Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

99¢/Discounted comiXology SALES!

Comments

• Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131

Know anyone with a Whovian Learner Permit that may be interested in this (*ahem* @Pants)?
  • Options

Wolverine: Origins #1-50 (Way & Dillon & others)
    Wolverine: Origin #1-6 (Jenkins & Kubert)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Completed my Red Sonja (digital) collection and got me some good Top Shelf books (again)

Many times I end up buying the book-books by Top Shelf in later months. Good stuff.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I already own some of the Top Shelf stuff, but dang, to have some of those books at the ready whenever I want? Ima 'bout ready to go buck wild on that sale!

Some of the collections for $4 (usually $10)
    Essex County
    From Hell
    Infinite Kung Fu
    Underwater Welder

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen 1910, 1969, & 2009 & Nemo: Heart of Ice are $3 each

Korgi Vol. 1-3 are $2 each

If something looks interesting, but there are no preview pages, head over to Amazon and there might be some "Read Me" pages for you to scroll through.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    fredzilla said:

I already own some of the Top Shelf stuff, but dang, to have some of those books at the ready whenever I want? Ima 'bout ready to go buck wild on that sale!

Some of the collections for $4 (usually $10)
    Essex County
    From Hell
    Infinite Kung Fu
    Underwater Welder

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen 1910, 1969, & 2009 & Nemo: Heart of Ice are $3 each

Korgi Vol. 1-3 are $2 each

If something looks interesting, but there are no preview pages, head over to Amazon and there might be some "Read Me" pages for you to scroll through.

Wow. Those prices are ridiculously good. I will likely double-dip on From Hell just to have an easy, portable version to re-read sometime.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    In other digital/non-Comixology news...

Apple's free iBook of the week is Neil Gaiman & Sam Keith's Sandman #1. Gaiman said on Twitter/Facebook that you can expect a free Kindle version later this week.

Update: Free on Nook.
    Free on Kindle.

And speaking of Kindle...
  • Options
    Here's what I picked up:

Underwater Welder $4 (normally $10)
    Essex County $4 (normally $10)

- I already own the physical versions of these two great Jeff Lemire books.

Swallow Me Whole $4 (normally $10)
    Any Empire $4 (normally $10)
    Sounds of Your Name $2 (normally $4)

- I'm digging the line work on the Nate Powell samples I've seen and the summaries of these got me interested.

Far Arden $3 (normally $5)
    That Salty Air $2 (normally $4)

- Same reasons as the Nate Powell books. Some of the page counts on these books are ridiculous!

So there it is! I paid $23 for $52 worth of digital books (and a quick check on Amazon says that I would have paid $128 for full retail on the physical books! Dayum!)
  • Options
    bats00bats00 Posts: 275
    I'm going to have to get the complete Box Office Poison. Only $4 for the whole thing? Nice.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    This is a great series--at least up until issue #9 (I haven't read after issue #8 because #9-18 are AvX bannered titles). However, issue #17 is not and it is a standout (especially if you like you some Doop!)

• Options
    edited July 2013
    The Incredible Hulk Vol. 2 #77-112 (This sale includes the Marvel event(s) that would change everything you knew about the 616: Planet Hulk & World War Hulk)

• Options
    TrustyMutsiTrustyMutsi Posts: 161
    How have the Valiant books been? They seem to have Comixology sales quite often, and I'm tempted to start picking them up.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087

How have the Valiant books been? They seem to have Comixology sales quite often, and I'm tempted to start picking them up.

They are high quality. All titles are outstanding. But then I'm a Valiant addict....

• Options
    edited July 2013
    imageimage
    So most of you bronies (including @Torchsong, @Adam_Murdough, and @Jamie_D) probably already have these issues, but if you want your MLP fix without damaging your precious floppies, you can snag the first 8 issues of "Friendship is Magic" for one buck each (should probably rephrase the middle of this sentence...). They've also got issues 1-5 (of 6) of the micro series. My 2 1/2 year old just discovered season 1 of the cartoon on Netflix, so I'll probably grab these for her.
  • Options
    Scott Pilgrim Color Volume 1: Precious Little Life (Kindle version) is on sale right now on Amazon for $2.99. This book is normally $14.99 so this is a pretty good deal.
  • Options

Definitely one of the more underused characters in all of Marvel, Wolverine sale for Monday.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Pining for the good ol' days of DC? Well, can't do much about that now, but you can relive the event and all of the tie-ins that have changed what you know about the DC universe. Also, check out the animated movie released today (although from what I heard it is pretty violent and very worthy of the PG-13 rating so let the kids play with your power tools or something while you watch!)

And from the "Because No One Asked for a Movie Sequel, But They Decided to Make One Anyway Department:" Smurfs! *sigh*

oh, and I MADE 500 COMMENTS!!! yay me.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Flashpoint sale is still going on. Meanwhile...

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Getcho Thanos on!

• Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Yeah, some good stuff but it sure is a limited selection.
  • Options
    I was thinking about getting Infinity Gauntlet and Infinity War, but I just got my DCBS order and I've got a huge backlog of digital books to read already.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Haven't ever read a Judge Dredd comic, but saw the new film and it got me thinking... when Brits say, "bloody brilliant!" suppose they're referring to Judge Dredd?

Im'ma recommend this one. I've got the last three trades to make it through, but if you like any of Jeff Lemire's work (Underwater Welder, Essex County, Animal Man & Swamp Thing-New52) you owe it to yourself to check this out, eh? $40 for the whole digital shebang instead of the nearly $100 cover price you'd be oot for 6 trades.

And while you're waiting aboot for your books to download, take a listen to CGS Episodes 531, 867, and 1320 to hear the Geeks talk to Mr. Lemire aboot his work.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I heard good things about this so I got the two collections

I don't remember much from this series, but I'm pretty sure I enjoyed it. I love Bendis on regular titles (because he can't write endings, he's no good on event books-IMHO) and JRJR's art is great to look at. This is issues 1-6 for $4. Not bad.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Have you heard the news? Reminisce with the first 12 issues of the newest Ultimate Comics books.

I guess I gotta find something else to get Jim Carrey for Christmas...

• Options
    I know there are comics readers who play Magic, and so I'm sure there are Magic players that read comics. But do either one of them read Magic the Gathering comics? Well, not they can on the cheap!

• Options
    Generation X sale titles include and are limited to:
    Generation X #1-12
    Uncanny X-Men #316-318
    X-Men #36-37
    The First X-Men #1-5
    X-Men: First Class #1-8
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    There seems to be a glitch in comiXology's website because it is showing Vols. 1-3 of Madman is on sale for $0.99 each (normally $11.99)--around 300 pages per volume! I checked on my iPad and it shows each volume is $5.99. I don't know how long it will last so if you want these, head to the website ASAP. EDIT: price has been fixed to $5.99 per volume.

This is a great book with gorgeous art.