Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Netflix/Streaming/TV--- Whatcha watching?

Comments

• Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    Right now watching Love Season 2. It's funny enough. I liked Community and Gillian Jacobs is in this and I like her. I feel like it's better than Season 1.

And I watched Trollhunters recently and I liked that. The main character can be stupid at points but still decent.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Check out this HBO Documentary Rolling Stones: Crossfire Hurricane on Netflix. Worth your time if you like old school rock & roll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-99gLThsIb8
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    mwhitt80 said:

Point Break on Hulu. Always take time to watch Johnny Utah.

Conversation with the wife.
    Me - "Lori Petty was one of the beautifuliest people in Hollywood for her 2-3 window. I don't know why, but I get it."
    Wife (5 years younger than me and pretty much missed the 1989-1995 window) - "it's her eyes pause... and smile."

She's right.

I loved her on whatever that Jump Street spinoff was called.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Pete's Dragon. I grew up with 1977 version. It wasn't until years later I discovered how horrible it was. This new version however was very well done. And the last ten minutes the room got a little dusty.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    I'm a fan of the show, but my wife and son are über-fans, and my wife loved the trailer. This is one I'll actually be watching on the night it’s released.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    Time to get strapped into the satellite of love.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Love how Patton Oswalt has TV's Frank's hair...think I read somewhere he's playing his son.

• Options
    Very excited for this

• Options
    That's a Frank Frazetta of Frank Zappa.
    "Manos" Hands of Fate
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Maybe she tunneled out
    Manos Hands of Fate...
    Kids worship the darnest things
    Manos Hands of...
    I'm Tom Bidet and we'll leave the Pyre on for you
    Manos Hands...
    Ut-Oh Officer Interruptus
    Manos...
    Bill Buckner...

The Bill Buckner line killed me cause I've been thinking it since Frank Zappa.

"It's like the Russian Parliament" takes on a whole new level of humor after yesterday. By humor I meant yeah.
    "Manos"
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I grew up with MSTK. I don't mean that as a saying; I mean that as MSTK was a part of my understanding movies and humor and me.
    I hit this unique spot where HBO, met CC stand up, met BET met MSTK on CC, met SNL, met classic SNL on CC. It might the best time to develop a sense of humor. I literally ​got to watch the funniest of the funny.

But I am a nerd, MSTK holds a special place in my life. I was the fat kid that got it. Then turned to "the fat kid stuck in a skinny kid's body" (you decide to walk everywhere for 3 months in 100+ degrees that turns into 5 years and see if you can't drop down to the 170s and stay there) who made power glove jokes during Hellboy 1. Then back to the overweight daddy, that still gets it, and is training a wife and daughter to get it.

So forgive me if I get a little wordy and excited.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    I'm watching London Has Fallen. Bloody awful.
  • Options
    Where's my dislike button?
  • Options
    Comicbook connect:
    Hap and Leonard on Netflix.

These were books created by Joe Lansdale, who wrote a lot for Vertigo (Jonah Hex).
  • Options
    DmanDman Posts: 163
    DAR said:

Very excited for this

I remember listening to a great interview with the author of the book in which this documentary is based. I've been meaning to read the book but will most definitely check out this documentary.
  • Options
    Rented Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. I'm a Harry Potter fan, but I walked away from this one a little disappointed.
  • Options
    Five Came Back was really good. If you've seen countless WWII docs you know what you're getting but it's still very engaging
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    Watched Elvis & Nixon on Amazon last night. It's almost stranger than fiction. Michael Shannon pulled off a pretty remarkable Elvis.

Also watched a digital short from the How Stuff Works people on the origin of the Georgia Guidestones. I'm intrigued.
  • Options
    hauberk said:

Also watched a digital short from the How Stuff Works people on the origin of the Georgia Guidestones. I'm intrigued.

I've read stuff on those before. Pretty interesting. Gotta link?
  • Options
    luke52 said:

hauberk said:

I've read stuff on those before. Pretty interesting. Gotta link?
    It was on Amazon Prime under their How Stuff Works banner
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    Just watched the first episode of the new MST3K series, and it was as good as I was hoping and better than I expected. Really good intro to set up the new cast, with a couple of cool cameos. A strong musical number about kaiju around the world. Some upgrades to the Satellite of Love (redesigned by Guy Davis) and robots that work well for the most part. The in-between bits were pretty good on the whole. Jonah Ray was pretty good, the new Tom was good enough, and the new Crow was very good. Overall it wasn’t as good as the best classic MST3K episodes, but it compares favorably with the typical classic episode.

My only minor complaint is that the mads were a little stilted in their deliveries. I like Felicia Day and Patton Oswalt, but to me it felt like they were performing rather than acting naturally. They didn’t have the casual goofiness of Dr. Forrester and TV’s Frank. Hopefully they'll loosen up a bit as the series progresses.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Started watching Taxi on Hulu and catching up Better Call Saul.
  • Options
    If you have HBO or any of its streaming options, Big Little Lies is a fantastic 7 episode binge
  • Options
    DAR said:

If you have HBO or any of its streaming options, Big Little Lies is a fantastic 7 episode binge

We're a bit behind on that in the UK. About half way through at the moment. Loving it. HBO always seem to deliver their best tele

• Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    I got a my 69 year young co-worker hooked on Transformers Prime. He's only heard of Transformers, has never seen any of the animated series or movies. It's been a blast watching him got through the episodes.
  • Options
    Just finished up What We Do in the Shadows last night on Prime. It had a couple of good moments in it but wasn't everything that recommendations had made it out to be.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    hauberk said:

Just finished up What We Do in the Shadows last night on Prime. It had a couple of good moments in it but wasn't everything that recommendations had made it out to be.

I kind of enjoyed it. Thought it was one of the better 'horror-comedy' mash-ups in recent years, with a docu-style approach. Of course, I was also a big fan of HBO's 'Flight of the Concords,' so I may be predisposed to comedy by Jemaine Clement with Rhys Darby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv568AzZ-i8
  • Options
    It definitely had its moments but it got presented as "you have got to see this it is SO funny. You'll laugh your ass off".