Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

What's The Best Comic You Never Hear Anyone Talking About?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    FlintlockjawFlintlockjaw Posts: 247
    Nemesis the warlock. Alien fighting the Spanish inquisition in the future with some of the most whacked out stories and challenging art you will ever see! Great stuff!!!
    Totally agree with this,o'Neil and Talbot
    are brilliant .

Don't forget superb art by Redondo (on Book Two) and the crazy insane art by Hicklenton and Henry Flint. Amazing series. It ended really well...and I love what Mills did with Nemesis through the course of the series...He's not the good guy everyone thinks he his... The real hero of the series is Purity Brown.
  • Options
    FlintlockjawFlintlockjaw Posts: 247
    Doh! forgot i mentioned that above. Alzheimers is a bitch!
  • Options
    GadaboutGadabout Posts: 16
    I don't read anything thats super obscure, but it seems like American Vampire should have a lot more buzz that it usually does.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    I don't read anything thats super obscure, but it seems like American Vampire should have a lot more buzz that it usually does.
    Don't feel bad. I've never heard of a lot of the things referenced on this thread either!
  • Options
    AlexandraTheGreatAlexandraTheGreat Posts: 19
    edited July 2013
    Nemesis. Halo jones. Marshal Law. Superb.
    Asterix. Hilarious. Even better as an adult.
    Lucky Luke. Poor, tedious.
    Orson Scott Card : yep, issues, but Enders Game stands and stands....
    Brats Bizarre. Accident Man. My personal icons. When Pat Mills gets his dark side out on full throttle. Awesome art by Duke Mighten and Martin Emond respectively - and the art does make a difference. Nemesis wouldn't have been half the strip it was without Kev ONiells twisted genius (give me some of whatever he is on)

And on the subject of Accident Man:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/80494716/accident-man-the-movie

An independent filmon Kickstarter. Yes, I am totally pushing it! If ONLY someone would do Brats Bizarre properly, and I dream of Halo Jones....though god knows what Holywood would do to her.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    Mice Templar, by Michael Avon Oeming, Viktor Santos and Bryan Glass, from Image. One of the very few Image titles I get, it's an intriguing twisting of anthropomorphics and mythology -- a 'furry' fantasy with some very hard edges and some very energetic art. Oeming's designs keep this away from any soft, pretty animation-stylized cartoons, and the characters on paper look sharp enough to cut your fingers on, while frightening images float, fly and hurtle across the pages . The story, which is already epic enough to carry on to its fourth volume, is a dark one with gods, omens, oracles, a tarnished legend, all kinds of jealousies and intrigues, ancient enemies, and a young hero trying to live up to the expectations of an obsessed mentor while attempting to track down his kidnapped family.
  • Options
    CageNarleighCageNarleigh Posts: 729
    Breath of Bones:

I've said it in other places on this forum and I'll say it here. I LOVE this 3 issue mini series.

And kind of a shot or randomness?

Nexus:

Yeah I know it's "old" comics, but, since the omnibi from Dark Horse have been coming out and they're like $25 a pop...I'm surprised there aren't more new Nexus fans talking about how much they love the old series.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    New stuff:

Greg Rucka's Lazarus wins on first issue alone.

Valiant books only seem to be getting love from the OTV guys and Jamie D.

Older stuff:

Queen and Country

Marshal Law

Anything by Dan Brereton.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615

Breath of Bones:
    Nexus:

Yeah I know it's "old" comics, but, since the omnibi from Dark Horse have been coming out and they're like $25 a pop...I'm surprised there aren't more new Nexus fans talking about how much they love the old series.

Because of theDarkhorse Omnibus I've gotten a chance to read Nexus for the first time and love it. I've also really enjoyed getting a chance to read the bane of Rios Grendel. I've really enjoyed both series. Now if I could get a Mage Omnibus because I really want to read that series too.

While we are on the topic of older comics I love The Maxx. I also would like to make my DC plea: Dear DC please release an Absolute Maxx.

• Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited July 2013

Nexus:

I bought the first omnibus and have been slowly making my way through it. It's OK..I guess..but I keep putting it down to read other things. I'm only half way through the volume so it may get better latter on..I hope so.
    mwhitt80 said:

While we are on the topic of older comics I love The Maxx. I also would like to make my DC plea: Dear DC please release an Absolute Maxx.

IDW will be doing an artist's edition of The Maxx.
  • Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    hauberk said:

New stuff:

Greg Rucka's Lazarus wins on first issue alone.

Seconded.

Fatale is a great one and done/ short arc stories that is a constant 4 out of 5 dang good! or 5 out of 5 awesomeness! It is Criminal + horror/suspense elements that makes appointment reading in the same breath as Saga, Daredevil & Batman. Other books are just on the lower rungs of must read status.

Matthew

• Options
    Definitely Nemesis the Warlock! Also, Finn and Shadowslayer. Great artwork and nice satirical snarkiness in the writing.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Richard Corben's Fall of the House of Usher is a beautiful thing.