Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Arrow

Comments

• Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    Great season so far better than last season which is good to see a series get progressively better. Love all the little Easter eggs for us comic fans.

Absolutely love the Deathstroke uniform I know some people think he looks like Sports Master. But I think it's just like with the Batman movies in real life you wouldn't just but some cloth mask on it would be a helmet of some kind.
  • Options
    First look at the Suicide Squad. My guess is Shrapnel is the first to go.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=51024

• Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511

First look at the Suicide Squad. My guess is Shrapnel is the first to go.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=51024

And just in time for the cancellation of the Suicide Squad title!
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    Just caught "The Promise" episode. Some great tension and reveals in this one (though I thought all the Team Arrow scenes were poorly acted). The rest of this season should be pretty epic!

Now if only they would heed my advice and jettison Laurel and Moira.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    kgforce said:

Just caught "The Promise" episode. Some great tension and reveals in this one (though I thought all the Team Arrow scenes were poorly acted). The rest of this season should be pretty epic!

Now if only they would heed my advice and jettison Laurel and Moira.

So it just wasn't me who thought the acting was bad? Thea and his mom should have picked up that Ollie and Slade knew each other. Still a pretty good episode.
  • Options
    CageNarleighCageNarleigh Posts: 729
    edited March 2014
    So, just for fun, I've got a question.

Who should figure out that Oliver is 'Arrow' next?

A) Laurel
    B) Moira
    C) Thea
    D) Detective Officer Lance

For the record, I don't think another person should figure it out for awhile. Between Felicity, Slade, Diggle, Sara, Roy, Barry, etc... we've got enough as it is.

But I vote, if we HAVE to have someone, that it be Officer Lance. Frankly I'm kinda surprised he hasn't figured it out by now. Kinda goes as a "point" against his skills as a (former) Detective that he hasn't come back around to that conclusion yet.
  • Options
    Made up a meme for the show...

• Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326

So, just for fun, I've got a question.

Who should figure out that Oliver is 'Arrow' next?

A) Laurel
    B) Moira
    C) Thea
    D) Detective Officer Lance

For the record, I don't think another person should figure it out for awhile. Between Felicity, Slade, Diggle, Sara, Roy, Barry, etc... we've got enough as it is.

But I vote, if we HAVE to have someone, that it be Officer Lance. Frankly I'm kinda surprised he hasn't figured it out by now. Kinda goes as a "point" against his skills as a (former) Detective that he hasn't come back around to that conclusion yet.

100% Agree.
  • Options
    RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    Just think of how many people knew of Clark's secret by the end of Smallville. Sometimes they would be killed off. The rest just made me think - how could he EVER keep his identity? :))
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    RepoMan said:

Just think of how many people knew of Clark's secret by the end of Smallville. Sometimes they would be killed off. The rest just made me think - how could he EVER keep his identity? :))

Of course, by the end of the series the realization that so many already knew who he was made it more imperative that he work harder at delineating the differences between Superman and Clark so that nobody else would make the connection. That was a strong theme over the last several episodes.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Spoilers!

Squad was an okay episode I would have preferred for them to have the whole episode with a bit more action. Didn't need the Laurel-Ollie-Sara drama. I hope they bring the Squad back. Loved the Harley cameo.
  • Options
    Well, they needed the Laurel-Ollie-Sara drama -- it's his show, after all, and that was practically his only appearance in the episode!

And, yeah, I loved the Harley cameo too. I almost missed it, and laughed out loud when I realized who it was.

John Ostrander posted on Facebook his approval of the episode (despite his misgivings about the skinny Waller) and was suitably flattered by the Ostrander Hotel.

• Options

Well, they needed the Laurel-Ollie-Sara drama -- it's his show, after all, and that was practically his only appearance in the episode!

And, yeah, I loved the Harley cameo too. I almost missed it, and laughed out loud when I realized who it was.

John Ostrander posted on Facebook his approval of the episode (despite his misgivings about the skinny Waller) and was suitably flattered by the Ostrander Hotel.

That's why that rang a bell.
  • Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dmcykee2UJ0

Great scene and Batman is a creepy stalker.
  • Options
    WAPCocoWAPCoco Posts: 2
    I thought the Harley cameo was fantastic. I'm happy they kept Tara. And yea, skinny Waller...little weird...hot...but different.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Why oh why has nobody ever been smart enough to actually cast cache pounder as Waller?!?! Why are getting these weak interpretations when she not only fits the part, is well familiar with the character, but easily one of the best and under used actresses there is.
  • Options
    WAPCocoWAPCoco Posts: 2
    There is a lot that has to go into casting choice. However much we don't want to admit it, society is run by quite a few things, but the biggest one is called Politics. But, we also have to consider that maybe Cache doesn't want the part.
  • Options
    The title of next week's episode is "Birds of Prey". :)
  • Options
    You guys mean CCH Pounder?
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879

You guys mean CCH Pounder?

Yes. Exactly.
  • Options
    They certainly do seem to like the character -- this is her, what? Fourth transition to TV and film over the past decade? And they keep tweaking her away from the personality that made her such a great character to begin with. I enjoyed the Suicide Squad episode (their third transition to TV, btw), but the newest incarnation of Waller leaves me cold.
  • Options
    There WAS a "fat Waller" in Smallville...

Obviously not as massive as the source material, but still. Better than model thin Wallers. (Green Lantern movie, Arrow)
  • Options
    Yeah, I liked the Smallville version.
  • Options
    I forgot Pam Grier was Amanda Waller. The actress playing her on Arrow just (putting the size issue aside)doesn't have the acting chops. Even by CW standards.
  • Options
    Great episode with 'Birds of Prey' last night!

Some good Easter Eggs, calling Roy 'Speedy', saying someone was at the corner of "Gail and Simone".

I am kinda getting sick of Huntress though, if only a little. Maybe it's just me...
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

I am kinda getting sick of Huntress though, if only a little. Maybe it's just me...

I haven't seen much second season, yet, but they'd pretty much written her into a corner by the end of the first season.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

I haven't seen much second season, yet, but they'd pretty much written her into a corner by the end of the first season.
    I kept changing my mind as I type this but I guess they could give her a pass since she killed a lot of bad guys like Green Arrow so she could be rehabilitated and they could bring her back and she goes underground.
  • Options
    I think they missed a big chance in this episode to humanize Huntress some more. I still couldnt care about her turn at the end when she realised that nothing had changed but if they had just included one small line during her chat with Laurel where she maybe said she was sorry to hear Tommy had died then it would have done wonders for me. Showing that this really was just all about her Father and everything that happened was a means to an end.