Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

99¢/Discounted comiXology SALES!

Comments

• Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    No yelling, just digital comic deals!
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    edited June 2013
    I predict a Superman / Man of Steel sale this week... I was looking at Superman: Secret Identity on Amazon and see that #1-4 are being released for Kindle on June 12 for 99¢ each (Price set by Publisher).

Hoping Comixology does the same. And hoping there are some other good titles on sale.

Like maybe the MOS Prequel comic?
  • Options
    edited June 2013

And a Wonderland sale--if you're into that...
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    love love the Valiant sales :x
  • Options
    edited June 2013

And here come the Superman sales...

In preparation of Man of Steel being released this week in theaters, Man of Steel, All-Star Superman #1 is free on ComiXology, Apple, and Amazon
  • Options
    kgforce said:

200+ Superman comics on sale.

Some personal recommendations:
    Superman: Secret Identity
    Superman: For All Seasons
    All Star Superman
    Superman: Red Son

All self-contained stories. All great.
  • Options
    fredzilla said:

kgforce said:

200+ Superman comics on sale.

Some personal recommendations:
    Superman: Secret Identity
    Superman: For All Seasons
    All Star Superman
    Superman: Red Son

All self-contained stories. All great.
    Definitely getting Secret Identity, as it is the only one of the bunch you listed that I don't have or haven't read.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    There's a bunch of good Superman stories in this sale, the Braniac arc in Action that was the basis of the newest animated DVD, Doomsday, Lex Luthor mini (gorgeous art by Lee Bermejo), Byrne's Man of Steel (origin retelling and @Jamie_D's preferred origin), Superman/Batman (Loeb & McGuinness), the first arcs of the New 52 Action Comics and Superman titles, and a bunch more... so many good stories!
  • Options
    OK... I got Superman: Secret Identity, Lex Luthor: Man of Steel, and Superman/Batman.
  • Options

Issues #1-60 and Annuals #1-3
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Sorry for the late notice, but I believe it's about an hour left on this sale.

Edit: Oops! All gone.
  • Options

A smattering of titles:
    Dark Avengers #175-183
    Super-Villain Team-Up/M.O.D.O.K.'s 11 #1-5
    Thunderbolts #169-174
    Vengence #1-6
    Amazing Spider-Man #334-339
    Villains for Hire #1-4
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Sorry this is so late in coming. For some reason I couldn't get into the forums in the last 24 hours. My browser would just freeze and then time out. Anyway...

If you were fortunate enough to get in on the Marvel 700 #1's deal, this is pretty sweet. Granted there's not 700 books here, but if any of the more recent issues stood out to you, you can get probably find #2 for only a buck here! So technically, that's $.50 a comic!

Also, only a day left on the Superman sale.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    .....and by now I spend an average $75 a month on comiXology $-)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Toy Story, Monsters Inc., Cars, Wall-E, Incredibles (written by Mark Waid!), and a few more. Some, if not all, of these were first published by BOOM! Studios. If anything, these would be great books for kids!

And for the two people on the planet that are die-hard Deadpool fans and still buy his books...

Seriously, am I the only one that doesn't like him? Don't see the appeal whatsoever. STOP BUYING HIS COMICS SO HE WILL GO AWAY!!! :-L
  • Options
    DEADPOOL 4-ever! >:)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    King City
    Multiple Warheads (endorsed by one, @Adam_Murdough!)
    Prophet

Hawkeye 1-5 for $0.99 each, I think that would get a @Pants approval.
    Defenders
    Immortal Iron Fist
    The Order
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The series some would say is the definitive superhero story is now on sale for $0.99. The Watchmen and its first issue prequels are on sale until the end of June.
  • Options

Avengers Academy #1-39
    Wolverine Vol. 4 #300-317

Don't forget! The Boys and Danger Girl end July 1.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Interesting news, but not a significant discount for the collections and the subscriptions are cover price to be paid at the time of release. So if you get your books digitally when the come out, this may be a boon for you and you don't have to worry about missing a purchase. Also, I think the word now is that this is only available on the website and doesn't work in the app yet. However, I imagine that if you purchase the subscription on the website, it will reflect on the app, you just need to initiate the transaction on the website. IMO this is a tiny baby step in the right direction for digital content. It's a step, but not too significant for me. I'll stick to the sales. I get most of my new books with a code from DCBS so that I can maybe someday sell the book. How about you? Are you likely to change how and what you purchase digitally?

Press release from the ComiXology Blog:

July 1st, 2013 – New York, NYToday comiXology debuts two new ways to shop that comic book fans have been clamoring for – subscriptions and bundles. Subscriptions let fans everywhere subscribe to their favorite series so they’ll never miss an issue. Bundles allow comiXology fans to buy curated collections – be it entire series, or multi-issue events – at steep discounts and all at a click of a button.

And while purchases made with either of these features allow comiXology fans to read their comics anywhere and on any device, fans wanting to take advantage of the of subscriptions and bundles features will need to shop at www.comiXology.com.

"Every hour of every day, everyone at comiXology is thinking about how to make it easier for comiXology fans to get the comics they love," said comiXology co-founder and CEO David Steinberger. "With subscriptions and bundles we’ve taken yet another step in delivering the great experience that our users deserve."

“We are excited to help our customers get their favorite series automatically with our new subscription functionality – it means you don’t have to remember when the next issue comes out and you’ll be notified when it is ready to read on your device,” said comiXology co-founder John D. Roberts. “And with comiXology bundles isn’t it great that you can now get bundles of great titles at significant savings with just one click? I can’t wait for our customers to see both features in action.”

Currently subscriptions are offered for every ongoing title on the entire comiXology platform – just click the “Subscribe to Series” button for the series on comiXology.com

The debut bundles – all offering deep savings – currently available to purchase are:

• Marvel – Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender – The Complete Series

• Marvel – X-Men: Schism – The Complete Event

• Marvel – Infinity Gauntlet Trilogy

• Marvel – Marvel Masterworks

• Marvel – Wolverine: Origins – The Complete Series

• Marvel – Marvel NOW! Starter Bundle

• MonkeyBrain – MonkeyBrain Firsts

• Valiant – Valiant Starter Bundle

• Archaia – Archaia Digital Firsts

• BOOM! Studios – Adventure Time Bundle

• Dynamite Entertainment – Project Superpowers Bundle

• Fantagraphics – Love & Rockets: Locas Bundle

• IDW – Richard Stark’s Parker Omnibus

• IDW – Joe Hill Sampler

• Image – Image Collections Starter Bundle

• Image – Chew Bundle

• Zenescope – Zenescope Starter Bundle

Last week, comiXology was in the news when they unveiled their 3.3 iOS upgrade of the comiXology app that not only included two new reading enhancements – Fit-to-width, and Show Two Pages – but also debuted French language navigation in comiXology’s iOS application.

Hand-in-hand with this minor iOS upgrade that had major benefits, comiXology debuted content from 14 French publisher that together make up almost 40% of the entire French bandes dessinées, comic book, graphic novel, and manga market. Providing new and existing comiXology fans the opportunity to purchase and experience content in the language of their choice is part of comiXology’s global expansion strategy.

With over 35,000 comics and graphic novels from more than 75 publishers, comiXology offers the widest selection of English language digital comics in the world. ComiXology’s availability across the iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire, Windows 8 and the Web makes it the best digital platform for newly interested, current and lapsed comic and graphic novel fans worldwide.
  • Options
    luckymustardluckymustard Posts: 927
    I subscribed to Injustice. Since I wait for the price drop on other books I won't be subscribing to them.
  • Options
    Supportin' Norton!

• Options
    bought ALL of them..... :-t
  • Options
    Happy Independence Day, Americans!

• Options
    Been outta town for a few days and missed posting these. They're only up for another day or so...

• Options
    edited July 2013

Don't forget there's still a couple of days left on the American Vampire sale (see above).