Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Introduce Yourself-- And Play Two Truths and a Lie...

Comments

• Options
    GonzogooseGonzogoose Posts: 66
    edited September 2013
    (I had responded to one I thought was on the last page, but it was like a year and a half ago, so I deleted it. lol Sorry)

Mine was WAAAAYYY back on like page 5 and nobody responded, so I'll go another round. :)

1. I wrote and drew webcomics for my high school newsletter.
    2. I taught Sunday School for a number of years and used superhero drawings to teach lessons.
    3. I landed a lettering job with a top 5 publisher at my first ever comic convention.
  • Options
    Hey all, I'm Ryan, I started listening to CGS a few months ago and figured it was high time I hopped on the forums!
    My two truths and a lie:
    1. I think Cheerwine is the greatest soda known to man
    2. I am an aspiring comic book illustrator
    3. I have read Murd's thesis on Crisis On Infinite Earths
  • Options

Hey all, I'm Ryan, I started listening to CGS a few months ago and figured it was high time I hopped on the forums!
    My two truths and a lie:
    1. I think Cheerwine is the greatest soda known to man
    2. I am an aspiring comic book illustrator
    3. I have read Murd's thesis on Crisis On Infinite Earths

3. is a lie, cause you would still be reading it?!
  • Options
    Hey everybody, I'm Adam, and I started listening to CGS roughly two years ago. I've only joined the forums relatively recently.
    My two truths and a lie:
    1. I used to write comic reviews for an online website, which got me blurbed on many trade paperbacks and press releases.
    2. I used to own the White Cover version of Ultimate Spider-Man #1, and sold it for quite a profit back when Ultimate Spider-Man was really hot (and Wizard Magazine still existed).
    3. I was inspired to start my own podcast, Comic Shenanigans, after listening to Comic Geek Speak for a year.
  • Options
    BondoBondo Posts: 57
    Hey Folks I'm Jason, been listening since roughly 2010 upon my return to Comics after abandoning them in the late 90's. when I googled "Crisis on Infinite Earths" and found Peter and Murd's "The Crisis Tapes", been hooked on all things CGS ever since!

1. I'm under 30, Canadian, and Bondo Tenderfoot was my actual nickname in High School (what a combo)
    2. My job has me wear the "4th sexiest Uniform in North America" (google that phrase)
    3. I'm a certified Flashlight Instructor (its exactly what it sounds like).
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Bondo said:

1. I'm under 30, Canadian, and Bondo Tenderfoot was my actual nickname in High School (what a combo)
    2. My job has me wear the "4th sexiest Uniform in North America" (google that phrase)
    3. I'm a certified Flashlight Instructor (its exactly what it sounds like).

I somehow misread .....Fleshlight Instructor....heard too many Kevin Smith podcasts in the past....

#-o
  • Options
    BondoBondo Posts: 57
    Kev and Joe Rogan podcasts will definitely do that to you lol
  • Options
    Hey All,

Long time on and off listener. Starting to heavily get back into the podcasts etc. LOVE the spotlight episodes! Great stuff. Would love to see some Batman spotlights in there.

1.) Been collecting comics since I was 11 (go Knightfall and Death of Superman)
    2). I spend too much money on them (I did love getting the Daredevil Artist edition recently though. Looks amazing)

I look forward to chatting with everyone on the forum
  • Options
    3. I plan on buying Ghost Rider - Spirt of Vengence on blu-ray.

this must be a lie, surely.

3. I work at one of the largest comic book stores in the world.

What would that be?

My ones:

1. I once caught pubic lice off of someone dressed as Santa
    2. I once drunk too much, collapsed in a bush and shat myself.
    3. I closely guard embarrassing secrets
  • Options
    wowbrow said:

My ones:
    1. I once caught pubic lice off of someone dressed as Santa
    2. I once drunk too much, collapsed in a bush and shat myself.
    3. I closely guard embarrassing secrets

:-& I hope 3 is a lie. Don't want to read of more embarrassing secrets....
  • Options
    Hello, My name is Tom. I have been listening to the pod-casts for awhile, so I thought I would finally join the forums. I am probably a biggest fan of the X-men. I have tried to go all digital for the past two years, but am finally back to printed comics...and I don't regret it.
    My two truths and a lie:
    1. The first comic I remember reading was Detective Comics #498
    2. My life was the basis for the Encyclopedia Brown books.
    3. I plan to get my first tattoo next year.
  • Options
    mphilmphil Posts: 448
    Hi, I started listening to CGS probably a little over 2 years ago.. I think the discussions about the New 52 books were some of the first I listened to. Consequentially it's also the time that I became more of a DC fan.

I was a Marvel fan most of my comic life, although I never really liked the popular Marvel characters. X-Men, Spiderman, The Avengers, I didn't dislike these characters but had no desire to read them. My favorite characters were all of the cosmic characters (Silver Surfer being my fave) and also the supernatural characters.

So I kind of dropped off Marvel around the time when they weren't doing anything with their supernatural and cosmic lines. I had never been able to get into DC, but used the New 52 as an opportunity to start fresh. They also had a lot of supernatural books at the time so I was excited to pick those up anyways. Long story short is I became a big DC fan and that's where I find myself today.
  • Options
    PhilyDPhilyD Posts: 6
    Hi, I’m PhilyD

I am 38 years old and I am a married father of 2. I work in IT for a fairly large company. I am a former Marine. I like hunting, fishing, camping, drawing, playing guitar, reading comic books and spending time with my family. I coach Soccer and Basketball and I am also a scout leader.
    I don’t have any friends that are into comic books, which is one of the reasons that I’m here. With my busy schedule it’s hard to make friends. Anyway I’m hoping to meet a few of you and get to know you.

2 Truths and a Lie
    1) I dated a girl 1 time 19 years ago who still stalks me from time to time.
    2) I have a tattoo of Chris Rock on my upper thigh.
    3) My stepmother is also my aunt.

See ya in the threads.
    -PhilyD
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Hi guys and welcome!
  • Options
    Hey!
    Facts about me: I like writing. I love comics obviously. My personal obsessions are the ditko and stan lee amazing spidermans, and the entire kickass series.
  • Options
    Hey y'all!
    I started listening to CGS when my husband said, "Hey, listen to this!" like... three or four weeks ago.

Truths and Lies!

I hate Batman
    I'm euthanasia certififed
    I'm hell-bent on being Phil Hester's pro writer rival.
  • Options
    Hey y'all,
    I've been listening to CGS for years now and even reading the forums in all its various forms. I figured it was high time to join in on all the fun.

So here are my 2 truths and a lie.

I'm a huge Thor fan, in fact he's my favorite.
    I once lived in Africa, Burkina Faso, where I got malaria.
    I have never broken a bone.
  • Options
    Hello all!
    I've been listening to CGS for just a couple of years, but not participating online. I felt the need to remedy that! I've been reading and collecting comics for just about twenty-two years. Looking forward to some good conversation!

Two Truths and a Lie:
    - I am a huge Sleepwalker fan.
    - I really like Judd Winick's work.
    - I am a fire fighter.
  • Options
    CellarDoorCellarDoor Posts: 5
    edited November 2013
    Hello CGS Community!
    I'm 23 years old and I recently got into comics about 2 years ago. I found CGS on itunes around the same time and it's helped me learn more about the medium. Now I'm a full-fledged comic fan spending a hefty amount at my local comic shop. Thanks for the entertainment, looking forward to future CGS shows and (finally) contributing to the forum!

Two Truths and a Lie

-The Walking Dead TV show turned me on to comic books
    -I've never bought a single issue(floppy)
    -I was able to meet Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo at my first Comic-con
  • Options
    Hello CGS! I love the main podcast and spin-off podcasts. I usually listen when doing errands, traveling, or house work like mowing the lawn or replacing base board, etc. I've been collecting comics since I was 10 and will be turning 30 in November. I've got great runs of my favorite tittles and focusing on colecting earlier published comics through reprint tittles like Marvel Tales and Archives.

I love going to comic shops and my current job requires a bit of travel, which gives me the oppertunity to check out a lot of great comic shops and back-issue bins across the Eastern Seaboard.

Two Truths and a Lie
    -I was jumped by Dan Jurgens and Tom Grummett back in '93 @ a comic signing
    -I purchased New Mutants #98 (the first appearnace of Deadpool) @ a garage sale for .25 cents
    -My 2 year old son knows the sectret identies of Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Welcome aboard!
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318

Hey y'all,
    I've been listening to CGS for years now and even reading the forums in all its various forms. I figured it was high time to join in on all the fun.

So here are my 2 truths and a lie.

I'm a huge Thor fan, in fact he's my favorite.
    I once lived in Africa, Burkina Faso, where I got malaria.
    I have never broken a bone.

Hey! I used to live in Mali. little village called Kadiolo. I did not get Malaria.
  • Options
    whatup, my name is Dustin I live in Redmond, Oregon. I got back into comics after attending my first convention in Portland last February. I discovered CGS shortly after that and have been listening ever since.

1. While i'm chained to a computer in a cubicle for work these days i have been in my life a professional fisherman, firefighter, and farmer.

2. I was once detained at the Portland airport by TSA and was questioned while in handcuffs by various law enforcement officials due to a case of mistaken identity.

3. All throughout my childhood, for Halloween I would only ever dress up as Darth Vader
  • Options

2. I was once detained at the Portland airport by TSA and was questioned while in handcuffs by various law enforcement officials due to a case of mistaken identity.

cosplay? <:-P
  • Options
    lol, most unfortunate cosplay ever
  • Options
    I'm a mom. I'm a wife. I like movies based on comic books rather than the books themselves, but I'm up for getting into reading comics especially if my kids get into it. My husband has a bunch if Spawn comics he collected in his late teens. That is the only exposure I have of the comic book world. Otherwise, I lead a pretty normal life for a "Thirty-something": professional, parent, etc.

1) I love science fiction and fact.
    2) I live across the street from the mayor of the city I live in.
    3) I compose music for the Discovery Channel.

This was fun! ;) ~DV
  • Options
    @Microchic awesome introduction \m/

2) is false - but only because it's the other way round

and welcome :D
  • Options
    SerienSerien Posts: 5
    edited December 2013
    Hey guys!!!! Megan here =]
    I have been into the superheroes for a while and listening to the podcast sporadically for a few months now. However I just recently really became interested in buying comics (just bought my first box this week, pretty much the entire vol 2 run of Wonder Woman!). Therefore I am pretty new at all of this!!!
    Nice to meet you all though!
    Edit: forgot to mention I am diehard DC... I appreciate Marvel but it just can't take that special place DC has ^^

Now for truths/lie
    - I am a dog person.
    - I am into programming.
    - I belong to a sorority.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946