Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Netflix/Streaming/TV--- Whatcha watching?

Comments

• Options
    I loved "What We Do in the Shadows." I'm a big "Flight of the Conchords" fan though, so I'm a sucker for most things that Jemaine Clement is in.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392

I loved "What We Do in the Shadows." I'm a big "Flight of the Conchords" fan though, so I'm a sucker for most things that Jemaine Clement is in.

His part in Moana is hilarious.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Watched the first new MST3K episode..it was OK. I warmed up to the new voices and actors as the episode went along.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Caught Warcraft on free HBO/Cinemax weekend. Maybe if I played the game I would have liked it more, but I thought it was a bad movie.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Finished off Big Little Lies last night. What a bloody good show that was. Great last episode.
  • Options
    DmanDman Posts: 163
    luke52 said:

Finished off Big Little Lies last night. What a bloody good show that was. Great last episode.

The finale was awesome. I really became attached to those characters.
  • Options
    Couldn't decide what to watch on my streaming services, so went to the physical media pulled out my DVD of

Still great as ever
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    DAR said:

Couldn't decide what to watch on my streaming services, so went to the physical media pulled out my DVD of

Still great as ever

One of the greatest, if not THE greatest horror sci-fi film of all time.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    edited April 2017

DAR said:

Still great as ever

One of the greatest, if not THE greatest horror sci-fi film of all time.
    Totally agree with it being one of the greatest. I think that Alien might edge it out, but just barely.

Neither lead the pack for me as far as being the sci-fi horror that most freaked me out. That honor goes to Event Horizon. Not sure if it was the sound effects or the fact that there's no jumping overboard, but that movie really got to me. I think I left the light on that night. That's not to say that it belongs in that top group with the aforementioned. Just that it really freaked me out.
  • Options
    Alien is a strong contender, for sure. I must not have been in the right frame of mind for Event Horizon. It didn't have the same impact for me.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    No love for ghosts on mars?
  • Options

Alien is a strong contender, for sure. I must not have been in the right frame of mind for Event Horizon. It didn't have the same impact for me.

Oh, I'm not suggesting it was a good movie. Just that there was something about the atmosphere that I found deeply disturbing. Aliens and JC's The Thing both made me jump out of my seat. Event Horizon creeped me out.
  • Options
    TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    Just finished the first 2 seasons of the BBC series, "Peaky Blinders," about a gang of violent gypsy brothers in post-WWI England. Stars Cillian Murphy as the leader of the Peaky Blinders gang and Sam Neill as an Irish police captain sent to stomp them out. Exceptional series. Great acting, lots of good "mobster" action, and an awesome hard-edged, alt rock soundtrack.

Oh, and in season 2 we meet Tom Hardy as the leader of the Jewish mob in a (literally) "make you laugh out loud" performance.
  • Options
    Peaky Blinders is great.

The last few weeks I've been recovering from hernia surgery so I've been using that time for a binge or two.

On HBO Now I've caught up completely to the Leftovers.

And Netflix I'm currently going through Narcos
  • Options
    Weird Fishing News

So with​ a few extra shekels laying around I bought the material for my first two custom built rods (yes my daughter has one in progress but that is not mine). I can't wait to see how they turn out.

With my other loose shekels I purchased some new records. David Bowie Legacy, GoG Mixtape vol 1&2, etc...

I have maybe changed my choice summer nightcap from the traditional​ whiskey and water to margarita. Jose Cuervo is a much better tequila than suaza.

I took the little girl out on the kayak for the first time. She loved it. I caught a small sun fish he was spared the Fate of cat fish bait by sliding out of my hand into the lake as I was getting ready to put him on the hook. I said forget this and went kayaking during nap. Then we'll went swimming in my parents pool thus eliminating ear infections and cooling off.
  • Options
    This is the Netflix streaming thread, @mwhitt80 - could you have meant to post this in the Random Bits thread?
  • Options
    Either way.. who knows.. the truth is out there
  • Options
    TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    DAR said:

Loved Narcos.
  • Options
    We've been all over the place in our viewing.
    Netflix has the newest season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (which was very good).
    I started F is for Family season 2 last night.
    Archer Season 7 was fun as always

Hulu has been all movies and Doc McStuffins
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot was really really good
    Zoolander 2 was everything you could want from a sequel to Zoolander (just as dumb, but not as funny)

Amazon
    Top Gear
  • Options

DAR said:

Loved Narcos.
    Yeah can't wait for the next season
  • Options
    The Leftovers finally wrapped up tonight. The finale like the show could be brilliant one minute and completely frustrating the next. In other words it was a Damon Lindelof project
  • Options
    DAR said:

The Leftovers finally wrapped up tonight. The finale like the show could be brilliant one minute and completely frustrating the next. In other words it was a Damon Lindelof project

Not sure what I think about it. Kind of feel like they would have been as well off ending it with the second to last episode.
  • Options
    hauberk said:

DAR said:

Not sure what I think about it. Kind of feel like they would have been as well off ending it with the second to last episode.
    I think the last five to ten minutes really saved the episode for me.
  • Options
    HBO has a doc called Mommy Dead and Dearest. Very well done, but highly disturbing.
  • Options
    What's it about?
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

What's it about?

Here's what Google says
  • Options
    That's messed up.
  • Options
    If you have Hulu, check out Becoming Bond a documentary about George Lazenby.

Worth your time.
  • Options
    I think I might check out GLOW this weekend.

I finished the fifth season of Orange is the New Black. This should have been two or three seasons then get out. At this point it seems like they're really stretching out the story.