Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    edited October 2015
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    The Leftovers is still one of the best shows on TV. One that consistently leaves me thinking 'what the fuck!?!?'. Very well acted and written. And the music in it is just beautiful. Great show.
  • Options
    I hope all you last minute income tax filers got your returns in today.
    Remember kids the government can throw you in jail for filing fraudulent returns and even not filing returns, but not for refusing to pay your tax bill.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Who Dat? Who Dat? Who Dat team gonna beat 'dem Saints?

Well, pretty much everyone except Matty Ice and the boys! :)

/Take heart, Atlanta...I still think you guys are going deep into the playoffs
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Can I borrow your paper bag?
    The Saints looked good last night. The Falcons fumbling twice in the redzone helped
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    mwhitt80 said:

The Saints looked good last night. The Falcons fumbling twice in the redzone helped

Freeman keeps racking up points in FanDuel...good enough for me.

• Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

mwhitt80 said:

I would be careful how much money I keep with them or draftkings. This federal investigation will probably end with them freezing accounts like they did with poker sights

I'm not saying I think it's wrong; I just think it's close enough to gambling that I would keep a small account.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

mwhitt80 said:

I would be careful how much money I keep with them or draftkings. This federal investigation will probably end with them freezing accounts like they did with poker sights

I'm not saying I think it's wrong; I just think it's close enough to gambling that I would keep a small account.
    I hear you and I'm well aware. Thankfully I'm not a high roller and my account being frozen wouldn't do much damage. :)

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I really, really hate CinemaBlend.
  • Options
    I got a whole bunch of kickstarter shipping updates. My flyfishing reel should be going out around Halloween as should my copy of the Ghostbusters board game.
    It's a good week.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

I got a whole bunch of kickstarter shipping updates. My flyfishing reel should be going out around Halloween as should my copy of the Ghostbusters board game.
    It's a good week.

I'm gutted I missed the ghostbuster board game kickstarter.
  • Options
    luke52 said:

mwhitt80 said:

It's a good week.

It should be available for retail sales in mid November, but man did you miss out on some cool exclusives. I bought 2 copies one for me and one for an xhristmas present for my best friend.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

luke52 said:

mwhitt80 said:

It's a good week.

It should be available for retail sales in mid November, but man did you miss out on some cool exclusives. I bought 2 copies one for me and one for an xhristmas present for my best friend.
    I know. Some of those pieces are so cool. Real shame I missed it. Hopefully they'll release some as expansions further down the line.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    mwhitt80 said:

luke52 said:

mwhitt80 said:

It's a good week.

You're a good friend

• Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    Mythbusters has been cancelled.

Can't say I'm entirely shocked, I saw the writing on the wall when they let Kari, Grant, & Tori go.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Tristan Thompson (glorified bench guy for Cleveland Cavaliers, NBA team) is getting paid a guaranteed $82 million for 5 years.

Deals like this make me question my life choices.

• Options
    Football question: Who can you remember that feel apart as quickly/much as Collin Kaepernick?

We've all seen guys get megahot for 2/3 weeks then regress back to their normal play, but this seems different. Collin has just fallen apart; it's almost Leaflike .
  • Options

RG III?

His has more to do with injuries right? He physically cannot do what made him great.

It was why I never jumped on the RG3 train. I wanted him to be the most electricfying QB that ever played. The evolutionary leap from Vick, but I cheered for Vick for years. What makes them special is also what keeps them injured.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

Football question: Who can you remember that feel apart as quickly/much as Collin Kaepernick?

We've all seen guys get megahot for 2/3 weeks then regress back to their normal play, but this seems different. Collin has just fallen apart; it's almost Leaflike .

I have never seen anything like this. Ever. He was in the Super Bowl two seasons back. Able to throw and run the ball really well. I was watching highlights of last night's game over lunch and I was just like "Dude, what happened?!?"
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    Torchsong said:

mwhitt80 said:

I have never seen anything like this. Ever. He was in the Super Bowl two seasons back. Able to throw and run the ball really well. I was watching highlights of last night's game over lunch and I was just like "Dude, what happened?!?"
    Surely much of the blame has to fall on the offensive line’s poor play.
  • Options
    Much, but not all. This isn't just one game...it's been a consistent and constant drop in performance since about mid-last season. It's one thing for aging QBs like Manning and Brees to start seeing a decrease in performance, but Kapernick's a young man. Way too young for that kind of fall.
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

Much, but not all. This isn't just one game...it's been a consistent and constant drop in performance since about mid-last season. It's one thing for aging QBs like Manning and Brees to start seeing a decrease in performance, but Kapernick's a young man. Way too young for that kind of fall.

It's weird right; I can't think of another player that fell off like that. It's been a steady fall for 2 seasons.
  • Options
    Daunte Culpepper
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    edited October 2015
    Here in CO, some of the school districts give kids a Fall Break (like Spring Break, but less beachy, and in the Fall, natch). It's one way that the districts can get out of having to deal with students coming to school dressed in Halloween costumes and wearing masks. Fall Break starts next week. Today my son decided to go to school dressed in his costume anyway. Not a big deal because he's dressed as the 11th Doctor (Matt Smith) this year. Bow tie, dress shirt, and suspenders. He brought his fez to wear on the playground. When I picked him up today he was in a sour mood and said kids were making fun of him and calling him a "freak" and a "weirdo" (not the worst thing they could say, but hurtful nonetheless).

We had a talk about it. I told him that he needs to love what he loves, regardless of what the other kids think. That there will always be those that will belittle him for his interests, but it's probably because they don't have as much fun with their hobbies. I figured that most of the kids at his school have no idea who Doctor Who is (there's a pun in there somewhere). I also told him that if he were in middle school, the kids would likely have understood his costume choice and liked it.

Still, it frustrates me that this shit still happens to kids. I teach MS and many of the kids in our school are there because of bullying. I don't really think it will ever totally go away, but it's 2015. Why is this still even a thing?

Edit: I suppose I should say that my son is in 5th grade, and looks great in his costume.
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Daunte Culpepper

That's a good example. Matt Stafford is having major difficulties right now as well. So is Andrew Luck. I mean he looked horrible for 3 quarters against N'awlins this past Sunday.
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

Daunte Culpepper

That's a good example. Matt Stafford is having major difficulties right now as well. So is Andrew Luck. I mean he looked horrible for 3 quarters against N'awlins this past Sunday.
    I think Luck is hurt.

Culpepper is a pretty good comp