Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Suicide Squad - The Movie *Now with spoilers*

Comments

• Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    Loved the preview. Wasn't into it at all before that. Now I'm pretty psyched
  • Options
    TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    Had very little interest in this movie up until now. The trailer has me intrigued a little bit.
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    The trailer I didn't love it or hate it kind of indifferent about it. But cool there mentioning Superman and they show Batman so making it clear that there connected.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    This is gonna be either awesome or awful. Im intrigued but not sold.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I didn't hate or love the trailer but I'll say that I am intrigued by it. This could be pretty interesting.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Meh... it has my curiosity, not my attention. Let me know when it hits Netflix. Though I should submit that I've never been a fan of Suicide Squad, probably because I never read it. Not sure what anyone who isn't a comic fan will think about this trailer.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    So if I am somebody who wants to get up on more of the backstory of the Suicide Squad I should read the John Ostrander first few issues? I understand the basic concept but never read a comic. I am sure Comixology will do something down the road.
  • Options
    I think the thing with the Suicide Squad is I could buy this as a tv show but I just think it's gonna be very hard to pull off as a movie but will see.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511

Meh... it has my curiosity, not my attention. Let me know when it hits Netflix. Though I should submit that I've never been a fan of Suicide Squad, probably because I never read it. Not sure what anyone who isn't a comic fan will think about this trailer.

I think that they'll see it as a superhero/villain analog to the Expendables, or for those members of the Olde Fart Club, the Dirty Dozen.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

If the movie is going to be really "dark", I wonder if the company is limiting its potiential audience. It could be one of those situations where the film still makes a bunch of money but it does not meet "expectations" and causes the studio to rethink everything.

I've seen some people are really hoping this will be rated R. I think they'll drastically reduce their audience (more so then can be argued now with MoS & from the BvSDoJ trailers) by making it "more adult."

M
  • Options
    It won't be rated R. Bet on that.
  • Options
    Planeis said:

I don't think so either. I've seen the fact Deadpool is as a reason for the opinion it will be R.

The difference, however, Deadpool can be a standalone. Suicide Squad is part of the DCCU building right now.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

Planeis said:

I don't think so either. I've seen the fact Deadpool is as a reason for the opinion it will be R.

The difference, however, Deadpool can be a standalone. Suicide Squad is part of the DCCU building right now.

M
    Also the budget. Deadpools is reportedly $50 million. The economics of an R rated movie are much kinder when you're spending that much as opposed to $150+ million.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I can't see Suicide Squad being a R rated movie. To paraphrase a wrestling quote, it wouldn't be best for business.
  • Options
    I think the Joker maybe just a character you see in a flashback? Because at the end he is clearly "operating" on Harley. And I bet that will be there way of trying to humanize her because before that she will probably have been just some regular Woman but because of the torture she snapped.

Which I don't like them humanizing these characters I understand why because there trying to make you feel attached but at the end of the day I want them to be a Villain team not people you feel sorry for.
  • Options
    shroud68shroud68 Posts: 457
    Still looking forward to this film. Really enjoyed the trailer. I liked the Dirty Dozen vibe, do not mind the gritty vibe. I thought the "costumes" worked for the most part. As much as I enjoy the whole super hero movie sometimes the costumes take me out of the film. This type of film runs that risk but I was pleasantly surprised. Just the brief character nods looked right, Robbie, Smith, Davis seemed to nail it. I liked Ayer's other work as I have said many times so I am happy at the results I have seen.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Mihawk said:

I think the Joker maybe just a character you see in a flashback? Because at the end he is clearly "operating" on Harley. And I bet that will be there way of trying to humanize her because before that she will probably have been just some regular Woman but because of the torture she snapped.

Which I don't like them humanizing these characters I understand why because there trying to make you feel attached but at the end of the day I want them to be a Villain team not people you feel sorry for.

They can still be villains, even if there's something human or sypathetic about them... as long as the film doesn't excuse their behavior.

(See Deadshot in the comics, and in Arrow)
  • Options
    Can anyone tell me the name of a Jai Courtney movie that was actually good?
  • Options
    Planeis said:

Matt said:

Planeis said:

M
    Also the budget. Deadpools is reportedly $50 million. The economics of an R rated movie are much kinder when you're spending that much as opposed to $150+ million.
    Deadpool has a lot of f-bombs in it and lots of blood, so it's guaranteed to be hard-R rated.

• Options

Planeis said:

Matt said:

Planeis said:

M
    Deadpool has a lot of f-bombs in it and lots of blood, so it's guaranteed to be hard-R rated.

The trailer at Comic Con had several f-bombs in it.

M
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128

Can anyone tell me the name of a Jai Courtney movie that was actually good?

Jack Reacher was decent
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Has anyone heard this crazy theory about the Joker?

dorkly.com/post/75333/this-fan-theory-about-jared-letos-joker-is-kind-of-brilliant

I think this could be kinda awesome and it would dispel I think a lot of the problems people have with this Joker because it isn't the real Joker.
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    i dont think feminists will like this movie

they already have issues with Hope Van Dyne not doing anything in Ant-Man

They will probably hate stripper Harley Quinn
  • Options
    RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    Stripper? What the heck makes her a stripper? That's a weird comment.
  • Options
    this seems stripperish to me.. but maybe i'm just old fashioned

• Options
    That seems more like Hannibal Lecter to me. But I believe there is a clip of her, if not stripping, than dancing provocatively.

But that shouldn't bother feminists. If she wants to kill people and take her clothes off that's her decision.
  • Options
    I think people's skin needs to thicken up everyone is so touchy about everything now days.
  • Options
    bamfbamf said:

i dont think feminists will like this movie

they already have issues with Hope Van Dyne not doing anything in Ant-Man

They will probably hate stripper Harley Quinn

Isn't its Scott's story & not Hope's? Didn't Hope come off as more an equal then a damsel in distress? Didn't Feige already state Hope is going to be more prominent in the future?

M
  • Options
    just passing along what i see in tweets

i would say... 85% were positive reactions to ant-man
    10% were feminists complaining about Hope and Janet Van Dyne
    5% were people who has not seen the movie saying it looks stupid