Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Loved. Every. Minute.

Out of all the Marvel movies Winter Soldier jumps to the top for me just under Avengers. I agree that the tie-in with AoS made both even more enjoyable. Ready for Cap 3.
  • Options
    Matt said:

Boy, any shot we can take to make comments about things we don't like. Now I see how ridiculous I sounded crowbarring complaints about Morrison & the 60s Batman into any thread.

M

YOU JUST DID IT AGAIN!!!

:)
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    "Crowbarring" is my new favorite verb.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Anyone else see Cap's Avengers 2 suit? I'm not 100% sold on it...but it doesn't suck. Also, the Avengers logo is on the shoulders instead of SHIELD.

M
  • Options
    Sucks much less than his Avengers 1 costume. He just looked silly in that movie.
  • Options
    It looks like a nice amalgam of what worked from the prior suits.

M
  • Options
    WhirlwindWhirlwind Posts: 94
    WetRats said:

"Crowbarring" is my new favorite verb.

Hopefully, the writers will remember that particular gerund when they write in the Wrecker.

• Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Matt said:

It looks like a nice amalgam of what worked from the prior suits.

M

I agree. I'm happy with what I've seen of this new suit.

• Options
    BondoBondo Posts: 57
    Big fan of all the cap suits thus far, each suits their purpose, pardon the pun, (even the great show-biz one in Cap 1).
  • Options
    Bondo said:

Big fan of all the cap suits thus far, each suits their purpose, pardon the pun, (even the great show-biz one in Cap 1).

"Have you got a suit?... Suit up!""
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    edited August 2014
    Not bad... Honest Trailer for Winter Soldier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvHyk2ESFCI

Best nitpicking ... E.V.E.R.
  • Options

Not bad... Honest Trailer for Winter Soldier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvHyk2ESFCI

I think some of the nitpicks were a little of a stretch. If Agent Carter reveals Hydra had been there since the inception of SHIELD, then how would Stark's program distinguish the two?

Could Fury still have been wearing the body armor, but a high caliber round was used? A good predator knows its prey.

Wasn't Stark's repulser tech used on the 3 super Heli-carriers? Eliminating/allowing Stark to die in IM2 would've delayed their plans, not help it.

Wasn't the groundwork for Hydra somewhat in Avengers? Barton commented SHIELD has no shortage of enemies & some of the Heli-carrier infiltrators were wearing SHIELD gear.

The Avengers Initiative was shutdown before Avengers (Hydra could've had a hand in that). Fury essentially gathered the group outside of SHIELD.

Red Skull WAS using the Tesseract to take over the world with advanced weapons...so why would Hydra 'just take it' if Phase Two (which involved making superior weapons) wasn't finished? Again, more hurting then helping.

M
  • Options

"Best Nitpicking"...

Kinda like "best toothache."
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Who would've predicted that post would've fired up the two most zealous forum nit-pickers of CGS? :)
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    I don't have a problem with nit picking. If a movie is good, nits to pick are the only ways to seperate the good from the great and the great from the classic.
  • Options
    Some recon for those buying the movie:

No DVD/Blu-ray combo; only single disc DVD or Blu-ray
    3D/Blu-ray/Blu-ray/HD download combo set

Target was the cheapest, but Walmart has variant character covers for the combo set. Walmart also price matches.

Got my Black Widow variant cover.

M
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Grabbed mine from Target. Apparently there's supposed to be more bonus content. Also grabbed me a copy of Lecrae's "Anomaly" for $8! A good day today is!
  • Options
    Are they still putting movies on physical media?
  • Options
    Fortunately for me I live near one of the last remaining video rental stores and they usually have new blu-rays on sale in a month for $10. No issues yet.
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Yup. Its how I get to see all the extras. Plus, if I stick with the digital copy only, I'm regulated to my iPhone to watch it.

M
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Matt said:

M

This annoys me to no end and I just keep getting more and more pissy about it with each dvd/blu-ray release that I'm looking forward to.

I use both dvd and blu-rays and have absolutely zero use use for the 3D blu-ray and digital download.

Bring back the combo packs!
  • Options
    Greg said:

Matt said:

M

This annoys me to no end and I just keep getting more and more pissy about it with each dvd/blu-ray release that I'm looking forward to.

I use both dvd and blu-rays and have absolutely zero use use for the 3D blu-ray and digital download.

Bring back the combo packs!
    I concur. The only reason I bought the combo was because it included the HD digital copy & it was the exact same cost as the single disc Blu-ray.

Another stinker: no Marvel One Shot.

M
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    Matt said:

3D/Blu-ray/Blu-ray/HD download combo set

Target was the cheapest, but Walmart has variant character covers for the combo set. Walmart also price matches.

Got my Black Widow variant cover.

M

waiting till christmas
  • Options
    Off topic: Yesterday I picked up a dvd pack that contained all 4 Blade movies in it for $3 at a used book store. I wound up wih a mild case of buyers remorse, but I got over it after recognizing that I enjoyed at least two of those films.
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Also off topic: when the economy collapses and the grid is shutdown, like in tv shows along the lines of Revolution, we will be glad to have our movies on "physical media"... LOL

How many years will we have to wait to get the Captain America Trilogy set with all the old extras, plus some new ones?
  • Options

Also off topic: when the economy collapses and the grid is shutdown, like in tv shows along the lines of Revolution, we will be glad to have our movies on "physical media"... LOL

When the economy collapses and the grid is shutdown, watching old movies will be a pretty damned low priority.
  • Options
    edited September 2014

When the grid is down you'll have to use your precious gasoline to power your generator just to turn your TV on...I bet you'll find something better to do with your scarce electricity.

• Options
    You guys are thinking short term... I'm talking long-term.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    Does this mark a further step in the demise of physical media releases?

This was one of the biggest movies of the year and for the DVD release:

I saw no pre release advertising
    The Blu Ray was lacking a new Marvel One shot production
    No DVD/Blu Ray Combo
    There were some special features but no effort to really involve the main stars in anything. Seeing that they were filming Avengers II for several months prior to the release, I would have thought that it would have been eady to grab Chris Evans or Scarlett Johannson for something.

• Options

Does this mark a further step in the demise of physical media releases?

This was one of the biggest movies of the year and for the DVD release:

I saw no pre release advertising
    The Blu Ray was lacking a new Marvel One shot production
    No DVD/Blu Ray Combo
    There were some special features but no effort to really involve the main stars in anything. Seeing that they were filming Avengers II for several months prior to the release, I would have thought that it would have been eady to grab Chris Evans or Scarlett Johannson for something.

I don't think those are spelling the demise. I did notice big movies like this are downloadable about 2 weeks before they're available to buy in physical form.

M