Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    I was completely in from the first scene, Steve and Sam's "meet cute".
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Since Zola showed that Hydra was responsible for Howard & Maria Stark's deaths, this means that Stane was with Hydra.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Agents of SHIELD's frustrating delays now make sense as this week's cliffhanger perfectly meshes with Winter Soldier.

Hmmm... Who saw that coming? B-)
  • Options
    Any lingering doubts about ScarJo's ability to carry a Black Widow feature that weren't dispelled by the "Lucy" trailer (Damn! DAMN!) were dispelled by her performance in Winter Soldier.

As in The Avengers, her humanity absolutely shines in this film.
  • Options
    Anyone else think that with the recent comments Chris Evans has made about quitting acting after Cap 3 we might start seeing the seeds planted for Bucky taking over as Cap?
  • Options

Anyone else think that with the recent comments Chris Evans has made about quitting acting after Cap 3 we might start seeing the seeds planted for Bucky taking over as Cap?

Certainly an established possibility.
  • Options
    I'd certainly prefer it to any recasting. With all these movies being so interconnected these days and Marvel having done such a great job creating the movie universe its going to be weird if they start doing that. I know we've had it with War Machine and Hulk but those were pretty early on.
  • Options

I'd certainly prefer it to any recasting. With all these movies being so interconnected these days and Marvel having done such a great job creating the movie universe its going to be weird if they start doing that. I know we've had it with War Machine and Hulk but those were pretty early on.

And utterly painless as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    Yeah they were but I dont think I could say the same when we get around to Downey Jr being replaced.
  • Options
    Oh yeah...

"Marvel's Agents of ... ???"
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Oh yeah...

Yeah... No idea how this show moves forward. Clearly the agency has to be rebooted in some form if they want to show to continue. Marvel's Former Agents of SHIELD doesn't have the same ring.

On a side note, sad that it looks like Colbie Smoulders won't be joining the show now that HIMYM is done, at least not as a regular.
  • Options

On a side note, sad that it looks like Colbie Smoulders won't be joining the show now that HIMYM is done, at least not as a regular.

Don't get me started on HIMYM. F#*K that finale...just...yeah

• Options
    Im thinking the team will spend the next year either on the run, trying to find answers or working on their own and then maybe SHIELD will come back in some form in Avengers 2 which will then tie into Agents of SHIELD.
  • Options
    Can I say, in reference to the post credit scenes, I wish they had been shown in reverse order. It was like getting a delicious meal followed by an unsatisfying appetizer. I enjoyed the movie thoroughly, but I hated that I stuck around for what was essentially a reaction shot.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Can I say, in reference to the post credit scenes, I wish they had been shown in reverse order. It was like getting a delicious meal followed by an unsatisfying appetizer. I enjoyed the movie thoroughly, but I hated that I stuck around for what was essentially a reaction shot.

I say thee nay!
  • Options
    "Marvel's Agents of HYDRA"?
  • Options
    I reiterate from the SHIELD thread: Coulson being manipulated into finding the super-secret revivification complex was so that it would be unavailable to Fury when the assassination went down.

The Clairvoyant would seem to be Zola.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    Unfortunately due to a funeral I won't be seeing it until Sunday. Looking forward to the discussion on the Spoilerific thread and the CGS discussion.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I would have never guessed that the gorgeous closing credits designs were by David Mack.

So different than his established style.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    After the initial credit scene(the twins), we left...what was the final scene about?
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

After the initial credit scene(the twins), we left...what was the final scene about?

Bucky at the Smithsonian, reading about himself.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Never EVER leave early! The film is not over until it is over!

• Options
    WetRats said:

I would have never guessed that the gorgeous closing credits designs were by David Mack.

So different that his established style.

Didn't know they were done by Mack. I thought they were the best closing credit sequence of all the Marvel films yet.

• Options
    WetRats said:

Oh yeah...

It was my impression that during the "senate review" type sequence toward the end of the film with Black Widow, it was basically put down like "as much as you would like to get rid of SHIELD, we are your best option, so you are stuck with us".
  • Options
    Hex said:

WetRats said:

Oh yeah...

It was my impression that during the "senate review" type sequence toward the end of the film with Black Widow, it was basically put down like "as much as you would like to get rid of SHIELD, we are your best option, so you are stuck with us".
    I thought she meant hands-on operatives, or dare we say, superheroes.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    A while ago I was "complaining" about how much my Brother had spoiled "Winter Soldier" for me during our many mentoring sessions about Cap. I basically had the whole premise of the film laid out for me during the production of the movie. I didn't know until watching the film that he had thrown me a ton of red herrings! He had me convinced that Baron Von Strucker was the big bad and that Redford would be revealed as the Red Skull at the end of the film! He also kind of hinted that maybe the Serpent Society might be involved. You should have seen the grin on his face at the end of the Premier.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    WetRats said:

Good point... never thought that she might have been referring to the "Supers".
    I'm sure there will be some clarification this coming Tuesday on Agents of SHIELD.
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited April 2014
    Hex said:

WetRats said:

Good point... never thought that she might have been referring to the "Supers".
    I'm sure there will be some clarification this coming Tuesday on Agents of SHIELD.
    With Sitwell's role in the most recent episode of SHIELD and his considerable role in Cap, I don't see how the events of the last episode could be going on at the same time as Cap. The SHIELD ep cliffhanger happens less than twenty-four hours after Sitwell was on a mission with them, and he still needs to get on that boat. I feel like it might be another week or 2 before they sync up, which makes sense if they wanted everybody to get the chance to see the movie before they start exploring the ending. They'd also have a week to promote it.
  • Options
    WhirlwindWhirlwind Posts: 94
    I was so hoping that they were going to make Alexander Pierce the grown-up version of the little red-haired boy that got thrown into the drink in CA, but by the time it was over, I was glad they didn't.

I was disappointed because Batroc didn't get to say "Zut alours!" or "Sacre Bleu!" even once, but I was very impressed with his fighting scene - and he might even have survived.

You know you'll be seeing Crossbones again.

I love the way they re-imagined Arnim Zola, but I wish they had given him more than one scene.

This all sounds very nitpicky, but this was an exceptional movie. It had so many fine moments between characters, and just of Steve himself - when he remembered running by the flagpole, for example, or wandering the museum. Its stunts and action sequences were spectacular, and it was just edge-of-my seat.

Plus, it may have done the near-impossible by encouraging Agents of SHIELD to be don't-miss-TV, which I would never have dared hope for even a month ago.