Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Netflix/Streaming/TV--- Whatcha watching?

Comments

• Jason Of Star Command, Grave Encounters (finally found a "found footage" genre film I like), Dr. Terror's House Of Horrors (introduced me to both the horror anthology film and 1960s jazz music), and Macbeth (starring Patrick Stewart).
  • dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Gonna try to finish up Life on Mars Season 1 tonight. I have had the last 3 dvds of it at my house for almost 2 weeks now.
    UK or USA version?

UK version,I tried watching the USA version and it didn't appeal to me at all. But so far the UK version is really good.
    The US version was terrible, though I liked the main actor. BUT... the finale of the US series was RADICALLY different from the UK ending, and deserves some kudos just for the pure flat out ballsiness of the concept.
    Yeah I have read what the ending to the USA version was and it is strange. So far I have kept from being spoiled about the UK versions ending .
  • the UK version doesn't conclusively end... but rolls right into 3 seasons of Ashes to Ashes, the 80's version (with most of the same characters). Still, it stands alone just fine, and has, in my opinion, a completely appropriate ending.
  • JGalaJGala Posts: 19
    welp, Imma huge movie buff and I can get really critical when it comes to watching anything. Lately, I've been given up on American cinema and took my interests to Korean film, stuff from Chan-wook Park (or anything that has a similiar style, and let me tell you - those Korean's know what they're doing). I used to be a avid watcher of indie romantics, but it feels like they're just trying too hard these days.

I try to watch everything I can get my hands on concerning Woody Allen and no one can convince me otherwise that Federico Fellini is not the best director / best eye for the obsecure in cinema history PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!

(The lovely part is most of the greats of which I mentioned can naturally be found on INSTANT QUEUE).
    edited May 2012
    the UK version doesn't conclusively end... but rolls right into 3 seasons of Ashes to Ashes, the 80's version (with most of the same characters). Still, it stands alone just fine, and has, in my opinion, a completely appropriate ending.
    Yeah got all three seasons of "Ashes to Ashes" on my netflix queue. Should have all it watched by october at the latest.
  • LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    I really need to give Life on Mars a shot one of these days. John Simm was all kinds of awesome on Doctor Who.
    I really need to give Life on Mars a shot one of these days. John Simm was all kinds of awesome on Doctor Who.
    I have been wanting to watch it for years. But always somehow missed it's airings on BBCA.
  • DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    The other day I watched Green Lantern. I'm kind of warming up to it.
    Right now I'm watching The Outlaw Josey Wales. One of my favorite films.
  • QuinQuestionQuinQuestion Posts: 130
    Just finished Ghost in the Shell 2nd Gig and now watching Ghost in the Shell Solid State Society.
    Watched Grandma's Boy today. Way better than i figured it would be.
  • chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    Tried watching some of the classic Dark Shadows episodes the other night. I know it has its fans, and I like the idea of the show, but I just don't think daily soap operas were meant to be watched beyond their original air date. I'm sure this was fine when viewed like any other soap opera, but actively watching episode after episode of characters standing around and talking to kill twenty minutes, with maybe one or two interesting things actually happening each week, seems like it would be pretty tedious.

I might watch a few more, but with over 1200 episodes, I doubt this is going to become a regular thing. And for some reason Netflix only streams 160 of them, which seems odd to me.

And, yes, I saw the movie last weekend, and it was terrible.
  • Amalgam_ManAmalgam_Man Posts: 53
    90's Spider-Man
    90' X-Men
    Cheers
    Enterprise
    Robotech
    Alfred Hitchcock Presents
    I've been watching a lot of Phineas and Ferb lately. Love it. And I also watched Phineas and Ferb Across the 2nd Dimension. Equally as good.
    Tried watching some of the classic Dark Shadows episodes the other night. I know it has its fans, and I like the idea of the show, but I just don't think daily soap operas were meant to be watched beyond their original air date. I'm sure this was fine when viewed like any other soap opera, but actively watching episode after episode of characters standing around and talking to kill twenty minutes, with maybe one or two interesting things actually happening each week, seems like it would be pretty tedious.

I might watch a few more, but with over 1200 episodes, I doubt this is going to become a regular thing. And for some reason Netflix only streams 160 of them, which seems odd to me.

And, yes, I saw the movie last weekend, and it was terrible.
    I was drug to the Dark Shadows film by my girlfriend. And it was just horrible. Tim Burton hasnt made a film I like since Ed Wood.

• DmanDman Posts: 163
    I’ve been watching the first season of The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes cartoon series on Netflix streaming and I haven’t enjoyed an animated series this much since my beloved Justice League/Justice League Unlimited.
    Right now Cool Hand Luke is on. This film needs to be required viewing.
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited May 2012
    Arrested Development..man I missed this show.
    Caught the Dirty Dozen today, again a great film.
  • QuinQuestionQuinQuestion Posts: 130
    Doctor Who right now. My sisters are watching it for the first time.
  • RadiclusRadiclus Posts: 11
    My wife and I watch Bob's Burgers when we eat. It's pretty good.
    Hatfields and McCoys. Decent but nothing too special. And it was a little unrealistic one of the sons of Kevin Costner in the movie had a six pack.
    The other night watched Bonnie and Clyde. Another classic. Faye Dunaway was so hot in that film.

This morning, Despicable Me. Very entertaining
  • EarthGBillyEarthGBilly Posts: 362
    After a year and a half away from Netflix, I finally gave in and signed back up. There were some issues with Red Box (identity theft of two of my relatives) that pushed me to bite the bullet.

I did opt out of the streaming, though. My internet isn't really good enough to handle it, and the selection is nothing I'm impressed with.

So, I'm getting my DVD's through the mail again, and reviving my quest to see everything Doctor Who, from the beginning, that is available.

I'm happy. I'll probably do blog entries on each installment.
    Mother's Day

This is the 2009 remake with Rebecca Demorney. It isn't really much of a remake of the early 80's Troma classic. Three brothers and another guy rob a bank. They are double crossed by the other guy and one of the brothers gets shot. They make their way to their mother's home to get her and head over the border into Canada. But what they don't know is she lost the house months ago and new people now own it. Rebecca takes total control of any scene she is in and is great in the role of the mother.

Carnival of Souls

A classic of pre-70s horror. This dark and moody film feels like a longer episode of the classic run of Twilight Zone. Two cars are drag racing ,and one of them goes off a bridge and lands in the water. Only one person survives this accident. She starts seeing very strange things. This film has become public domain and is available for download at Archive.org. Worth watching if you like slow burn films.
    The Secret World of Arriety

WOW,just simply a stunningly gorgeous film. What amazed me is my father,who refuses to watch anything animated,watched the entire film and really enjoyed it.
    Poultry in Motion

This is a documentary about the making of the Troma film Poultrygeist. And it is a great look behind the scenes of the filming of a no budget film.
    Not on Netflix yet. But I just got in and watched the first 10 episodes of season 1 of "The Tribe". This was an early 2000s post apocalyptic tv show that was made in New Zealand. Think Mad Max mixed with Degrassi. A virus gets out that kills anyone over the age of 17. So all the kids form various tribes to try to survive in a world without adults. As far as I know in the USA this only aired on Encore WAM. And then was in syndication for maybe a year. So it is kind of unknown in the states. But it has a decent sized cult following. Worth tracking down if you are a fan of post apocalyptic fiction.
    I just got the word that they put My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic on instant queue.

May Celestia have mercy on your mortal souls...the fun has now been doubled!!! :)
    I noticed that they recently added Transformers Prime and G.I. Joe: Renegades (or maybe they just finished adding the rest of their first seasons). My son and I will probably be checking these out.

I am sad that G.I. Joe Renegades isn't getting a second season. I am really enjoying it. But I have one complaint. Saw a few weeks back an episode where the Joe team goes to Biloxi MS. For Roadblock to got a funeral. Now I was born in Biloxi and lived in that area for years. But according to this episode of Renegades,Biloxi is a tiny town that is made up mostly of swamp land. Plus the people speak with a cajun accent. And all the roads are dirt. All of which is just wrong. Biloxi is the 5th biggest city in the state. There is next to no swamp land in that area. No dirt roads that I know of. And besides some people that have moved their from Louisiana,there is very very few people that speak with a Cajun accent.

God help me we watched "Two-Headed Shark Attack" this weekend while putting together some Legos. And enjoyed it in a twisted way.

I have been wanting to see that. How can any movie starring Brooke Hogan be bad? ;)