Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Arrow

1242526272830»

Comments

• Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    edited January 2020
    Well that's a wrap on Arrow. Overall it was definitely my favorite of the CW series. But it was time. My thoughts on each season.

Seasons 1 - I thought it was really good, basically did Batman Begins, but Malcolm was a fantastic Villain. And the trio of Oliver, Digg, and Felicity was great.

Season 2 - Personally my favorite season. Deathstroke was awesome, a pretty great live action adaption. Loved the addition of Sarah, I actually wish she would have stayed as the Black Canary. Of course bringing in Barry and setting up the Arrow-verse.

Season 3 - I think this season gets a bad wrap, I think the first 9 episodes are great. And I wish we could have seen the back half they wanted to do. Which would have heavily involved the Suicide Squad. But because of that awful movie, WB nixed it. And they almost got Liam Neeson for Ra's. Which would have been cool to see. But Roy was awesome in that season. I liked the mini arc they had after Oliver was "killed" by Ra's.

Season 4 - My least favorite of the series. Just a complete miss fire on the Villain choice. And this season when they really try and push Felicity as essential the main character, which was a terrible decision, and basically made her character the most hated character in the Fandom.

Season 5 - An incredibly season, right behind 2. Great Villain = great season. Promethues was so good, and it was cool seeing stuff tied into the first season, and making a repercussion for Oliver killing so much.

Season 6 - Was good, not great. It just didn't live up to the post season 5 hype.

Season 7 - Is why I wish all the CW series had about 10 - 13 episode seasons. Because the first half with the Prison was awesome. Because it had a definitive ending, and it ended a arc. If that was the entire season? It would have been perfect. But the back half, while it wasn't bad, it just wasn't as good as the first half.

Season 8 - Was good, and a good Finale. Setting up Diggle as a possible Green Lantern, if that spinned off? I'd watch it, just to see what a GL live action would even begin to look like?

For me it's Seasons 2,5,1,7,3,6,8,4. And one thing I should mention is how fantastic Stephen Amell was a Oliver Queen/Green Arrow. He got so good in that part, and was in large reason why I kept up with the show and even the rest of the Arrow-verse.

It's hard to rate it against Smallville, just because Smallville is so nostalgic to me. But I'd put it right up there with it.