Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Movie News: Captain America: Civil War-- NON-SPOILER THREAD

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Hex said:

Civil War has so many great moments... definitely "something for everyone".

I have to ask... have you seen Batman V Superman? And if so, how does this compare?
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944

Hex said:

Civil War has so many great moments... definitely "something for everyone".

I have to ask... have you seen Batman V Superman? And if so, how does this compare?
    Nope... I have zero interest in paying to see Batman V Superman in the theatre. I'll watch it at home later on. However, I am excited to watch Suicide Squad in the theatre (although, I'm not expecting it to be nearly as good as Marvel's movies)

• Options
    Latest spot - now with even more Spidey!

https://youtu.be/xhHvx5PMJpE
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Now I'm getting concerned my expectations are too high!

M
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    edited April 2016
    Is it me or does Spidey's voice remind anyone of Michelangelo?
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

Is it me or when does Spidey's voice remind anyone of Michelangelo?

Nailed it... Spidey's voice was my only major complaint about the film.
  • Options
    Got my tickets for opening night!
  • Options
    Hex said:

jaydee74 said:

Is it me or when does Spidey's voice remind anyone of Michelangelo?

Nailed it... Spidey's voice was my only major complaint about the film.
    I don't have a complaint about it per say but when he talks, even the line sounds like something that Mikey would say.
  • Options
    deadpooldeadpool Posts: 56
    just got out of my 2nd screening. loved it ! next to no issues and thoses that i do have are minor nitpicks. one of marvels best
  • Options
    I just found out what the post-credit scene is. Now I'm even more jazzed for this movie.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

I just found out what the post-credit scene is. Now I'm even more jazzed for this movie.

M

There was no post credit scene at the Premier. One more reason to go see it again!
  • Options
    deadpooldeadpool Posts: 56
    Hex said:

Matt said:

M

There was no post credit scene at the Premier. One more reason to go see it again!
    Weird, I got to see it early for IMAX tech reasons and I get the whole feature and never cut the end scene and only once had an NDA. I know they don't want it spoilt but that's risk for the whole movie after premieres / screenings... whole film is worth a second viewing, seeing it for third time on sunday
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    deadpool said:

... whole film is worth a second viewing, seeing it for third time on sunday

My girls have been grilling me non-stop for details (particularly regarding Ant-Man). It has been tough to withhold info (no spoilers in my house, I haven't even shown them trailers). Looking forward to watching it with them and seeing it unfold through their eyes. My youngest (7) will NOT be happy that heroes are fighting other heroes (sorry, spoilers). There WILL be tears.
    The family will most likely watch Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron as refreshers this weekend and then try to hit the theatre for Civil War within the first 10 days of Opening.
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    Man I'm like on the verge of spoiling myself but I keep fighting it off. The 6th can't get here fast enough.
  • Options
    Looks like even Spidey is a big fan

https://youtu.be/witXIBdhQ5E

M
  • Options
  • Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868
    Thinking about it over the last couple of days, I don't think this is quite up there with Winter Soldier. The initial clash of ideologies between Stark and Rogers doesn't quite hold up either metaphorically or internally. Still, it is better reasoning than Mark Millar's. It's probably my third or fourth favourite Marvel movie this point rather than the first or second that I'd initially put it as.
  • Options
    Looks like Captain America: Civil War brought in $200,200,000 in foreign receipts this weekend which is a top 15, all-time international opening. Still 20% lower than BatmanvSuperman's foreign BO opening weekend though.

• Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited May 2016

Still 20% lower than BatmanvSuperman's foreign BO opening weekend though.

Yeah, there is a lot of power in any title with Superman and Batman in it. If they had been more honest and titled it "Brutal Old Man vs. Sad Gloomy God" it might not have done as well.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030

Looks like Captain America: Civil War brought in $200,200,000 in foreign receipts this weekend which is a top 15, all-time international opening. Still 20% lower than BatmanvSuperman's foreign BO opening weekend though.

But I think that BvS opened in all their international markets in one weekend. Marvel rolls out their movies over a series of weeks.
  • Options

But I think that BvS opened in all their international markets in one weekend. Marvel rolls out their movies over a series of weeks.
    Yes, I think you're right
  • Options

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Breaks BATMAN v SUPERMAN's Advance Ticket Sale Record

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/captain_america/captain_america_civil_war/box-office-captain-america-civil-war-a141235

What's the flame war going to be like if Civil War gets positive reviews, word of mouth, openings, & bigger box office?

How many "Disney clearly paid off everyone" posts will we read THIS time?!

M
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    I reject the idea that you can't enjoy both of them. That one movie franchise has to "win".

I mean, we did this crap with comics but it was always more in the spirit of play. Marvel always making fun of its "Distinguished Competition" and the like. DC having Ambush Bug threatened to get back to work "Before the kids start going back to reading Marvels". You identified as a fan of one or the other, but you still bought both, pretty much.

Now it's WAR! The success of one movie means the death of the one that came before it. Ummm...no. Sorry. Not gonna play no more. I enjoyed BvS. I'm quite sure I'll enjoy Civil War. Really looking forward to Suicide Squad and Guardians 2.

Your sandbox. Your rules....but I don't have to play. :)
  • Options
    While I certainly don't reject the notion that someone can enjoy both, I hope I can at least enjoy one of them.
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

I reject the idea that you can't enjoy both of them. That one movie franchise has to "win".

I mean, we did this crap with comics but it was always more in the spirit of play. Marvel always making fun of its "Distinguished Competition" and the like. DC having Ambush Bug threatened to get back to work "Before the kids start going back to reading Marvels". You identified as a fan of one or the other, but you still bought both, pretty much.

Now it's WAR! The success of one movie means the death of the one that came before it. Ummm...no. Sorry. Not gonna play no more. I enjoyed BvS. I'm quite sure I'll enjoy Civil War. Really looking forward to Suicide Squad and Guardians 2.

Your sandbox. Your rules....but I don't have to play. :)

I agree, it's stupid to only like one. Completely understandable if someone prefers one to the other, but openly despising one is nonsense.

I'm really digging what the MCU is doing. I still have reservations about the DCEU, but I don't want one to flop & the other to succeed. Iron sharpens iron. Both benefit from both being successful.

M
  • Options
    I like Marvel. I like DC. I love both companies' characters but I prefer what I'm seeing from the Marvel movies. Don't get me wrong though because I am loving the DC shows but I'm just not completely digging the movies.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    jaydee74 said:

I like Marvel. I like DC. I love both companies' characters but I prefer what I'm seeing from the Marvel movies. Don't get me wrong though because I am loving the DC shows but I'm just not completely digging the movies.

And I think most of us on here are in that basic area. I'm just noticing an ugly ugly trend of movies being judged based on whether they "beat" the previous movie. It's getting old...fast.