Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Super Duper Man of Steel Spoiler Discussion

Comments

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Matt said:

Just a reminder, Man of Steel hits Blu-ray/DVD on Tuesday. Enjoy!

M

Hits Blu-ray?

Or throws Blu-ray through a building? ;)
  • Options
    PeterPeter Posts: 470
    Matt said:

M

If it doesn't show up for my birthday or for Christmas, my family and/or girlfriend are out of my will.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    edited November 2013
    David_D said:

Matt said:

M

Hits Blu-ray?

Or throws Blu-ray through a building? ;)
    I'd say no more then expected! :)

http://youtu.be/KIWle6pVv1w

http://youtu.be/xemvuM-uav0

M
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I think those videos show that even a cartoon Superman destroys more buildings in two minutes than they did in the whole final battle in Avengers.

As before, I compliment them for their restraint. ;)
  • Options
    That's some restraint. lol
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Peter said:

Matt said:

M

If it doesn't show up for my birthday or for Christmas, my family and/or girlfriend are out of my will.
    If it does show up for my birthday or Christmas, my family and/or wife are out of my will.

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Mr_Cosmic said:

If it does show up for my birthday or Christmas, my family and/or wife are out of my will.

^:)^
  • Options
    Peter said:

To be fair, this dead horse was PRESENTED for a beating. Let's be honest, this is what Matt was looking for by bumping this thread.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Peter said:

Did I ever tell you about the summer I worked at Elmer's factory?

M
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    David_D said:

Peter said:

To be fair, this dead horse was PRESENTED for a beating. Let's be honest, this is what Matt was looking for by bumping this thread.
    I can't present a public service announcement for the movie? When there isn't post about the Wolverine come December, you'll know who to pinpoint! :)

I don't think its any different from when I retweeted this on twitter or tweeted when TDKR (which was a few times.) I've not tried to hide my pure enjoyment of the movie. Sure you could say I'm stomping a hornet's nest, but there were other people who enjoyed the movie as well.

This isn't quite an Agents of SHIELD division, but there's still a number of us who enjoy the movie on its merits. Is really THAT different from the same couple of people who post bravado about how great AoS is each week? I never take it as stirring up the thread because its a damn near 50/50 split of who likes/dislikes.

Oh, on a side note, looks like Walmart might have the best edition for the money if you're looking for all but the 3D Blu-ray.

M
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    David_D said:

Peter said:

By saying the DVD was coming out - in the Man of Steel thread? Okaaaaaayyyyyyy....

"DVD out next week!"

"I still won't buy it!" -foot stomp, pouty mc pouty face-

Uhmmm... good for you? :-??
  • Options
    GargoyleGargoyle Posts: 199
    Some really interesting snippets from the webcast. I wouldn't say any of them were hugely surprising but it's good to see some sort of confirmation from the director of things that a lot of people speculated on. (Trying to tiptoe around "spoilers" as some might consider things that aren't up there on the screen to be out-of-bounds).
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Peter said:

David_D said:

Peter said:

By saying the DVD was coming out - in the Man of Steel thread? Okaaaaaayyyyyyy....

"DVD out next week!"

I think you are missing the part where Matt and I are enjoying ourselves. This isnt a Twitter argument with strangers, I think Matt and I know where each other are coming from on this, and keep it light. I thought that would be clear. Maybe I needed to add more winks?

No one is actually trying to rehash the whole conversation, at this point bumping this thread is almost like revisiting an old in-joke, exactly *because* Matt know what he's going to get by saying, 'here comes the Blu-Ray, enjoy!' And everyone will feel the same as they did months ago.

But it's all good. Matt, am I wrong? (About this I mean, not about MoS ;) )

• Options
    David_D said:

Peter said:

David_D said:

Peter said:

"DVD out next week!"

I think you are missing the part where Matt and I are enjoying ourselves. This isnt a Twitter argument with strangers, I think Matt and I know where each other are coming from on this, and keep it light. I thought that would be clear. Maybe I needed to add more winks?

No one is actually trying to rehash the whole conversation, at this point bumping this thread is almost like revisiting an old in-joke, exactly *because* Matt know what he's going to get by saying, 'here comes the Blu-Ray, enjoy!' And everyone will feel the same as they did months ago.

No...you're still wrong about Man of Steel ;)

M
  • Options
    David_D said:

Peter said:

David_D said:

Peter said:

"DVD out next week!"

But Matt's comment wasn't in reply to anything you wrote. It was just a post. In a Man of Steel discussion thread. I could see if this was the Man of Steel Sucks thread - or the Man of Steel Discussion between Matt and David D thread - then it would be bait. Instead, it was just a post for those interested without having to even read or be aware of the previous 20 pages. If it's drumming up any kind of negative feelings, on a DVD announcement, that's on you guys. I would question the need to keep stoking the opposition fire more than Matt's posting.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Peter said:

David_D said:

Peter said:

David_D said:

Peter said:

"DVD out next week!"

But Matt's comment wasn't in reply to anything you wrote. It was just a post. In a Man of Steel discussion thread. I could see if this was the Man of Steel Sucks thread - or the Man of Steel Discussion between Matt and David D thread - then it would be bait. Instead, it was just a post for those interested without having to even read or be aware of the previous 20 pages. If it's drumming up any kind of negative feelings, on a DVD announcement, that's on you guys. I would question the need to keep stoking the opposition fire more than Matt's posting.
    Honestly, Peter, I don't see the negative feelings that I think you are seeing. Matt reminded us about the DVD/Blu-Ray release, I made a joke about throwing it through a building. Heck, given that there was a time I was spending real time arguing about those buildings full of pretend people, it could even be seen as poking fun at myself. Others, like yourself, could express that they were looking forward to the release, others could express that they weren't. With some hyperbole? Sure. Like any other discussion of any other thing around here.

And those who us (Matt included) sometimes end up joking about how long of a debate in other places. Some threads are like that a little- they get so long, that when they reappear, part of the joke is that they were that thing that people spent so much time on at some point. You probably remember threads like that. And Matt has bumped the thread as much as anyone, including with things that are meant to provoke further discussion. It's all a pretty lighthearted thing, and I don't want to speak for him, but I have at least got the feeling that Matt, myself, and hopefully others, have actually ENJOYED the long discussion. I didn't get the feeling he just wanted to make a public service announcement and not get a peep back. He can correct me if I misunderstood, but I don't think that is usually what he is looking for.

I think 'flames of opposition' is not actually what is happening here. I wouldn't worry about negative feelings.

And for what it is worth-- this place could use a few more discussions that might go on for a geeky amount of time, maybe even too long. To me, that is what happens when people geek out about something, even if they disagree. I remember back when there used to be a lot more polarizing things like that with long debates (Infinite Crisis comes to mind).

If this thread constitutes beating a dead horse, I prefer that to the tumbleweeds.
  • Options
    Mom, Dad please stop fighting. I don't want to live with Uncle Chuck & Uncle Wetrats!! (It'd definitely mean no MoS Blu-ray for Christmas!)

This is actually my favorite thread on the forums. There have been very meaty, well thought out posts...even ones I don't agree with. I think AoS has the opportunity to be another one, but I just need to get motivated enough to watch the episodes before I can get off the bench & into the game.

M

• Options
    Matt said:

Mom, Dad please stop fighting. I don't want to live with Uncle Chuck & Uncle Wetrats!! (It'd definitely mean no MoS Blu-ray for Christmas!)

But I cleaned the guest room!

:((
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Id love to believe it but Kevin Smith so gushes and over sells every little thing I just cant get my hope up. not even for just a costume.
  • Options
    As long as the redacted sentence isn't "DC One Million inspired" then I'll be okay...been playing that ugly-ass costume in Arkham Origins.
  • Options
    It would be nice to see some grey for a change.

Blue is too much to hope for, I suppose.
  • Options
    Purple gloves?
  • Options
    WetRats said:

I'd prefer no blue, but agree some more gray. I think the suit in Begins was a step in the right direction with some gray, but that went away with the modified, overly elaborate suit in TDK.

M
  • Options
    batlaw said:

Id love to believe it but Kevin Smith so gushes and over sells every little thing I just cant get my hope up. not even for just a costume.

I concur. The only think more bloated then Kevin Smith's waistline is his hype about something he was already praising.

M
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Matt said:

WetRats said:

I'd prefer no blue, but agree some more gray. I think the suit in Begins was a step in the right direction with some gray, but that went away with the modified, overly elaborate suit in TDK.

M
    @Matt I think we had this conversation before about the Bat-Suit. you were a fan of the tactical and i was pulling for a little more Ninja-stealth and less bulky. I get the level of realism you were shooting for but man i would dig a classic costume.
  • Options
    Matt said:

batlaw said:

I concur. The only think more bloated then Kevin Smith's waistline is his hype about something he was already praising.

M
    I find his enthusiasm endearing...

Oh wait, wrong thread.

Why the fat crack, though? Are we Enlarged Americans the one group it's still OK to openly express bigotry against? :(

• Options
    random73 said:

@Matt I think we had this conversation before about the Bat-Suit. you were a fan of the tactical and i was pulling for a little more Ninja-stealth and less bulky. I get the level of realism you were shooting for but man i would dig a classic costume.

Yeah, I'd love to see an Adams/Aparo sleek Batman.