Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

99¢/Discounted comiXology SALES!

Comments

• Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    fredzilla said:

There's also a weekend sale on Chris Ryall books (Groom Lake, Infestation: Outbreak, Mars Attacks, Road Rage, Weekly World News, and Zombies vs. Robots)

bought all the Groom Lake issues and the collected Road Rage

good stuff

B-)
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Marvel's Monday $0.99 Sale is the one and only Iron Man (various issues)

and!

I believe to celebrate the new Injustice: Gods Among Us, DC has put some Justice League books on sale for $0.99 (Morrison, Meltzer, & New 52)
  • Options
    And the Injustice comic itself, #1, is free.
  • Options
    TrustyMutsiTrustyMutsi Posts: 161
    I ALMOST got Injustice #1 yesterday before the sale :)

Does the New 52 Justice League get better after 1-6?
  • Options
    heard ggod things about Injustice
  • Options
    edited April 2013

I ALMOST got Injustice #1 yesterday before the sale :)

Does the New 52 Justice League get better after 1-6?

I've dropped getting the floppies after about #12 or #13. It just never got moving into something that I could care about. At some point it got tied into the Throne of Atlantis story arc and I think that's when I stopped getting it.

heard ggod things about Injustice

I don't know about "ggod things," :D but I've heard the digital firsts are the best things DC is putting out now. And while Injustice #1 is free, the rest of the series (2-13) are only $0.99 each (and I believe all of DC's digital firsts are that price point as well). I don't think it would hurt to grab a couple of issues to check it out.
  • Options
    BadDeaconBadDeacon Posts: 120
    I picked up the Armor Wars books in the sale today.

I wish the rest of the Injustice books were on sale. I know each issue is only 99 cents, but each issue is only the length of half a regular comic.

I read the print first issue of Injustice, that book is nutty, and awesome. If DC comics were actually like this, I'd probably read them.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Claremont & Miller's Wolverine limited series is on sale right now for $1.99 (This is for the collection, issues 1-4. Each individual issue is $1.99. You're saving 70%!)

Apparently this sale is appearing on the Comixology app but not on the website ($6.99 on link above). Perhaps by the morning this will update on the web? Otherwise, grab it while you can in the app.
  • Options
    So I went and got Injustice 2-14 and have just read them all. It was interesting. I'm not sure if I liked the direction it went, but I enjoyed the story. It seems like an interesting Elseworlds-type story and is almost preferable to the New 52 in that it actually changes the status quo for the DC universe. Well worth checking out, especially if the whole series goes on sale in a collection or something. I decided to also pick up Lil Gotham as well. It seems like a fun kids story, but the watercolor art is beautiful and worth every giant Batcave penny.
  • Options
    To celebrate the 4 noms at the Eisners Monkeybrain offers Bandette #1 for FREE

starting Wednesday, April 17th, through the entire Eisner voting period.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Just looking through the iBook store and saw in the front page that this week's free book is the comic adaptation of Coldplay's newest album, Mylo Xyloto from Bongo Comics. I've got the first two in floppy form and will collect the rest. Nothing groundbreaking, but it's been a good read so far. Here's a chance to check it out for free.
  • Options
    The Marvel Universe Event that finally changed everything you know about the 616, World War Hulk, is Friday's $0.99 sale.

There's also a weekend half off sale for some books about this guy named, Luther Strode.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    So much Iron Man talk, you'd think there was a new movie coming out. Anyway, he's Marvel's $0.99 Monday Sale. "Demon in a Bottle" storyline for $9.
  • Options
    I enjoyed the first trade of Morning Glories and thought that the second dragged on without any real revelations. Anyone care to comment on the third volume? I want to like the series but it was too slow of a burn for me.

Anyone have any comments about NeoZoic? The art looks nice, but I'm afraid it's a T&A title with dinosaurs.
  • Options
    Morning Glories is also available in German (in print) - my daugther (20) loves all of it. I did only read the first volume so far. Liked that one as well.

NeoZoic looks intriguing - so much so, that for that price, I more than likely will get that first collection. Nothing to loose here.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    That's was my thinking too. I was thinking about getting MG: vol 1 and 2 as well, then I can find a home for my trades. I won't feel as bad if vol. 3 continues the distaste I had for vol. 2. I think my overall problem is that I would much rather read Runaways.
  • Options
    Maybe this is a response to Marvel's 700 #1s or maybe it's just 'cause they like us, but Dark Horse is giving away 50 #1s. You can't get these in Comixology since DH has its own store and app, so you may need to create an account. I love Marvel, but it looks as though DH's deal is perhaps more quality than quantity? Grab 'em here.
  • Options
    got the DH bundle - thanks for reminder - awesome B-)
  • Options
    They sure do make it easy with the one button.

BTW--Your move DC.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    If you don't have these, get on this now. Richard Stark's Parker is the weekend half-off sale. I've read the first two and highly recommend them. I just got the newest collection. Seriously, if you've never read these, do your best to not miss these.

Also on sale is Greg Rucka's Stumptown.

• Options
    This Marvel Monday $0.99 Sale is on the Avengers Vol. 4 (Heroic Age, Fear Itself, AvX) issues 1-34.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Iron Man 3 comes out this week in the US. As a result, there is a weekend sale on Iron Man books. I haven't seen the film yet, but word on the street is that the storyline is connected to the Ellis & Granov's Extremis arc--and the first issue is FREE! It's pretty good and probably worth the look. Fraction & Larroca's Invincible Iron Man is right up there as well.
  • Options
    Marvel Monday Sale is the "Are you sick of Iron Man yet?" sale.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If you haven't checked out this CGS favorite company, now's your chance. Get on this weekend sale!

Marvel's $0.99 Friday Sale:
    Guardians of the Galaxy (Abnett & Lanning) #1-25
    Iredeemable Ant-Man (Robert Kirkman) #1-12
    Doctor Strange: The Oath (Brian K. Vaghaun & Marcos Martin) #1-5

Anyone have anything to say about these Marvel books? I like all of the writers here, but I don' think I've heard any buzz about these books. Maybe they're just "okay" and nothing special?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Grabbed the entire run of the
    Guardians of the Galaxy (Abnett & Lanning) #1-25
    since I'm currently catching up on all things MARVEL COSMIC.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    fredzilla said:

Anyone have anything to say about these Marvel books? I like all of the writers here, but I don' think I've heard any buzz about these books. Maybe they're just "okay" and nothing special?

Haven’t read Guardians, but I thought Ant-Man was a fun book. It’s much closer to Ambush Bug than The Avengers, but if you like funny superhero books with a rather unsympathetic lead character, you'll probably enjoy this well enough. And Phil Hester’s art was nice.

The Oath was very good with outstanding art from Martin. I’ve always seen a bit of Ditko in Martin’s work anyway, and in this series even more so. Definitely worth the five bucks.
  • Options

The Oath was very good with outstanding art from Martin. I’ve always seen a bit of Ditko in Martin’s work anyway, and in this series even more so. Definitely worth the five bucks.

BKV is enough for me to get it, but I'm not well versed in Doctor Strange and that's why I'm a little stand-offish.