Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Legion of Substitute Podcasters

124»

Comments

• Options
    electric_mayhemelectric_mayhem Posts: 641
    edited August 2012
    bats00 said:

@electric_mayhem: Cool! Nice pic of a sailboat!!

i can never see those dang things... I thought it was the Statue of Liberty..
  • Options
    PaulPaul Posts: 169
    WetRats said:

@electric_mayhem: Is that an accurate count?

Figpainter will know for sure! He is the official LoSP statistician!
  • Options
    @electric_mayhem: Cool! Nice pic of a sailboat!!
    Nicely played, sir!
  • Options
    @Paul, Mr. Dixon will have to note that Ep. #202 there was the first appearence of Electric Mayhem on LoSP... ;)

He did an AWESOME job, quite astounding and so fun to listen to. And now, we have a complete list of "Take a Drink!" =D> =D> =D>

But we never know what you guys are drinking.. Maybe a Drink Roll call, even for some so-called beer that is actually hard cider?
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    Jay_Kay said:

hauberk said:

Jay_Kay said:

WetRats said:

We're Dying Here, People!

Less than 20,00 Legion readers left?

How the heck did this happen?

115 - THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES
    06/2007: Supergirl & LoSH #31 -- 30,385
    06/2008: --
    06/2010: LoSH #2 -- 39,102
    ---------------------------------------
    06/2011: LoSH #14 -- 22,600 (- 2.2%)
    07/2011: LoSH #15 -- 21,788 (- 3.6%)
    08/2011: LoSH #16 -- 21,373 (- 1.9%)
    09/2011: LoSH #1 -- 50,402 (+135.8%) [58,325]
    10/2011: LoSH #2 -- 47,227 (- 6.3%)
    11/2011: LoSH #3 -- 34,979 (- 25.9%)
    12/2011: LoSH #4 -- 27,832 (- 20.4%)
    01/2012: LoSH #5 -- 25,624 (- 7.9%)
    02/2012: LoSH #6 -- 23,428 (- 8.6%)
    03/2012: LoSH #7 -- 21,894 (- 6.6%)
    04/2012: LoSH #8 -- 21,457 (- 2.0%)
    05/2012: LoSH #9 -- 20,854 (- 2.8%)
    06/2012: LoSH #10 -- 19,963 (- 4.3%)
    -----------------
    6 months: - 28.3%
    1 year : - 11.7%
    2 years : - 49.0%
    5 years : - 34.3%

Slipping below the 20K mark for the first time since Diamond started providing the current set of figures in March 2003.
    This might make me a pariah, but I wonder if maybe Levitz should let it go? I mean, the modern stuff hasn't been BAD, but I think it's fair to say the whole Legion side of the DCU could use some fresh blood.
    Disagree in a big way. Looking at the other recent takes on Legion, he's at least trying to extend he story and not just retell or reinterpret the same stories.

I'd suggest that it has far more to do with the continuous perpetuation of the myth that Legion is impenetrable and the fact that it exists largely in an isolated part of the DC Universe where it may be easily marginalized in favor of 8 batman titles.
    Eh, the whole Dominator story...it isn't BAD, it's just not exactly setting my world on fire. And you mean to tell me that the fact that current writer or the main Legion book being the same guy who wrote it for decades doesn't add anything to that "impenetrable" myth?

I suppose that it could contribute to the myth, but that doesn't make it any less of a myth.

The Dominator story isn't lighting my world on fire but it's still superior IMO to the three boot or the jugheads. I still contend that advancing a fair original story is superior to yet another origin or reinterpretation tale.
  • Options
    Jay_KayJay_Kay Posts: 10
    Disagree about the Threeboot, but that was the first Legion I ever read, so that might be a mild bias.
  • Options
    Jay_KayJay_Kay Posts: 10
    Okay, so I've been kinda slowly going through all the old episodes, and I'm not on 63, reading the Five Years Later stuff at the same time, but I just noticed that episode 62 doesn't seem to be on your iTunes feed at all.
  • Options
    What happend to your site. All the audio recording & show summary slots are blank. I have use IE & Google chrome to search your site .
  • Options
    omega2550omega2550 Posts: 11
    edited September 2012
    Now you site is mostly back to normal. But from 188 back to 0 their are alot of missing podcast links on your site. What happend ????
  • Options
    bats00bats00 Posts: 275
    edited September 2012
    omega2550 said:

Now you site is mostly back to normal. But from 188 back to 0 their are alot of missing podcast links on your site. What happend ????

Could it be........C.O.M.P.U.T.O.??? hmmm?
  • Options
    bats00 said:

omega2550 said:

Don't say its name!
  • Options
    bats00bats00 Posts: 275
    Paul said:

bats00 said:

omega2550 said:

Don't say its name!
    At least I'm not Mosby. :)

• Options
    Finally got my hands on Legion Lost 12. My LCS did not recieve their shipment from Diamond. I try to be positive, I really do. I'm positive that Pete Woods is petty freaking awesome.

All I can really say is "Ugh." DeFalco needs to go and I'd prefer that it be done by means of a time bubble. This crap cannot stand.

1 - Oh look, let's get all of those stupid conspiracies / prophecies / secrets out all at once. Fantastic job of waiting what? 2 issues from dangling the teasers to letting the entire team know that everyone is hiding something?

2 - I'll have to assume that hypertaxis gave Tyroc and Yera an accellerated healing factor? Either that or DeFalco suddenly realized that he really needed to have those characters capable for the big Alastor fight.

3 - Last I checked, implosions go inward, explosions go outward. I'm willing to share this one with the editorial staff. However, I've got to assume that editorial probably also had something to do with letting DeFalco touch the book in the first place. Perhaps I need to revise my first comment and put them in the time bubble target as well.

4 - Meta Marines - the return of the one-dimensional 90's characters. I'm particularly (un)fond of the snipers sence of self doubt over Timber Wolf's survival.

5 - So, Alastor needs an organic host to survive, but he's capable of entering an inorganic host? Pretty unfortunate that it takes him approximately the same length of time to figure this out as it does to fly one AU.

I really, really want to support Legion titles, but I'm struggling with this one like I haven't struggled since the Archies. Oh, I didn't much care for the three-boot (though it was really pretty), but at least when it was getting really bad, I could see the end in sight.
  • Options
    You'll find little dissent from your thoughts here at Subs HQ. At least, with today's episode (205), you'll be able to play along with the rest of us!
    hauberk said:

Finally got my hands on Legion Lost 12. My LCS did not recieve their shipment from Diamond. I try to be positive, I really do. I'm positive that Pete Woods is petty freaking awesome.

All I can really say is "Ugh." DeFalco needs to go and I'd prefer that it be done by means of a time bubble. This crap cannot stand.

1 - Oh look, let's get all of those stupid conspiracies / prophecies / secrets out all at once. Fantastic job of waiting what? 2 issues from dangling the teasers to letting the entire team know that everyone is hiding something?

2 - I'll have to assume that hypertaxis gave Tyroc and Yera an accellerated healing factor? Either that or DeFalco suddenly realized that he really needed to have those characters capable for the big Alastor fight.

3 - Last I checked, implosions go inward, explosions go outward. I'm willing to share this one with the editorial staff. However, I've got to assume that editorial probably also had something to do with letting DeFalco touch the book in the first place. Perhaps I need to revise my first comment and put them in the time bubble target as well.

4 - Meta Marines - the return of the one-dimensional 90's characters. I'm particularly (un)fond of the snipers sence of self doubt over Timber Wolf's survival.

5 - So, Alastor needs an organic host to survive, but he's capable of entering an inorganic host? Pretty unfortunate that it takes him approximately the same length of time to figure this out as it does to fly one AU.

I really, really want to support Legion titles, but I'm struggling with this one like I haven't struggled since the Archies. Oh, I didn't much care for the three-boot (though it was really pretty), but at least when it was getting really bad, I could see the end in sight.

• Options
    Paul said:

You'll find little dissent from your thoughts here at Subs HQ. At least, with today's episode (205), you'll be able to play along with the rest of us!

hauberk said:

Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Has DeFalco ever even bothered to read an issue of the Legion?
  • Options
    He doesn't need to. They're all new and all different. Probably why he's such an... uncanny choice to write.

LL#0 was OK at best. I can't really say anything bad about it. I just find it curious that, with an ensemble cast, they devoted their flashback issue to "just" a Timber Wolf origin. Seems like this would have been a good place to play out some of the events that occurred just prior to LL#1. Leaves me wondering "why Timberwolf? Why not the origin of Tellus' legs or how Tyroc was able to leave the island (did he bring a volleyball as a companion?)
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    hauberk said:

He doesn't need to. They're all new and all different. Probably why he's such an... uncanny choice to write.

LL#0 was OK at best. I can't really say anything bad about it. I just find it curious that, with an ensemble cast, they devoted their flashback issue to "just" a Timber Wolf origin. Seems like this would have been a good place to play out some of the events that occurred just prior to LL#1. Leaves me wondering "why Timberwolf? Why not the origin of Tellus' legs or how Tyroc was able to leave the island (did he bring a volleyball as a companion?)

LL#0 was shite.

If you're gonna throw out a character's established origin, why not come up with a new one, rather than reuse Batman & Captain America's?

The reason they didn't answer any of the questions about what happened before LL#1 is because they have no frikking clue what happened before LL#1!

They should take "Legion" out of the title, call if "Fat Frog Yoda and his Squabblin' Pals" instead.
  • Options
    omega2550omega2550 Posts: 11
    What Happended to LOSP podcast 111-139, 141-203.

Reason I'm asking is that I'm going to put them on a my Amazon Fire. I'm getting this summer. So I'm going to store them on my 80GB external Hard Drive for the Time being.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Legion News!

(sort of)

Neat! But dang, 75 bananas? Yeesh!
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    omega2550 said:

What Happended to LOSP podcast 111-139, 141-203.

I have the same question. I am going through from the begininng and listening to all the episodes. Is there anyway to get the episodes that are no longer on ITunes?
  • Options
    CaptShazam try archive.org and use the keyword LOSP and then use date added to get them in release order
  • Options
    Paul on your main LOSP site. You're missing EPS 14-61,63-139,141-169,171-195. Luckly archive.org has a complete set of LOSP eps.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    omega2550 said:

CaptShazam try archive.org and use the keyword LOSP and then use date added to get them in release order

Thank you for the help!!
  • Options
    I am so far behind again... choke!