Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    edited March 2017
    mwhitt80 said:

Sweet Judas there was either a glitch in the system or I'm a freakin' Time Lord. I think it was the latter, and so should you.

Time Lord, it posted my message 4 times (which I edited to new messages) and moved it once. I think I am to blame for this disruption in the space time continuum.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613

mwhitt80 said:

Sweet Judas there was either a glitch in the system or I'm a freakin' Time Lord. I think it was the latter, and so should you.

Time Lord, it posted my message 4 times (which I edited to new messages) and moved it once. I think I am to blame for this disruption in the space time continuum.
    Be careful I'll go back to your middle School years and pants you in gym class.

Plus I possibly might have seen the other messages, but you will never know, so....
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511

The biggest fear with Game of Thrones books is that there will not be a conclusion to the story.

Martin has been working on the next novel in the series for seven years with no publication date yet in sight and there is still one more book supposedly after that.

Martin turns 69 this year. At this pace, if the next novel came out next year, he might finish by the time he is 78 ish.

If that happens, it happens. It won't be the first time an author that I was reading died in mid-series, it won't be the last. Personally, I'd rather know that the writer was pleased with the product than produce something to hit a date but that wasn't something of which they were proud. Far better than some of the clockwork schlock that's out there.
  • Options
    My copy of Showcase Brave and the Bold volume 2 came in today. Nick Cardy draws the best looking women. So far the artists have been A+
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    mwhitt80 said:

My copy of Showcase Brave and the Bold volume 2 came in today. Nick Cardy draws the best looking women. So far the artists have been A+

Jim Aparo shows up about halfway through.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    mwhitt80 said:

They released a 900 page omnibus of Batman Brave & The Bold material a couple months ago. Not sure if there will be a volume two.

Did you just get the Pre Batman Showcase of B&B or the Batman B&B? Are you fine with the black & white showecase? Did you skip the omnibus for the showcase to buy more fishing supplies? :smile:
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552

mwhitt80 said:

They released a 900 page omnibus of Batman Brave & The Bold material a couple months ago. Not sure if there will be a volume two.

Did you just get the Pre Batman Showcase of B&B or the Batman B&B? Are you fine with the black & white showecase? Did you skip the omnibus for the showcase to buy more fishing supplies? :smile:
    Pre-Batman? Does it start with the team-ups or does it go all the way back to the beginning with Viking Prince, Silent Knight, etc.?
  • Options
    aquatroy said:

mwhitt80 said:

Pre-Batman? Does it start with the team-ups or does it go all the way back to the beginning with Viking Prince, Silent Knight, etc.?
    I was a actually thinking of the dc archive editions which did start with the teamups in general. Showcase just did the Batman teamups.
  • Options

aquatroy said:

mwhitt80 said:

I was a actually thinking of the dc archive editions which did start with the teamups in general. Showcase just did the Batman teamups.
    That's what I thought. I keep hoping the early issues will be collected.
  • Options
    aquatroy said:

aquatroy said:

mwhitt80 said:

That's what I thought. I keep hoping the early issues will be collected.
    At least all the “Viking Prince” stories were collected (as well as the “JLA”, “Hawkman”, and “Suicide Squad” stories). But I'd like to have all the “Robin Hood” and “Silent Knight” stories too. And the “Strange Sports Stories”, which were all drawn by Infantino.
  • Options

I should have pointed that out Aparo art. I had mentioned a little earlier that I loved flipping through volume three. Aparo getting to draw The DCU is amazing.
    I don't know the artists in volume 1 but like I said it had some fantastic art in what I've seen so far
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    mwhitt80 said:

I should have pointed that out Aparo art. I had mentioned a little earlier that I loved flipping through volume three. Aparo getting to draw The DCU is amazing.
    I don't know the artists in volume 1 but like I said it had some fantastic art in what I've seen so far

Aparo is one of my favorite artists. When he died everyone almost to a person talked about how he was never the flashiest artist or the most dynamic, but that when you gave him an assignment you know it would be done completely, done well, and done on time. He drew the version of Batman that always springs to my mind when people say the name.

Speaking of, any chance TwoMorrows would do a Masters book for him sometime? Or have they and I just missed it?
  • Options
    Aparo's art looks so awesome in black and white. He's like Gene colan in that way; the black and white just brings out something special in thier comics.
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

Speaking of, any chance TwoMorrows would do a Masters book for him sometime? Or have they and I just missed it?

I’ve been working on it off and on for several years now. In fact, I'll be working on it this weekend. There's no publication date set yet though. I've had to postpone it many times for a variety of reasons, so I'm not going to promote it at all until it is completely finished.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    mwhitt80 said:

Aparo's art looks so awesome in black and white. He's like Gene colan in that way; the black and white just brings out something special in thier comics.

Truer words, etc., etc. I have a box full of photocopies of his original art, and I almost prefer reading those to the printed comics.
  • Options

Torchsong said:

I’ve been working on it off and on for several years now. In fact, I'll be working on it this weekend. There's no publication date set yet though. I've had to postpone it many times for a variety of reasons, so I'm not going to promote it at all until it is completely finished.
    You've got one purchase on date of sale. :)
  • Options
    My copy of the complete Our Valued Customers just came in the mail today.

Remember kids, @Torchsong and I have received the best comic item you will get in stores. Everything else is playing for a distant second.
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

You've got one purchase on date of sale. :)

Thanks, @Torchsong!
  • Options
    The last gong has tolled for Chuck Barris. I'm old enough to remember watching The Gong Show when it was on the air (as well as The Dating Game and The Newlywed Game). Yeah, a lot of it was staged, but I didn't know that as a little kid. And I'd still rather watch it than America’s Got Talent or American Idol or any of the other shows of that type.

And if you haven't read it, his “autobiography” is a highly entertaining read.
  • Options
    Quick question does anyone know a good place to find a checklist for DC Prestige formats.
    I've done some googling, but that didn't help. I was just wondering if you guys knew of a way to filter comicbookdb or collectorz by format or maybe just a website with that information.
  • Options

The last gong has tolled for Chuck Barris. I'm old enough to remember watching The Gong Show when it was on the air (as well as The Dating Game and The Newlywed Game). Yeah, a lot of it was staged, but I didn't know that as a little kid. And I'd still rather watch it than America’s Got Talent or American Idol or any of the other shows of that type.

And if you haven't read it, his “autobiography” is a highly entertaining read.

"CLAP"
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

Remember kids, @Torchsong and I have received the best comic item you will get in stores. Everything else is playing for a distant second.

He's not lying. This book is a must buy if you ever find it out. Fair warning - you WILL see yourself in it, for better or worse.
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

mwhitt80 said:

He's not lying. This book is a must buy if you ever find it out. Fair warning - you WILL see yourself in it, for better or worse.
    I still get my (mostly) daily dose through his Tumblr. Having worked at a comic shop for five years, reading it is a little bit like deja vu a lot of times.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    edited March 2017
    So at work for something fun to do several teams in our department were given a potato and told to dress it up. My team picked superheroes. Not 100% accurate but went with a fairly popular character

• Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
  • Options
    I've been listening to the old Flash Gordon radio serial. Yeah they're pretty cheesy. And yeah Ming the Merciless probably isn't what one would call "politically correct." But they are fun to listen to
  • Options
    I was going to tell this really great joke about sodium but I figured NA
  • Options
    Made some chicken marsala tonight.
    Marsala is made for cooking not drinking. Gahhh
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    mwhitt80 said:

Made some chicken marsala tonight.
    Marsala is made for cooking not drinking. Gahhh

I'm making goat curry for the first time. Only two scotch bonnets in the pot. Hope it doesn't blow my head off!