Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

A place for that most Predetermined of sports, Professional Wrestling

Comments

• Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    mwhitt80 said:

Is this right, Randy Savage is just now geting into the WWE HoF? That seems wrong.

The Macho Man and WWE had a rather public and ugly falling out when Savage left. Also the Poffo family (Randy's mother and brother) owned the rights to a lot of his pre-WWF matches so that had to get squared away. There was a lot of bad feelings between the 2 parties.
    Plus there has been the rumor that Macho Man and Stephanie Mac had a fling. Take that for what it is worth, but it has been out there for a while.
    Plus supposedly Vince was mad when Randy jumped ship to WCW and took the big Slim Jim deal with him.

Loved Raw this week. But that was because 3 indy guys I know made the show. Ambrose's shrink was LA/TX indy guy Mike Dell. And then the Acension beat up this tiny Asian guy. That was Bu KU Dao who was under a WWE developmental deal last year. Then got cut when they did a cost cutting move. His partner for the tag match,who never got in the ring,was Carlos Socorro. They used to team as Juan Direction.

• Options

Is this right, Randy Savage is just now geting into the WWE HoF? That seems wrong.

Yeah. There were a lot of issues in this, the last of which was that Randy had told his brother that he wanted the whole family to go in with him, and that was a hang up. Lanny gave an interview yesterday that he "gave in" this year in order to give the fans what they want.

• Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    dubbat138 said:

mwhitt80 said:

The Macho Man and WWE had a rather public and ugly falling out when Savage left. Also the Poffo family (Randy's mother and brother) owned the rights to a lot of his pre-WWF matches so that had to get squared away. There was a lot of bad feelings between the 2 parties.
    Plus there has been the rumor that Macho Man and Stephanie Mac had a fling. Take that for what it is worth, but it has been out there for a while.
    Plus supposedly Vince was mad when Randy jumped ship to WCW and took the big Slim Jim deal with him.

Loved Raw this week. But that was because 3 indy guys I know made the show. Ambrose's shrink was LA/TX indy guy Mike Dell. And then the Acension beat up this tiny Asian guy. That was Bu KU Dao who was under a WWE developmental deal last year. Then got cut when they did a cost cutting move. His partner for the tag match,who never got in the ring,was Carlos Socorro. They used to team as Juan Direction.

That was a great go home show for the Rumble....Except for the fact that the Rumble is on the 25.
  • Options

Yeah. There were a lot of issues in this, the last of which was that Randy had told his brother that he wanted the whole family to go in with him, and that was a hang up. Lanny gave an interview yesterday that he "gave in" this year in order to give the fans what they want.

Yeah, I read that. Nice gesture but was it a realistic possiblility for the whole family to get inducted? I'm familiar with Lanny but barely remember Angelo.
  • Options

Yeah, I read that. Nice gesture but was it a realistic possiblility for the whole family to get inducted? I'm familiar with Lanny but barely remember Angelo.
    Any hall of fame that has Koko B Ware and James Dudley can let anyone in.

Still, I can see where WWE wanted Randy to be the headliner to drive ticket sales.

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Longtime glaring omission from the "celebrity wing" of the WWE HOF: Cyndi Lauper.

She was hugely involved when Wendi Richter was women's champ, played on and helped produce The Wrestling Album (under the alias "Mona Flambe"), put Captain Lou and several other WWF wrestlers in her videos (the video for "The Goonies R Good Enough" has more wrestlers than Goonies in it!), and pretty much kicked off the whole Rock & Wrestling Connection in the 80s.

Also, you just know her speech would be awesome.
  • Options
    So did anyone catch Impact on Destination America or NJPW on AXS TV Friday night? I DVRed both to watch later.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I have not but I have read some really good things about it. I'm DVRing it because I want to check it out and see what they are doing.
  • Options
    Here's the lineup for my WWE2k15 fake PPV:
    WWE Technical Difficulties.

The difficulties are that the game capture device I bought didn't work & so this won't actually be seen by anyone....I was at least able to get my money back on the device though.

Inferno Match for the ECW World Tag Team Titles

Rowan & Harper (c) vs The Masters of the WWE Universe
    (Cesaro & Tyson Kidd)

WCW United States Heavyweight Title Match

Ryback (c) vs Jack Swagger

Tag Team Match

CGS vs The Corporate Crossover
    (Murd & Wild Pig) (Deathmate & Starblast)

WWE United States Heavyweight Title Steel Cage Match

Jay from Redlettermedia (c) vs Chris Jericho

Inaugural WWE Divas Tag Team Title Match

Rule 63 vs The Arby's Girls
    (Joan Cena & Randi Orton) (Wendee & Brenda)

Last Man Standing Match

Randy Orton vs The Man They Call James Spader

Triple Threat Ladder Match for the WWE Divas Title

Brie Bella (c) vs Trina vs AJ Lee

AWA World Heavyweight Title Tournament Final Match

Triple H vs @WetRats

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    edited January 2015

AWA World Heavyweight Title Tournament Final Match

Triple H vs @WetRats

I fear that would look something like this...

BTW: Last thread I ever expected to participate in...
  • Options
    No match for me defending the Hardcore 24/7 title? Or Taz's FTW title?
  • Options
    dubbat138 said:

So did anyone catch Impact on Destination America or NJPW on AXS TV Friday night? I DVRed both to watch later.

I have them on the DVR. I hear TNA is good except for some minor stuff, and the NJPW is GREAT, so I look forward to a lot of wrestling this weekend. May even goo to see the Steel Domain TV taping if the weather doesn't suck.
  • Options

I'm saving that for the Bottom of the Barrel show next month being held live from The World (formerly WWF New York).

By the way, what do you think your co-host Joe's reaction is going to be to the Corporate Crossover Team of Deathmate & Starblast?
  • Options

I'm saving that for the Bottom of the Barrel show next month being held live from The World (formerly WWF New York).

By the way, what do you think your co-host Joe's reaction is going to be to the Corporate Crossover Team of Deathmate & Starblast?
    HE'S GONNA PUKE!!! HE'S GONNA PUUUUUUKE!
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    Puuuuuuukkkkeeee
  • Options
    The Results are right here.

Also, at this week's MACtion Zone tapings @SolitaireRose‌ pinned Cesaro in a 6-Man Battle Royal to win the WWE Internet Title...Sadly; at the celebration afterwards, The Man the call James Spader attacked @SolitaireRose‌ destroying the line of specialty designer pies that Christina Hendricks created.
  • Options

dubbat138 said:

I have them on the DVR. I hear TNA is good except for some minor stuff, and the NJPW is GREAT, so I look forward to a lot of wrestling this weekend. May even goo to see the Steel Domain TV taping if the weather doesn't suck.
    Seems like Havok AKA Jessicka Havok is done with TNA. She just worked the newest SHINE iPPV in Florida. Maybe with Awesome Kong back Dixie figured they didn't need another big good lady wrestler. Gotta keep Velvet Sky around for some reason that no one understands.

• Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    The Royal Rumble was a poor effort from the WWE. The Lesner/Cena/Rollins match was good but the Rumble match itself was meh at best.
  • Options
    dubbat138 said:

dubbat138 said:

Seems like Havok AKA Jessicka Havok is done with TNA. She just worked the newest SHINE iPPV in Florida. Maybe with Awesome Kong back Dixie figured they didn't need another big good lady wrestler. Gotta keep Velvet Sky around for some reason that no one understands.

Well...no, they don't.

And I like Velvet. Not only is she easy on the eyes, but she works well, and can be a heel or face. Too bad that's she's too old for Vince to hire.
  • Options

dubbat138 said:

dubbat138 said:

Well...no, they don't.

And I like Velvet. Not only is she easy on the eyes, but she works well, and can be a heel or face. Too bad that's she's too old for Vince to hire.

My big issue with Velvet is she hasn't improved much since she started back years ago. And back then she was horrible. With the right opponent she can be carried to an OK match. But she really brings nothing to the ring. Plus with her having been around so long I bet she gets a bigger contract than most of the other Knockouts.

• Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    edited February 2015
    dubbat138 said:

dubbat138 said:

dubbat138 said:

Well...no, they don't.

My big issue with Velvet is she hasn't improved much since she started back years ago. And back then she was horrible. With the right opponent she can be carried to an OK match. But she really brings nothing to the ring. Plus with her having been around so long I bet she gets a bigger contract than most of the other Knockouts.

You didn't watch last week's show did you.

SPOILER ALERT! She's not getting paid any more by Dixie. I was trying to be subtle there...
  • Options

dubbat138 said:

dubbat138 said:

dubbat138 said:

Well...no, they don't.

You didn't watch last week's show did you.

SPOILER ALERT! She's not getting paid any more by Dixie. I was trying to be subtle there...
    I am about 3 weeks behind on LU,TNA and NJPW on Axcess. Keep hearing she was brought back to please Bubba Ray Dudley. Who she is supposedly dating. Who knows. I just miss the Knockouts when they had mostly workers and a few pieces of eye candy.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    How was bill simmons on commentary Monday? I didn't watch
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

How was bill simmons on commentary Monday? I didn't watch

Eh...He just sorta argued with JBL....Snoop Dog on the other hand got to team up with Hulk Hogan to fend off Axlemania.