Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    edited April 2016
    I decided to try Scooby Apocalypse #2 and Future Quest #2 in this month's DCBS order since I ordered the #1's last month. But this morning I got a couple of emails stating that DC increased the price of each from $2.99 to $3.99.

DC, I'm not going to play this game with you. I dropped both books like a hot potato.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    mwhitt80 said:

I wish we still had the dislike button. I'd be punching it so hard right now.

Instead I will say, those adorable little Japanese girls, singing about chocolate, over a heavy guitar might not be for everyone.

Ha! No Dislike for you!

Hey, I'm not opposed to the concept of girls, little or otherwise, Japanese or otherwise, singing about chocolate over “heavy” (though, you must admit, heavy in the sense that bands like Poison and Stryper were labeled “heavy”) guitar riffs. Their stuff just doesn't connect with me on any level. I wouldn't be surprised if they get a show on the Disney Channel next season though—they seem tailor-made for it (or rather, record label-made).
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    fredzilla said:

DC, I'm not going to play this game with you. I dropped both books like a hot potato.

I salute you!

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    edited April 2016
    Braves are now on pace to win 31 games this year.
    Here's my season so far
    Braves 0-3 this is a terrible team, but they will improve
    Braves 0-7 crap they are going to go 0-10 this team sucks
    Braves 4-9 yeah a little improvement. they aren't good, but they aren't 0-9 bad.
    Braves 4-17 how could I have ever thought they weren't 0-9 bad. I'm just happy my county didn't agree to pay for their new stadium and 10 million dollar foot bridge across I-75.

An 0-9 start, followed by a 4-0 win streak, followed by an 0-8 current losing streak, and that's how we get to a 4-17.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited April 2016
    mwhitt80 said:

Braves are now on pace to win 31 games this year.
    Here's my season so far
    Braves 0-3 this is a terrible team, but they will improve
    Braves 0-7 crap they are going to go 0-10 this team sucks
    Braves 4-9 yeah a little improvement. they aren't good, but they aren't 0-9 bad.
    Braves 4-17 how could I have ever thought they weren't 0-9 bad. I'm just happy my county didn't agree to pay for their new stadium and 10 million dollar foot bridge across I-75.

An 0-9 start, followed by a 4-0 win streak, followed by an 0-8 current losing streak, and that's how we get to a 4-17.

It's a bit shocking that the Braves' home record is so bad. The Twins are terrible as well but it's their road record that's killing them.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Hawks are rolling. They are in much better shape than last year's Eastern playoff run. They should be able to push this Cavs team.

However never forget Lebron James is still the second best player in the on planet earth. He's amazing; no one should be as good as Lebron after having as many basketball miles on his body.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Same woman, all body paint...

• Options
  • Options
    edited April 2016
  • Options
    Then there are the ones that.....ehh, confuse me ;)

• Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Kay Pike is amazing. No doubt about it.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Boy that was an odd draft for the Falcons. By odd I mean head scratching.

Also there have number of good pieces on Liberty Media's (the owner of the Braves) recent money grab.
    The WSJ did a great article on the Braves franchise getting a half billion dollars for local governments across the Southeast to build stadiums for all of thier minor league and the new stadium in Cobb county.
    I think it kind of sickened me.

Edit: I can't understand citizens paying for the new stadium construction, and defending the use of public money. There are literally thousands of papers, and hundreds of studies that show that building stadiums is a money loser for governments.
  • Options
    I shouldn't read comments section.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    edited May 2016
    mwhitt80 said:

I shouldn't read comments section.

Comment sections are the sewer of the internet.

I do not understand public financing of stadiums either. How many games can an average family even afford to go to?

Most city and county governments do not look at the long view. They see possible jobs now and higher visibility now. They do not consider that they could be in a position like St. Louis who still is paying for their football stadium without having a football team.
  • Options
    They also don't want to be the ones who lost a pro sports team on their watch. People get mad about higher taxes, and other goofy financing schemes, but having a pro team leave gets the masses angry like not much else. I think they're willing to take the fallout from some angry voters over public financing of a stadium but shake in their shoes over the idea of facing the masses who want to know why their favorite football team moved to L.A.(or wherever).
  • Options
    I expect @ShaneKelly is going to add this to his pull-list. IDW is adding another Hasbro property to their publishing line coming this fall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vltPKoaNx8I
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Ok no fishing, sports, or baby update.

Have any of you read the book Mary Poppins? That thing is out of control. There is a character that was teenager when the earth was made, and Mary Poppins is bananas.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    mwhitt80 said:

Have any of you read the book Mary Poppins? That thing is out of control. There is a character that was teenager when the earth was made, and Mary Poppins is bananas.

I actually read a lot of children’s fiction, but I've never read Mary Poppins. It’s now moved up my to-do list.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    @bralinator It still hurt me on Monday. I miss @JamieD 's voice on the show and was hurting for the CGS guys.

I wanted a dislike button on CGS to dislike all of Matt's posts.
  • Options

mwhitt80 said:

I actually read a lot of children’s fiction, but I've never read Mary Poppins. It’s now moved up my to-do list.
    There is a large 80 year anniversary edition of Mary Poppins with the first 4 books. You can order it on Amazon for less than $20.00
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

@bralinator It still hurt me on Monday. I miss @JamieD 's voice on the show and was hurting for the CGS guys.

I too still miss Jamie D's voice and opinions on the show.

I too still want the dislike button to return. In spite of the fact that I will probably garner quite a few points in that category.
  • Options
  • Options

mwhitt80 said:

I too still want the dislike button to return. In spite of the fact that I will probably garner quite a few points in that category.
    You'd clean up on those.
  • Options
    So has anyone been to Topps.com?
    Me either, but I read on ESPN that they started making limited run, one off cards for baseball. So i went, and It is kind of neat (they have one of Bryce Harper from the game the where he was on base 7 times without an official at-bat).
    I'm not baseball guy or a card guy, but I thought this was a cool thing to do. Plus they have some great posters.
  • Options
    Nine ovcs left
    Enter sadness,
  • Options
    I blame @Torchsong for all the money I've spent on James Owens kickstarter projects. I just got a survey and I always get excited about Owens projects.
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    I've mentioned how I'm in the process recovery from heart failure. Here's a quick story that, I believe, shows that my heart is getting better.

A guy at work went into a rant about "manifest destiny" and how "bears have a better idea on how they should live than humans".

I know it a bit of a non-sequitur, but it was a rant. And, I think that by definition rants don't have to make sense.

Anyway, I told him that I agree that bears would have a better idea on how they should live. However, I need a narrative from a bear detailing bear life and what they need to be comfortable. Then I went into how Gentle Ben could be the bears attorney and he could have an attache case made out of Clint Howard.

I've missed my mind.
  • Options
    @aquatroy keep up the recovery.

Also I'm pretty sure bear life isn't all honeycombs & salmon; if it were there wouldn't be so many bear detectives.