Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Arrow

Comments

• Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    jaydee74 said:

Here's what I don't know. How different is the New 52 Flash origin? How did he get his powers?

same actual event i think, lightning, shelf of chemicals, boom! but with the added backstory of his dad doing jail time for murdering his mom. pretty much just like the show. maybe some goofyness about it being "speed force" lightning that struck him. Somebody help me here, was it Barry himself from the future embodying the lightning? i don't recall.
  • Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    edited December 2013
    Although we haven't seen him run yet, we know he can dance. Here's Grant Gustin (Barry Allen/Flash) from a Glee deleted scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMtoJKHRXqw

Here's another Warblers song featuring Gustin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRzJrT43sDg
  • Options
    This episode made me very happy. Besides spotting Cyrus Gold/Solomon Grundy (Ollie even made the "Born on a Monday" reference), we get Ollie's new mask, Barry struck by lightning, and Slade Wilson looking more like his comic book incarnation -- eyepatch and all. Lots of fan points here.

And I have to say that I didn't mind Barry so much this time around, though I still think he's younger than he should be. I liked how analytical he was being throughout the show and being inventive according to needs. That's the real Barry Allen. He just might win me over yet.
  • Options
    This show is just fantastic. I cant believe I ignored it for the first season. I cant wait for January.
  • Options
    You know, for just a moment there when all we got was a glimpse of Slade's bearded chin, I had a fleeting thought that the Secret Baddie was going to wind up being Vandal Savage.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Went back and re-watched the past 9 episodes. Again had a blast spending time in the Arrow universe. Still so much to discover. And there are more laughs than one might suspect. Clever writing, some great acting, hot people, awesome action, good score, everything looks nice. So far definitely in my Top 10 of the "twenty-tens"
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Seeing Slade at the end of this episode looking a lot like he does from the comics, made me do a fist pump. I am hoping to see the start of an amazing hero/villain battle to go on and off for the rest of the series. I love this guy as Slade. I liked him when he was Spartacus and I like him as Slade. I do so hope he also puts on the costume as well.
  • Options
    JDickJDick Posts: 206
    I was really impressed with Arrow's first season as I had very low expectations based on the promotion. The first season really overachieved and Season 2 has been really great so far.

In terms of Barry Allen: will we see that same scene play out again in the Flash pilot? Will he already be the Flash when the show starts? I'm curious about how and where Barry's story will pick up.
  • Options
    JDick said:

I was really impressed with Arrow's first season as I had very low expectations based on the promotion. The first season really overachieved and Season 2 has been really great so far.

In terms of Barry Allen: will we see that same scene play out again in the Flash pilot? Will he already be the Flash when the show starts? I'm curious about how and where Barry's story will pick up.

Me too, good questions.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    Decent return of Arrow last night. Seemed like they figured out Scrapnel's plan pretty easily. Quick check of a database and Diggle was the only who thought of looking in the sound system?

I guess they are going to have to work toward the realization when Slade finds out how Shadoe dies. My guess is that the end of Blood's arc will begin the Deathstroke story arc. They can use Slade for all of Season 3 which would be fine by me.
  • Options

Decent return of Arrow last night. Seemed like they figured out Scrapnel's plan pretty easily. Quick check of a database and Diggle was the only who thought of looking in the sound system?

I guess they are going to have to work toward the realization when Slade finds out how Shadoe dies. My guess is that the end of Blood's arc will begin the Deathstroke story arc. They can use Slade for all of Season 3 which would be fine by me.

any idea how long between an episode airing and it appearing on netflix?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    random73 said:

any idea how long between an episode airing and it appearing on netflix?
    Might be awhile for netflix someone else might know. The WB has an app I think you can use for current season episodes.

Looks like the just go back 4 or 5 episodes.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Wow.

Just started watching the series on Netflix.

At this point I'm about halfway through Season 1.

I am really impressed.

Some folks might be surprised that one of the things I like most is that it's dark as fuck.

I know I probably come off often as someone who wants all my superheroes glossy and squeaky clean.

Not so.

When appropriate, I have no problem with darkness.

And in the case of Green Arrow, especially, this Green Arrow, darkness is very appropriate.

While I'm sure this show thrills the crap out of Mike Grell, I wonder how Denny O'Neill and Neal Adams feel about it. I bet they can see a lot of the seeds they planted as well.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    another convert :D

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    WetRats said:

Wow.

Just started watching the series on Netflix.

At this point I'm about halfway through Season 1.

I am really impressed.

Some folks might be surprised that one of the things I like most is that it's dark as fuck.

I know I probably come off often as someone who wants all my superheroes glossy and squeaky clean.

Not so.

When appropriate, I have no problem with darkness.

And in the case of Green Arrow, especially, this Green Arrow, darkness is very appropriate.

While I'm sure this show thrills the crap out of Mike Grell, I wonder how Denny O'Neill and Neal Adams feel about it. I bet they can see a lot of the seeds they planted as well.

Interesting. I always thought you wanted your heroes like this:

http://youtu.be/gjlGuY5HI4o

;)

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

Interesting. I always thought you wanted your heroes like this:

http://youtu.be/gjlGuY5HI4o

;)

M

:))

That's got its appeal as well!

And honestly, I'm not sure I'd consider this Green Arrow a hero, any more than I'd consider, say, Raylan Givens a hero. Or the Count of Monte Cristo.

I like the character. I identify with and understand his motivations and choices. But I don't necessarily believe they are the best choices, nor are they heroic choices.

Of course, I think "hero" is a word that has been devalued, similarly to "tragedy".*

*Interesting, considering the historic connection between the two words.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I'm watching the first season of Arrow on DVD. Ten episodes in,, and I am loving this show.

I really should have seen the identity of the other Archer coming. I really should have. And yet I loved the unmasking.

I'm also enjoying the characters they are using from the comics. Awesome.
  • Options
    After another crappy story to get Felicity to do something for Oliver -

Diggle - "Your B.S. stories are getting worse."

Oliver - "Well aware."

Yeah I know, old news. It's new to me!
  • Options

Oliver - "Well aware."

You are going to love Season 2!
  • Options

Oliver - "Well aware."

Felicity & Dig are my favorite characters on the show.
  • Options
    Amanda Waller is putting a squad together. Solid episode.
  • Options
    I loved the entire season. Wow.

I want more. I *need* more.
  • Options
    this show is by the far my favorite...

"Its more of a squad.."
  • Options
    ...if only it wasn't the skinny Amanda...

Otherwise, I loved it too.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Just watched episode 12. That's the 2nd reference to Markovia in the series. I'm waiting to see my boy Geo-Force show up.

Although Terra showing up as death strokes puppet might be more likely.

I like the larger DCU seeds being planted. I give Marc Guggenheim credit for that.
  • Options
    Its going to be interesting to see when or if we get answers to certain things on the Island considering whats happened on there so far. Like when Ollie gets the same tattoo as Shado or who is the one who actually trains him. We've seen some training so far but nothing that would turn him into the fighter he is present day.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    random73 said:

Just watched episode 12. That's the 2nd reference to Markovia in the series. I'm waiting to see my boy Geo-Force show up.

I like the larger DCU seeds being planted. I give Marc Guggenheim credit for that.

Jericho reference in there as well.
  • Options
    hauberk said:

random73 said:

Jericho reference in there as well.
    Yeah buddy!