Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: DC's Legends of Tomorrow (Now With Current Episode Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

WetRats said:

kgforce said:

From Entertainment Weekly:

Hawkgirl—whose real name is Kendra Saunders—is known for being one of DC Comics’ first female superheroes, and comics fans will recognize her from the Justice League animated series. In the show, Saunders will be starting to learn that she’s been reincarnated over and over again—and that wings sprout out of her back when she’s provoked.
    Ummmm... what? Wings sprouting...?
    Why not?

It helps differentiate her from Falcon.
    But not Angel!!!

M
    Angel's a footnote.

Until next year's X-Men: Apocalypse.

M
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Matt said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

WetRats said:

kgforce said:

Hawkgirl—whose real name is Kendra Saunders—is known for being one of DC Comics’ first female superheroes, and comics fans will recognize her from the Justice League animated series. In the show, Saunders will be starting to learn that she’s been reincarnated over and over again—and that wings sprout out of her back when she’s provoked.
    Why not?

But not Angel!!!

M
    Angel's a footnote.

M

Are they still making X-Men movies?
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

WetRats said:

Matt said:

WetRats said:

kgforce said:

Why not?

But not Angel!!!

M
    Angel's a footnote.

M
    Are they still making X-Men movies?

The Wolverine & Days of Future Past are the pinnacles of the franchise. You gotta watch them.

If I remove Raimi's Spider-man as my favorite comic book movie due to nostalgia, The Wolverine is my favorite.

M
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    The Wolverine and Days were both really quite good. I also dug First Class.

This show sounds really promising.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    kgforce said:

Umm ... OK?

If they're going that route, why not do something like have the characters arms morph into wings or the character could morph into a kind of Werehawk.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    WetRats said:

I hadn't even considered Hawkgirl because of the wings.

I'll be really curious to see how they avoid making them look goofy.

Uhm, like they did in Flash Gordon!
  • Options
    hauberk said:

WetRats said:

Yep.

Or this:
  • Options
    WetRats said:

hauberk said:

WetRats said:

Yep.

Or this:
    IMO, DeLaurentis and Brian Blessed did it better 25-30 years earlier. That said, I'd have no issues with them going Thanagarian Wingman wings.
  • Options
    RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    The Smallville Hawkman wings were so fake on the screen. I'm all for another approach.
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    According to this, the title will be announced soon
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/cw-reveals-working-title-for-arrowflash-spinoff-series

And Executive Producer Andrew Kreisberg says all the online rumors are wrong.

So that dashes anyone's hope of "The Brave and The Bold" (which sounds like a soap opera anyway).

• Options
    edited May 2015
    It's Official: LEGENDS OF TOMORROW gets a series pickup from The CW.

"When heroes alone are not enough ... the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat — one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known?"

• Options
    It's Official: LEGENDS OF TOMORROW gets a series pickup from The CW.

"When heroes alone are not enough ... the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat — one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known?"
  • Options
    Perhaps the Time Trapper is the evil menace behind it all?

And just which Time Trapper will it be?!?!

Duh.. duh... DUH!
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    I'm looking forward to the show, but I think the title's a bit awkward. "Legends" is shorter and better, in my opinion, and more likely what folks will wind up referring to it as.

At this point, that's the only criticism I have, and the only one I'm willing to throw at the show. Given how brilliantly they've handled both Arrow and Flash, I'll take anything they tell me at face value right now; if they offered us The Inferior 5ive, I'll be willing to accept that it would be a brilliant adaptation! I'll watch it, you bet.

Anyone want to bet this is going to be the DCTV-verse version of Crisis?
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    "DC's Legends of Tomorrow". Worst title ever. Such a mouthful and it sounds like a singing talent competition set in the DCTU. I'll probably stick with just Flash, but that's probably because my tv dance card is already pretty full and I haven't seen anything from the Arrow side of things that's really grabbed me. But I hope it's good!
  • Options

Anyone want to bet this is going to be the DCTV-verse version of Crisis?

They've been promising us a build-up to Crisis ever since the last scene of the Flash pilot.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    The presence of Rip Hunter justifies the title.

I'm sure we'll all (OK, not @Matt ;) ) just call it "Legends", but I cannot imagine avoiding this show just because it's too much work to say the name of the show.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    Actually, if the theme of the show involves a menace to the time continuum and features Rip Hunter as one of the main players, a better title would have been Time Masters.
  • Options

Actually, if the theme of the show involves a menace to the time continuum and features Rip Hunter as one of the main players, a better title would have been Time Masters.

No, because he's the only time master.

The others are tomorrow's legends.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

I'm sure we'll all (OK, not @Matt ;) ) just call it "Legends", but I cannot imagine avoiding this show just because it's too much work to say the name of the show.

Actually, I won't call the show I'm not going to watch anything. I only even came into this thread because of the mention.

M
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
  • Options
    Matt said:

WetRats said:

Actually, I won't call the show I'm not going to watch anything. I only even came into this thread because of the mention.

M
    But if you did, I'd lay down money that you'd call it Tomorrow in order to maintain some consistency with your other naming conventions. ;)
  • Options
    hauberk said:

Matt said:

WetRats said:

M
    But if you did, I'd lay down money that you'd call it Tomorrow in order to maintain some consistency with your other naming conventions. ;)
    No, @WetRats is correct; I'd use the full name. Perhaps 'LoT' for an appreciation. 'Tomorrow' isn't part of a name, it's a title. Wouldn't make sense.

M
  • Options
    TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
  • Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733

I'm looking forward to the show, but I think the title's a bit awkward. "Legends" is shorter and better, in my opinion, and more likely what folks will wind up referring to it as.

I think they actually wanted to call it "Legends". A few weeks ago John Wesley Shipp briefly talked about the show on a Youtube video and he called it "Legends". Unfortunately, the title is already taken, as TNT (a WB network) launched a show last year called "Legends" starring Sean Bean.
  • Options
    tazmaniak said:

I think they actually wanted to call it "Legends". A few weeks ago John Wesley Shipp briefly talked about the show on a Youtube video and he called it "Legends". Unfortunately, the title is already taken, as TNT (a WB network) launched a show last year called "Legends" starring Sean Bean.
    The Sean Bean Legends series was pretty freaking cool. The comedic short they did where Bean speculated on all of the horrid ways that they were going to kill him was even better.