Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    My new fishing reel is on its way, and my Ghostbusters game is on its way. And DCBS shipped.

It's a good week for cool stuff coming to my door.
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    mwhitt80 said:

My new fishing reel is on its way, and my Ghostbusters game is on its way. And DCBS shipped.

It's a good week for cool stuff coming to my door.

Just don't mix those two up.
  • Options
    Im always about what Ghostbusters game everyone is playing.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    @BeamMeUp
    First welcome to the forums.

Cryptozic games kickstartered a Ghostbusters board game. I think you can get it at most games stores and I've heard it's in target.
    Anyway I preordered two copies (1 deluxe and 1 basic). They came in yesterday and boy is deluxe cool. I'll have take some pictures for the board game thread
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    @mwhitt80

What is going on with the Falcons?

Fox switched off of the Atlanta/Carolina game in my town for a more interesting game after the first series of the 3rd Qrt.

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967

@mwhitt80

What is going on with the Falcons?

Fox switched off of the Atlanta/Carolina game in my town for a more interesting game after the first series of the 3rd Qrt.

Unrelated, but made me laugh. And I've been a Falcons fan since Steve Bartkowski was still proving he couldn't even scramble eggs...

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881

So my wife brought a new little geek into the world today (technically yesterday)!

Congratulations!!!
  • Options

So my wife brought a new little geek into the world today (technically yesterday)!

Congratulations!!
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586

Congrats!
  • Options
    The question is, how young is too young for The Force Awakens?
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207

You'll have to test the midiclorian levels.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881

Yep. Big question being asked around our house this week. We'll see. (As my wife and I have a babysitter for Thursday night, and will see it first.)
  • Options
    ATTENTION:

An all-new sequel to the original Star Wars trilogy premieres worldwide this week.

That is all.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    At age 30+ I have started playing a musical instrument. My wife bought me s ukulele for my Christmas present. Right now I can play 3 chords and strum properly. I am not musically gifted (that's my wife) but I constantly make up songs. Saturday she sent and found me an instrument to play as sing to my daughter.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

At age 30+ I have started playing a musical instrument. My wife bought me s ukulele for my Christmas present. Right now I can play 3 chords and strum properly. I am not musically gifted (that's my wife) but I constantly make up songs. Saturday she sent and found me an instrument to play as sing to my daughter.

I've been teaching my daughter ukulele. We play songs from Adventure Time and Steven Universe when we play together. I'd really like to get a high quality uke one of these days.
  • Options
    I just spent an hour playing hide and seek with a black snake. It crawled in through the attic through a gap in the crown molding in our bedroom. We have a log cabin made from old repurposed logs, so there are gaps everywhere. I really need to get those sealed up better.
  • Options

I just spent an hour playing hide and seek with a black snake. It crawled in through the attic through a gap in the crown molding in our bedroom. We have a log cabin made from old repurposed logs, so there are gaps everywhere. I really need to get those sealed up better.

YES!!!

Yes, you do.
  • Options

YIKES!
  • Options
    It was a small one, under two feet long and about as thick as my finger. He couldn't even bite through the work gloves. We get little skinks in the house from time to time, but this was the first snake.
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552

It was a small one, under two feet long and about as thick as my finger. He couldn't even bite through the work gloves. We get little skinks in the house from time to time, but this was the first snake.

Do Black Snakes eat mice? If so, maybe you want to keep him around.
  • Options
    aquatroy said:

Yes, they eat mice. We live near a marshy area, so seeing a black snake in our yard is not uncommon, and we don't kill them if we can help it. We were able to catch this one and release it outside, where hopefully it will stay.
  • Options

aquatroy said:

Yes, they eat mice. We live near a marshy area, so seeing a black snake in our yard is not uncommon, and we don't kill them if we can help it. We were able to catch this one and release it outside, where hopefully it will stay.
    If it's like the oak snakes we get, that guy will be back soon. I hate snakes in the house.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

aquatroy said:

If it's like the oak snakes we get, that guy will be back soon. I hate snakes in the house.
    I doubt that particular snake will come back. He didn't enjoy the chase. He may have friends though.
  • Options
    We call them rat snakes in my region. Harmless to people.
  • Options

We call them rat snakes in my region. Harmless to people.

Harmless, but I didn't want him getting into it with our cats. It's bad enough finding skink tails and the occasional dead skink on the floor.
  • Options
    One of my cats killed a 3 foot king snake a few years ago and brought it up to the house. I was so mad.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    So Pete Rose had a press conference today about not getting reinstated to baseball ( did not watch). Ive changed my mind on Petey 3/4 times, right now I believe he should still be banned.
    This got me thinking, I honestly don't care if someone used steroids. I only care if a guy was a great player. McGwire, Sosa, Palmero were not great players; they were players that got famous/popular because of steroids. Clemens & Bonds were great players.

Which brings me to my point, I sports hate ARod; I probably wouldn't like him in real life either. I never want to see him in the HoF, but...
    He was great on the world series broadcast. If he goes on TV as a post baseball career he will be awesome (which makes him 10,000x more likeable). I'm trying to come to grip with the fact that in 25 years that ARod will be beloved/rooted for to get in the HoF. Mr. May will be the Pete Rose (assuming one day Pete gets in) for our kids.
    Have a Merry Christmas dwelling on that
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Snake problems in December...I'm guessing you don't live anywhere near the upper Midwest.
  • Options
    Ha! No, I'm in North Carolina. We had a warm front move through this past weekend, and the temps got up over 70.