Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

NFL 2012 Season Thread

1235»

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    rebis said:

I don't know if Tom's a deadbeat dad. But, when you've got two models knocked up at the same time, things get said.

I can only go by his impression during his weekly interview on Boston Sports Talk radio and Wikipedia entry to say he seems far from a dead beat dad (especially with the list of athletes who are)

Brady & his girlfriend, Bridget Moynahan broke up in December 2006 & began dating Gisele (a step down if you ask me).

Three months later, Moynahan stated she was pregnant with Tom's baby. He was present during his 1st son's birth in August 2007.

In February 2009, Brady married Gisele. They had their 1st child in December 2009.

Tom seems too..."PC" to become a deadbeat dad.

M
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Matt said:

Torchsong said:

The Pats are skating dangerously close to becoming the Buffalo Bills of the late 80s. Always making the dance, but then blowing it. What's saving them is that they did win a few along the way.

Wasn't that actually in the early 90s? Am I wrong for thinking they lost 4yrs in a row to 'Skins, Cowboys (twice), & Giants?

M
    Late 80s, Early 90s - it's all a blur. I was in college then, doing my thesis on how much scotch it took to completely inebriate an overweight human. :)

You are correct though...they'd keep showing up and losing. Got really annoying after a bit.
  • Options
    shroud68shroud68 Posts: 457
    Torchsong said:

The Pats are skating dangerously close to becoming the Buffalo Bills of the late 80s. Always making the dance, but then blowing it. What's sayving them is that they did win a few along the way.

That's a ridiculous comparison. The Bills lost 4 Super Bowls in a row. The Patriots won 3 over a span of
    seasons and then lost 2 in very competitive manner. The Bills are a footnote, a statistical anomaly. The Patriots are a dynasty. The Bills were a great team, the patriots were all-time greats. We should stop using personal distaste for the
    personal lives of the players and coaches and just enjoy the game.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    When teams have years and years of success, a certain number of people are going to hate said teams just for that reason. It may or may not be fair but well within the rights of sports fans. If the team comes off as arrogant (intentional or not) that doesn't help and the Patriots aren't doing anything to make themselves likeable.

At the time it happened, I was convinced that first Superbowl the Bills were in against the Giants was fixed. I was really hoping to see a Bills vs Lions Superbowl that year the Lions went 12-4; Thurman Thomas and Barry Sanders would have been a hell of a show.
  • Options
    I'd say the comment I get most annoyed with as a Pats fan is about SpyGate. I'm not going to deny it happened nor deny it had some type of benefits (despite what Belichick stated), but that came out within the first few games of 2007. Although they have not won a Super Bowl since, they have still been very successful since then.

It's kind of like the "shock" of BountyGate. The truth is both methods are more common then people (want to) believe with NFL teams. The face of each unethical method becomes the team who gets caught doing it. Both the Patriots and Saints were warned to stop before it was made public. It became public after both teams defied Goddell's instructions to stop (he HATES defiance.)

If you want to crap on the Patriots because you hate their success, Brady being a "Golden Boy" of the NFL, Belichick's Batman-like demeanor, or his ability to bend and not break the rules, I cannot argue with it. In fact, I'm sure I do the same for other teams in other sports (f you, Sidney Cuntsby!). I just think the whole SpyGate thing is a cliche bust on the team that lacks any real basis at this point.

M
  • Options

Apparently Colin Kaepernick's signature move has achieved verb status. Personally, I find kissing his biceps a bit cocky and I'm a lifelong Niner fan. But I gotta admit, when this kid reenacts his move, it's downright adorable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5PsGReKLho

It's actually because of Kaepernick's cocky behavior (specifically the bicep bit) that prevents me from rooting for the Niners in the Super Bowl. It seems to be a choice between rooting for a team led by a cocky QB or a team led by a crybaby retiree.

Fortunately, I can watch the commercials later online.

M.
  • Options
    Matt said:

I'd say the comment I get most annoyed with as a Pats fan is about SpyGate. I'm not going to deny it happened nor deny it had some type of benefits (despite what Belichick stated), but that came out within the first few games of 2007. Although they have not won a Super Bowl since, they have still been very successful since then.

It's kind of like the "shock" of BountyGate. The truth is both methods are more common then people (want to) believe with NFL teams. The face of each unethical method becomes the team who gets caught doing it. Both the Patriots and Saints were warned to stop before it was made public. It became public after both teams defied Goddell's instructions to stop (he HATES defiance.)

If you want to crap on the Patriots because you hate their success, Brady being a "Golden Boy" of the NFL, Belichick's Batman-like demeanor, or his ability to bend and not break the rules, I cannot argue with it. In fact, I'm sure I do the same for other teams in other sports (f you, Sidney Cuntsby!). I just think the whole SpyGate thing is a cliche bust on the team that lacks any real basis at this point.

M

I'm with you on the idea that things like Spygate and Bountygate were not unique to the Pats or Saints, respectively. Ultimately, I think any sport enjoys having the team "you love to hate" and right now that's the Pats. They're the Yankees of the football world. It's almost expected that they're going to win, what with their talent pool...which is why it's more fun to watch them lose....unless you're a Pats fan. :)
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Matt said:

rebis said:

I don't know if Tom's a deadbeat dad. But, when you've got two models knocked up at the same time, things get said.

Brady & his girlfriend, Bridget Moynahan broke up in December 2006 & began dating Gisele (a step down if you ask me).

AGREED!

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Last night's game was insane.

And that blackout was a real momentum-changer.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Ha! Thanks, Torchsong.
  • Options
    can we just agree the worst part of the SuperBowl has become the Halftime shows?!!

Not impressed.... :-q
  • Options
    Beyonce was all right, but I was never really a big fan of hers. To me Prince pretty much set the bar that others need to shoot for.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820

can we just agree the worst part of the SuperBowl has become the Halftime shows?!!

Not impressed.... :-q

I agree. However, that's got to be a tough show to pull off. They could resurrect Mozart and not be able to live up to the hype. I would prefer they go old school and use a college marching band ala drumline.

or bring back Up With People. ;)
  • Options
    I... barely pay attention to the half-time shows anymore.