Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Random Bits Not Worthy of their Own Thread...

Comments

• Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    The past few Flash Gordon episodes I've been listening some of our characters have been held prisoner in the...kitchen?
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    DAR said:

The past few Flash Gordon episodes I've been listening some of our characters have been held prisoner in the...kitchen?

I haven't listened to FG for some time. Is this when Flash was being drugged by ... Fria so that he didn't remember Dale, and Dale and a Hawkman were working the kitchen?

Btw, the only thing that makes the movie crazier than the OTR is Brian Blessed chewing up film like an industrial paper shredder.
  • Options
    aquatroy said:

DAR said:

I haven't listened to FG for some time. Is this when Flash was being drugged by ... Fria so that he didn't remember Dale, and Dale and a Hawkman were working the kitchen?

Btw, the only thing that makes the movie crazier than the OTR is Brian Blessed chewing up film like an industrial paper shredder.
    Yes it was.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    I'm really looking forward to Iron Man 4: The Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man coming out this July. It looks fun!
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    edited March 2017
    The Variety review of Ghost in the Shell is good. The plot seems to be similar to Stand Alone Complex season 1, but replacing laughing man with Kuze (season 2).

Edit: I have no idea what the plot is outside of a very brief description.

Hopefully it is good; I love GitS.

I've also watched the first 2 episodes of GitS Arise this weekend. They were very good but had a very different character dynamic from previous iterations. I've got two more episodes left followed by the new animated movie.
  • Options
    Now on FG, Dale Arden and Dr. Zarkov are having a thrilling adventure chopping firewood.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Just watched the trailer to the new It movie. I'll be having nightmares tonight.
  • Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    luke52 said:

Just watched the trailer to the new It movie. I'll be having nightmares tonight.

I'm not afraid....
    :scream:
  • Options

luke52 said:

I'm not afraid....
    :scream:
    Pretty sure I am not watching that.
  • Options
    luke52 said:

Is this it?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS6t56U9tBg
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    mwhitt80 said:

The Variety review of Ghost in the Shell is good. The plot seems to be similar to Stand Alone Complex season 1, but replacing laughing man with Kuze (season 2).

I've also watched the first 2 episodes of GitS Arise this weekend. They were very good but had a very different character dynamic from previous iterations. I've got two more episodes left followed by the new animated movie.

Ugh. Apparently Ms. Kristy Puchkow at CBR hated the film - especially the perceived "whitewashing." For some reason that REALLY upset her.

http://www.cbr.com/review-ghost-in-the-shell/
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    aquatroy said:

luke52 said:

Is this it?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS6t56U9tBg
    That's actually the new trailer for Spider-Man Homecoming. Little did we know Marvel are taking the character in a wildly different direction.

P.s. It's also an absolute tune.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    I'm working WonderCon this weekend. I've met a lot of folks working cons over the years, including several celebrities, but yesterday took it to a new, unexpected level. Sophia Loren stopped at my booth. Sophia. Loren. She and her friend/assistant/handler, or whoever he was, were live streaming with fans the whole time they were there, so I didn't get to speak with her, but still. Pretty crazy.
  • Options

mwhitt80 said:

Ugh. Apparently Ms. Kristy Puchkow at CBR hated the film - especially the perceived "whitewashing." For some reason that REALLY upset her.

I've read mixed reviews since that. They seem to fall more toward the middling/I wish this was better. I'm going to get on Blu-ray when it comes out, but I don't have the time to see it in theaters.

I did rewatch speed racer while on the elliptical. I still really like that movie.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

mwhitt80 said:

I've read mixed reviews since that. They seem to fall more toward the middling/I wish this was better. I'm going to get on Blu-ray when it comes out, but I don't have the time to see it in theaters.

I did rewatch speed racer while on the elliptical. I still really like that movie.
    Speed Racer is definitely underrated... I bought the DVD for a dollar, and was blown away. I think it was largely dismissed out-of-hand, and people just avoided it based on that.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Went to see GitS in the theater. I dug it. Has a Robocop meets Blade Runner vibe to it, and felt more like an episode out of the manga than straight-up re-doing of the manga itself.

The whitewashing bs is just that...wishful hoping on the SJWs of the world who're trying to create a controversy where there is none. ScarJo does fine in the role, and Beat Takeshi owns the movie as Monkeyface.
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

Went to see GitS in the theater. I dug it. Has a Robocop meets Blade Runner vibe to it, and felt more like an episode out of the manga than straight-up re-doing of the manga itself.

Awesome. That is good to hear
  • Options
    I hate crappy web design.

I pay to get digital access to the Atlanta Journal constitution. It's a good paper, and when they screwed up the regular site two years ago. I decided I should just pay for the premium and never worry about it.

Sometime over the weekend they embedded autoplay videos into the paysite. It pisses me off, but what is worse they put the videos at the end of the article.

I thought that they had learned when they made a public apology for thier last crappy design and begged non-premium readers to try them again. Looks like they have until May to fix this before I cancel my subscription.
  • Options
    Better late than never.
    RIP Tony Romo, your career will be looked at with revisionist lens, and people will think that you mattered.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

Better late than never.
    RIP Tony Romo, your career will be looked at with revisionist lens, and people will think that you mattered.

I'm so glad the Broncos didn't throw mad cash at him.
  • Options
    R.I.P. Don Rickles

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO death!
  • Options
    edited April 2017

mwhitt80 said:

My copy of Showcase Brave and the Bold volume 2 came in today. Nick Cardy draws the best looking women. So far the artists have been A+

Did you skip the omnibus for the showcase to buy more fishing supplies? :smile:
    It's called tackle he says as pushes up his taped glasses.

And why yes I have.

For my daughter
    A princess purple 5'6 rod build kit
    Raspberry wrapping threads
    My brother builds fishing rods as a hobby, and he is building my daughter's first fishing rod. I'm supplying the parts.
    Been waiting a few weeks to write that.

After I get her rod done my next project is building a portable live bait well. I might do a video for that.
  • Options
    "Game Blouses"
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    "Charlie Murphaaaayyyy.....*POW!*"

RIP
  • Options
    "My name is now just one loud mutha-****in' sound" - CharlieMurphyyyy

"People done made up whole new words for me Hey Charlie, Charlieee, **** your couch, that now means hello"

Watched some Boondocks and an episode of Chappelle last night.
  • Options
    This new, last season of Samurai Jack has been pretty freaking terrific.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Is that an Adult Swim show now?
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

Is that an Adult Swim show now?
    Yeah. Saturday at 11:00 p.m. with a replay on Wednesday at 1:00 a.m.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Got around to seeing A Monster Calls. Good dramatic film with some interesting 2D/3D animation thrown in. However, I couldn't get over the feeling that I've heard this story before. Then it dawned on me... Joe Kelly and Ken Niimura's I Kill Giants is very similar. A little bit of a bummer, because I did some searching and principle photography began on an I Kill Giants film back in the fall of 2016. If that film ever finishes getting made, I'm sure it will be compared it to A Monster Calls and not get the attention it may deserve.