Kong. First comic I can ever remember reading were some old Jemm son of Saturn's I had my parents pickup at Newberry's. Are those stores still around?

1. I was born in Burma.
    2. I have run over 10 marathons.
    3. I live in New York.
  • Options
    Matt said:

Here we go:

M

If it isn't 2 I need an anatomy lesson :)
  • Options
    Hello! My name is Jeremy, and I just got back into comic books. It's been almost 25 years since I was reading them as kid, that's when I was surfing the net one day and happened across this site.

-I was a accomplished amateur boxer for 6 years as a youth and even trained for the 96' Olympics in Atlanta.

-I used to pretend I was The Incredible Hulk when I was 6, and chased my sister around trying to Hulk Smash one day accidentally knocking her down the stairs breaking her arm.

-I once sat for 4 days straight without sleep, and watched the entire first 7 seasons of Supernatural.
  • Options
    pacinopacino Posts: 4
    Hey, my name is Chris and I actually live in West Reading, right near 1Up Collectibles. Been enjoying the podcast for some time and decided to check out the forums.
  • Options
    pacinopacino Posts: 4
    oh, whoops:

1. avid bowler

2. have a pacemaker

3. no car
  • Options
    OddmanOddman Posts: 1
    Hey guys. I'm Oddman.

1. I come from the future.
    2. I'm secretly an evil genius.
    3. My comic collection swallowed 3 of my friends a year ago. I think they are somewhere in between 'Tomb Raider' and 'Tomb Of Dracula', so I really don't think I'll be finding them anytime soon.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Oddman said:

Hey guys. I'm Oddman.

1. I come from the future.
    2. I'm secretly an evil genius.
    3. My comic collection swallowed 3 of my friends a year ago. I think they are somewhere in between 'Tomb Raider' and 'Tomb Of Dracula', so I really don't think I'll be finding them anytime soon.

Maybe you've just got a Jumanji set in with your comics???
  • Options
    My name is Andrew, I'm a Forensic Pathologist-slash-comic book enthusiast, living in Jakarta, Indonesia, started listening way back in the Crisis on Infinite Earths episode, submitted Stump The Rios and Muddle the Murd a coupla times.

1. My favorite comic run is Mark Waid and Greg Larocque's Flash
    2. I also cherish dearly the Len Strazewski/Mike Parobeck 10 issue JSA series.
    3. I prefer Barry Allen

[that last one is a lie. Wally West is my Flash, and always will be]
  • Options
    I was a big comic book reader when I was a kid - mostly Archie, Richie Rich, & the like. I stopped reading comics after age 14 or so. Then, I went to SDCC & stumbled into Geoff Johns panel on Blackest Night - mostly because I needed a place to sit down, as I had no idea what was actually going on in that room at that time. WELL!! I was riveted, & the rest, as they say, is history! I dove back into comics full speed, starting with Blackest Night and haven't stopped or looked back since.
    1) I am selling all my comics in order to buy an IPad and go completely digital
    2) I have a big crush on Pants
    3) I have gone to SDCC every year since 2007
  • Options
    don't we all have a crush on Pants ;;)
  • Options
    Hey guys, Crashmurdoch here.

Found you guys through StarJoes and have been listening for a while. Love your show and I thought I would join the forum community.

Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    NickSDNickSD Posts: 14
    edited November 2012
    My name is Nick, and the first episode I listened to was Top Five OGNs (still my favorite episode so far). I'm a comic creator (and publish at superdude.org) here in NYC, I draw my comics with a trackball mouse because I have muscular dystrophy and can't hold a pen anymore. I'd love it if, as I improve, I can give/get feedback and talk to people who actually understand what I do. And read comics with you guys.

Nick
  • Options
    @NickSD : I've read your personal story. It's awesome to meet you in this very forum. >:D<
  • Options
    NickSDNickSD Posts: 14
    Thanks John! would love to chat
  • Options
    I am one of the premiere agents for Hollywood East in Massachusetts.
    I use to be an agent of artists and rockbands/hip-hop back in the 1990s.
    I own HUNDREDS of CGC comic books.
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    My name is Cory, and I started listening during Civil War. And I've listened ever since.

1. I work for a Radio Station
    2. I am a Yugioh champion
    3. I've listened to over 100 audiobooks
  • Options
    Mihawk said:

My name is Cory, and I started listening during Civil War. And I've listened ever since.

1. I work for a Radio Station
    2. I am a Yugioh champion
    3. I've listened to over 100 audiobooks

Statement #1 is the lie... You don't work for a Radio Station, you are OWNED by a Radio Station..

;)
  • Options
    kiwijasekiwijase Posts: 451
    Mihawk said:

You've been listening since 1861? Amazing!

• Options
    edited November 2012
    kiwijase said:

Mihawk said:

You've been listening since 1861? Amazing!

Yeah - I remember the live episode out of Gettysburg in which the CGS crew had to finish early due to Lincoln giving his little speech. What a shame that was.

• Options
    I am Paul, and my love of comics is accredited to a friend who introduced me to Spider-Man while I live in Sembach AFB, Germany.

1. I once has the goal of obtaining every Spider-Man appearance in comics, but have given that up.
    2. The first comic book I ever purchased off the rack was Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man #4.
    3. The first concert I attended was Madonna, Who's That Girl" tour, while living in Germany.

• Options
    jmoneyjmoney Posts: 31

2. The first comic book I ever purchased off the rack was Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man #4.

liar, it was Web of Spider-man and you know it.