Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    edited October 2015
    Has anyone else noticed that Amazons "deal of the day" have gotten a lot crappier since "Prime Day"?

It's like they decided that a 55 gallon drum of astroglide and 2 bottles of Windex really are what the people wanted (excluding @Torchsong he has odd tastes).

Editors note: revenue has grown pretty steady and margins are expanding. We aren't getting the deals we once did (not counting the states that collect sales tax from amazon).
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    mwhitt80 said:

Has anyone else noticed that Amazons "deal of the day" have gotten a lot crappier since "Prime Day"?

It's like they decided that a 55 gallon drum of astroglide and 2 bottles of Windex really are what the people wanted (excluding @Torchsong he has odd tastes).

Editors note: revenue has grown pretty steady and margins are expanding. We aren't getting the deals we once did (not counting the states that collect sales tax from amazon).

The only problem with a 55-gallon drum of Astroglide? Where to put it! *rim shot*

I think they're saving the "good stuff" for cyber-Monday and all that jazz. That'd be my guess, anyway
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    From this year's anecdotal, thoroughly unscientific poll of watching the Halloween parade at my daughter's elementary school this morning, I would say that the Disney family of brands wins Halloween again this year.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited October 2015
    Torchsong said:

*rim shot*

Jokes within jokes...
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Torchsong said:

*rim shot*

Jokes within jokes...
    Y'see what I did there? :)
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    Anybody else watching the Danny Elfman special on PBS?
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Torchsong said:

*rim shot*

Jokes within jokes...
    Not sure which gif to use...

• Options
    Wow that was amazing.

Now onto pressing matters.
    My alma mater played football on national television Saturday (330 CBS); they've played many times on national television (they played on the Sec network last week and CBS the previous 2week). In two weeks they've failed to score 1 touchdown. I said it last year, we sent the wrong coach to Colorado St.

I gave up on our head coach the year he lost Vandy and Kentucky in the same season (in football not basketball); he needed to get gone then. My friends from said alma mater disagreed (I said if you haven't got enough pride/drive to win against at least one of the whipping boys of the conference you never will); far fewer are in disagreement now.
  • Options
    In other words thank goodness the NBA has started at Hawks (even during the terrible years) are fun to watch
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    My wife bought our kids' costumes off of Amazon this year. Our 9 year old son was a very authentic looking doctor(scrubs, white coat, real stethoscope, etc) while our 11 year old daughter was his patient who had been in an accident. She had the hospital gown, crutches, bandages, and a score of painted bruises and scrapes. They received so many compliments this year. We heard one kid say, "Mom, next year I want to be a doctor!" I think they enjoyed being something other than the common ninja, witch, or liscenced character.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Early Christmas gift tip:

Go to the Halloween stores today or early this week for half priced hero and princess costumes for the kiddies.

They will love and re-use them several times.

• Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    mwhitt80 said:

Wow that was amazing.

Now onto pressing matters.
    My alma mater played football on national television Saturday (330 CBS); they've played many times on national television (they played on the Sec network last week and CBS the previous 2week). In two weeks they've failed to score 1 touchdown. I said it last year, we sent the wrong coach to Colorado St.

I gave up on our head coach the year he lost Vandy and Kentucky in the same season (in football not basketball); he needed to get gone then. My friends from said alma mater disagreed (I said if you haven't got enough pride/drive to win against at least one of the whipping boys of the conference you never will); far fewer are in disagreement now.

Well, I hate to make things worse. But, I'm afraid that Lil' Sebastian; beloved miniature horse of Pawnee Indiana passed away last night.

The memorial service presented by E-720 and featuring a live performance by MouseRat will be held this Friday.
  • Options
    In other depressing news ESPN shutdown grantland this weekend. It was a surprise to the employees. It was going to happen sooner than later, but come on give your employees a heads up. I guess the mouse gotta eat, and grantland just wasn't bring in enough money.

I never loved grantland, however I did love writers Zach lowe ( NBA), bill barmwell (NFL), Jonah keri (mlb) and David shumaker (wwe). They had excellent sports podcasts and really good boxing coverage. They were the intelligent counter point to first take and Mike/Mike.
  • Options

Early Christmas gift tip:

Go to the Halloween stores today or early this week for half priced hero and princess costumes for the kiddies.

They will love and re-use them several times.

We hit our local stores up for lights for next year. Our house every Halloween and Christmas is the one that looks straight outta Vegas. :)
  • Options
    Who knows, maybe someday I'll get a PVR that works. Then, I can finally give the world the Christina Hendricks/Jewel Staite Divas Championship match that I know it has been asking for.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    For 11 years I considered the Incredibles to be the best film Pixar has done. Tonight, Inside Out came in and dropped the mic.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Remember the 5th of November.

• Options
    Just found out that a former student of mine serves coffee to J. Scott Campbell just about every day. I may have to start drinking coffee.
  • Options
    Strange thing just happened.

I was uploading the newest episode of my show to YouTube & one of suggested tags to list the video with was Morbius, the Living Vampire (Comic Book Character). I clicked it and continued waiting for the video to finish uploading.

Turns out that Morbius, the Living Vampire (Comic Book Character) is too long to use as tag....Well, if that's the case then why was it suggested?
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    The Three Stooges could never play in today's NFL.

Denver Broncos’ cornerback Aqib Talib gets suspended one game for an "eye poke". Plans to appeal:
    wishtv.com/2015/11/09/broncos-talib-suspended-one-game-for-eye-poke-plans-to-appeal/
  • Options

Denver Broncos’ cornerback Aqib Talib gets suspended one game for an "eye poke". Plans to appeal:
    wishtv.com/2015/11/09/broncos-talib-suspended-one-game-for-eye-poke-plans-to-appeal/

I saw that and it was pretty blatant. Dude walked right up and jammed two fingers right in the guy's eye. He deserves any penalty they throw at him.

When a Saints fan calls your guy a punk, that's saying something. We'd have just shot him. :)
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

I saw that and it was pretty blatant. Dude walked right up and jammed two fingers right in the guy's eye. He deserves any penalty they throw at him.

When a Saints fan calls your guy a punk, that's saying something. We'd have just shot him. :)
    Agreed. But again, the Three Stooges couldn't play in today's NFL, you of ALL people on these forums should get that @Torchsong - I miss your old avatar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5ZOK5ia_A0
  • Options
    If you're feeling fancy and have a second, you could vote for my kids and me for the Halloween ComicFest costume contest. There's no way we'll win at this point, but it'll be fun to show my kids they got some votes. Thanks!

http://wshe.es/WistqDHV

• Options
    edited November 2015

t @Torchsong - I miss your old avatar.

Couldn't find my old one so I'll have to go with a new one from my comic.

www.redskirtsonline.com

(No, I didn't draw it... :) )
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586

Why I oughta....
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Catching up on Walking Dead. I let four episodes slip by after the premiere. Which now means that no show for me is "must-see right away" at this point. Interesting.
  • Options
  • Options

Congrats!!

Thank you. I love being a daddy to a little girl (she is the best), and I am excited to be a daddy to a little boy.