Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    SteevenSteeven Posts: 215
    I was digging through my computer yesterday, looking for an audio file, and ran across some audio books I'd bought years ago, but never moved over to the iPod.

Score!
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    edited January 2015
    Steeven said:

I was digging through my computer yesterday, looking for an audio file, and ran across some audio books I'd bought years ago, but never moved over to the iPod.

Score!

Cool. It is like you hid yourself a gift. If any of them turn out to be worth recommending, we also have a discussion on that here.
  • Options
    SteevenSteeven Posts: 215
    David_D said:

Steeven said:

Score!

Cool. It is like you hid yourself a gift. If any of them turn out to be worth recommending, we also have a discussion on that here.
    Thanks @David_D I was looking for that.

• Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Steeven said:

Score!

That's like finding $5 in a pair of pants you haven't wore for a while.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,617
    rebis said:

Steeven said:

Score!

That's like finding $5 in a pair of pants you haven't wore for a while.
    A few years ago I was going though an old cd case that was always in my car, found a $50.00. It was like winning the lotto.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    I'm starting to develop a fondness for the Goldberg's a lot of good 80's goodness
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    DAR said:

I'm starting to develop a fondness for the Goldberg's a lot of good 80's goodness

100% agree. Tonight's episode hits a real sweet spot for me. I remember seeing the Transformers movie on opening day with my best friend.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Goldbergs has taken the top spot for best sitcom on network tv, imho.
  • Options
    Reading about the two guys that free climbed El Captian makes me want to rewatch the Eiger Sanction; I love that movie.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    mwhitt80 said:

Reading about the two guys that free climbed El Captian makes me want to rewatch the Eiger Sanction; I love that movie.

It makes me want to watch the enjoyably bad Star Trek V in which Shatner attempts to scale El Captian.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Spock: Captain?
    Kirk: Yes?
    Spock: Life...is not a dream...
    Kirk: Go to sleep, Spock...
  • Options

mwhitt80 said:

It makes me want to watch the enjoyably bad Star Trek V in which Shatner attempts to scale El Captian.
    Nothing would make me want to watch that.

Not even a Christina Hendricks nude scene.
  • Options
    Look, I know tha Academy gets things wrong aaaaaaalllllll the time, but no Oscar nom for best animated feature for The Lego Movie? A crime has been perpetrated!
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820

mwhitt80 said:

WOE, Woe, woe
    What!

What were we talking about?
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178

mwhitt80 said:

It all depends. A Star Trek V Christina Hendricks solo nude scene is a must see. A Star Trek V Christina Hendricks nude scene with any of the regular cast members (which knowing how Trek works would be Shatner) would...be...very disturbing.
  • Options

*awkward silence ensues*
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200

mwhitt80 said:

Not even if you were offered a lifetime supply of pie?
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Steven Soderbergh has recut Stanley Kubrick's '2001: A Space Odyssey' for the ADHD generation by removing 51 minutes. Actually he never explained why he did it.

Watch it here: http://extension765.com/sdr/23-the-return-of-w-de-rijk

Watching Soderbergh’s 2001, it’s still epic, engrossing and maddening even when it’s 30 minutes shorter than The Avengers. I also appreciate that Soderbergh has evoked de Rijk when offering this up, too, because both men cut into a masterpiece without completely destroying it. 2001 was too much of a slog my first time around, but after opening my mind in college, I came around. This is worth your time.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Anyone here interested in SlingTV? Get an invite here: http://www.sling.com/
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    I don't know much about Black Panther, but after 42 and just watching Get On Up, Chadwick Boseman is a stellar choice
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    So I've bought the CLZ Comic Collecterz app for iOS and really like it. I have been mulling over purchasing the desktop or cloud-based version. Has anyone here had any experience with them/it? Do you use some kind of inventory service for your comic books? I've signed up for the free trial, but they cap my inventory at 100 issues. A long time ago I had created my own Excel spreadsheet and then switched to Comic Collector Live, but haven't used it since they began charging. I want a simple way to catalog my books, as well as being able to identify which issues I have/don't have if ever I find myself perusing a back issue bin. So, thoughts?
  • Options
    WebheadWebhead Posts: 458
    fredzilla said:

So I've bought the CLZ Comic Collecterz app for iOS and really like it. I have been mulling over purchasing the desktop or cloud-based version. Has anyone here had any experience with them/it? Do you use some kind of inventory service for your comic books? I've signed up for the free trial, but they cap my inventory at 100 issues. A long time ago I had created my own Excel spreadsheet and then switched to Comic Collector Live, but haven't used it since they began charging. I want a simple way to catalog my books, as well as being able to identify which issues I have/don't have if ever I find myself perusing a back issue bin. So, thoughts?

I've been using all three and been very happy with them. I purchased the premium version of the desktop program so they threw in the cloud-based version. I've been cataloging my collection (about 60 unsorted long boxes) for a few months and I've had no problems using the software to search and enter my comics and trades. I find it is simple to use and it does want I want to do including adding my own fields. I mostly use the app to check my collection when I am searching back issue bins to make sure I do or do not need a certain issue. I use the cloud mostly to have a back up of my collection and to allow others to view my collection.

My only problem is with comic collectorz web site and forums, I find it a little hard to navigate and to find information.
  • Options
    I get email updates from Loot Crate and everytime I get one with the mega crate I think man there is a lot of cool stuff I would like. Then I rememer I don't want any of the stuff in the regular crate, so I never sign up.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    @mwhitt80: Loot Crate seems more a service for Dabblers in Geekery, rather than dedicated Lifers like ourselves.
  • Options
    Truth. The megacrates are almost great though.
  • Options
    So, I see the NFL has found that 11 of the 12 balls used by the Patriots in the AFC Championship Game had been deflated by 2 lbs each. How long til the Pats invoke the Costanza defense?

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    I have recently realized that the cancellation of Legion of Superheroes finally killed my collector mentality.

At this point, the only thing keeping me getting monthlies is a desire to support my FLCS.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

I have recently realized that the cancellation of Legion of Superheroes finally killed my collector mentality.

At this point, the only thing keeping me getting monthlies is a desire to support my FLCS.

After my long time on underpaid overnights, I switched completely over to trades and Marvel Unlimited. Marvel Unlimited is awesome. Why yes, I'd LOVE to read Astonishing from 1954, thank you!