Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Jamie

Comments

• Options
    SandsHotelSandsHotel Posts: 2
    Very sad to hear this news. Jamie was a constant voice on CGS and it always just felt like CGS, no matter who else was on the 'cast, if Jamie was there. I'm glad that, because of the camaraderie and brotherhood, Jamie will continue to always be there.
  • Options
    SteevenSteeven Posts: 215
    I only knew Jamie D as a voice that talked passionately about comics. I also knew that while here, he touched a lot of people and frankly, there's not a lot of folks that can say that.
  • Options
    I love you, buddy.
  • Options
    little_witchlittle_witch Posts: 185
    I'm feel I need to do something, anything to honour Jamie.
    So I'm going to be on Skype for as late as possible (BST) so if anyone wants to talk, IM, share memories, vent, cry to someone whatever you need, I'm here. It's what Jamie did for me on more than one occasion.
    My username is little_witch_uk.
    I would also be up to donating if anyone sets up a charity page.
  • Options
    Royal_LanternRoyal_Lantern Posts: 291
    Very sad to hear this news. I had the pleasure of meeting Jamie a handful of times. He was always great to talk to you about your love of comics even if he had no clue who you were. If you were talking comics or geek stuff in general, then you were speaking his language, and he accepted you.

As mentioned by many people here, I felt like I knew him better than some people I interact with everyday in person because I heard him express so much of himself in the show.

I'm sure this goes without saying for the other podcasters out there, but I encourage anyone that has a show to do some little mention or tribute to Jamie in your show the next time you record. I know we will be. It's the least we can do for him blazing the trail for all of us by being a part of CGS like he did.

He will be missed greatly. When I think of Jamie the phrase "salt of the earth" describes him best. He really was the everyday guy/geek that spoke for many of us. We love you, Jamie, and your memory will live on in all of us.
  • Options
    I never had the pleasure of meeting Jamie D, but I feel like I got to know him over these last 7 years we spent together. So here I am, at work, and I can't stop tearing up. Such a huge influence in my life. I will miss him.
  • Options
    TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    edited May 2014
    Oh my God. How terrible.

My condolences to his family, and of course the rest of the CGS crew.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    I don't know what to say. I'll be praying for the D family (from Papa D down to little Jimmy) and all the Geeks. I'm going to miss Jamie very much.

- Matt W
  • Options
    TrevTrev Posts: 310
    edited May 2014
    Sad to hear about this -- I never met him personally but he and CGS have been a part of my life in one way or another for 9 years. Jamie, your legacy lives on in the friendships you helped build and the people you brought together in fellowship about this thing we all love.

Condolences to everybody dealing with this.
  • Options
    little_witchlittle_witch Posts: 185
    edited May 2014
    Reading though Freking Sweers, found this one
    Thought it poignant.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    edited May 2014
    I'm so sad reading this. But I love the fact that this has impacted so many people. It's shows how much of a positive impact he's had on people in his far too short a life. I think he'd be real happy about that.

Rest in peace Jamie. You'll be missed.

@WetRats‌ I think that's a great idea.
  • Options
    beng5007beng5007 Posts: 41
    I've been listening to Jaime and the Geeks for years. So sorry to the geeks and Jamie's family. Thanks so much for the years of insight and entertainment, Jamie. I will miss you.
  • Options
    I wish I had something insightful to say but I'll just say that I loved the man I heard on that podcast and I am very sad.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    I usually don't post in the threads of this nature. I can't think of anything poignant to say that can encapsulate my feelings. But I feel that I owe it to Jamie D to at least say "Thank You" and "Farewell".
    When I first started listening to CSS many years ago, Jamie was the Geek that I related to best. His words would have pretty much been my words (if I was in the cast). He liked the books and creators that I liked. His Love for John Byrne echoed my own.

What a terrible, terrible loss.
    My heart goes out to Bryan and the rest of the geeks, as well as everyone in the CGS community. I'm sorry that I never got the chance to shake Jamie D's hand.
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    Wow. This is a terrible loss. My heart goes out to his family and friends.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    Despite the hundreds and hundreds of hours I can go back and listen to I still want more. That is the good kind of greedy. RIP Shiznit.

• Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    I had the pleasure of meeting Jamie, Brian, & Adam at a get together before last years Denver Comic Con. It was a great privilege to meet you all, but what impressed me the most was how much Adam and Brian loved Jamie. I don't believe it would take much of a leap of faith to believe that all those who knew Jamie loved him to the same degree & manner.
    It speaks volumes of Jamie's character that he would garner that kind of respect from those around him.

God's peace to all who knew him.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Broken hearted. Condolences to all, family, friends, geeks. Rest well, @Jamie_D.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803

So I'm going to be on Skype for as late as possible (BST) so if anyone wants to talk, IM, share memories, vent, cry to someone whatever you need, I'm here. It's what Jamie did for me on more than one occasion.

That's a great idea, Amy. Wish I could join in (working tonight) but I'll be with you all in spirit.
  • Options
    tankongtankong Posts: 17
    Sadden to hear this news. RIP Jamie D. Wished I had the chance to meet ya, but hearing your voice weekly makes it seem like I knew you. Thanks for all the great years / memories.
  • Options
    KeithSKeithS Posts: 1
    sorry to hear the sad news... RIP Jamie D...

enjoyed his contributions to the podcast.
  • Options
    tankongtankong Posts: 17
    edited May 2014

That's a great idea, Amy. Wish I could join in (working tonight) but I'll be with you all in spirit.
    If there is a donation page please post it up.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    I didn’t get to talk with Jamie as much as some of the other Geeks, but I always enjoyed the times I did. And I didn’t have to know him that well to know that he was all heart. Listening to him on the show, talking with him at cons, seeing him interact with other listeners, it was plain to see that he made friends easily, and that once he was your friend, he would back you to a fault. The world lost a good man today.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    I just listened to the Pants, Matt, Murd and Shane's podcast. I (we) love you guys (Bryan and Peter too).
    It's just been a tough year for the CGS community and like WR said above when you are out and about on Absent Geeks Day give some thoughts and prayers to Jamie D and John Steed's family and friends. If you are at a store getting free comics look at buying an Avengers title (make sure it's from the Liefeld run, it was Jamie D's favorite ;) ) or one of John Steed's favorite books from the past few years Infinite Kung-fu
  • Options
    i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
    edited May 2014
    @little_witch‌ found this gem all the way back from when Episode 100 came out. @misfitcorner‌ drew this one.

• Options
    ElsiebubElsiebub Posts: 338
    edited May 2014
    Very sad to hear this news. My condolences to his family, friends, and the rest of the Geeks.

I never met Jamie personally, but always considered him a great person with a ton of friendliness and goodwill toward fellow geeks of all stripes. Like someone above noted, "it always felt like CGS" as soon as you heard Jamie's voice.

To say that he'll be missed would be... the hugest understatement ever.

I enjoyed his enthusiasm for some comics as well as his vitriol for a few choice topics (events, the $3.99 cover price, etc.) -- and I can't think about his opinions on any of those things without smiling now, bittersweetly.

I'll be pulling out an Omnibus later and reading some Byrne FF in his honor.

R.I.P. Jamie.