Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

A place for that most Predetermined of sports, Professional Wrestling

Comments

• CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    mwhitt80 said:

AJ Styles has signed with the WWE. Maybe the NXT crowd will get treated to AJ vs Joe matchup. Those guys can go.

Good for AJ but this is probably 8 to 10 years too late. He is 38 with a lot of crazy bumps wear & tear. Hopefully he can have a couple of good years and make some decent money. Maybe get his Wrestlemania moment.

• RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    Actually, AJ & Nakamura are going straight to the main roster....Possibly even in the Rumble match as "surprise" entrants.
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,634

Actually, AJ & Nakamura are going straight to the main roster....Possibly even in the Rumble match as "surprise" entrants.

It would be nice, maybe a 4 man face off between Reigns, AJ, Nakamura and Joe? Leading into the rumored Joe/Reigns feud.

Is Roman walking away from the Rumble as champ?
    mwhitt80 said:

It would be nice, maybe a 4 man face off between Reigns, AJ, Nakamura and Joe? Leading into the rumored Joe/Reigns feud.

Is Roman walking away from the Rumble as champ?
    To be honest, I think it's going to be Lesanr....Then Roman beats him at Mainia.
    Years ago when Steve Austin starting doing his "What?" gimmick, I thought "I know the crowd is in to this, but it has to be annoying to some people."

Now I know I am right. I have an older coworker who does not hear very well and he said "What?" about 40 times in the course of one hour today. I wanted to drop him with a stunner.
  • Evening639Evening639 Posts: 368
    edited January 2016

Years ago when Steve Austin starting doing his "What?" gimmick, I thought "I know the crowd is in to this, but it has to be annoying to some people."

Now I know I am right. I have an older coworker who does not hear very well and he said "What?" about 40 times in the course of one hour today. I wanted to drop him with a stunner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bzB2N9xnJk

Well lots to talk about.

The Daniel Bryant retirement speech was tough to get through.

I started watching bootleg season 1 Lucha Underground and wow its different and cool. Mils Muerte is my dude.

AJ Styles in the WWE is fun, but man he is looking a little worn down.
    The 1992 Royal Rumble was great (rewatched last night), but not letting Flair celebrate post match in the ring was really bad.

Sid Justice/Vicious was a giant and jacked. He is a top 5 what if this guy got his head right for wrestling.
    @mwhitt80
    No Flair celebrating in the ring was bad but it was softened somewhat by the tremendous "With A Tear In My Eye" backstage promo. While he was in the company for little while longer, was Rumble 92 the last great Heenan WWF moment?
    @mwhitt80

Daniel Bryan/Bryan Danielson is who got be back into watching wrestling. I had really stopped watching. In was 2007ish and I had heard of ROH for a while and someone got me a DVD of ROH Glory by Honor V from 2006 with the Danielson vs Kenta match. It was amazing. Then I got a DVD of the Danielson vs Homicide match from Final Battle 06. I was hooked and for the next 5 years or so, I was back into wrestling big time.

I saw Danielson wrestle in person twice - in a four way with Tyler Black (Seth Rollins), Claudio Castagnoli (Antonio Cesaro), and Nigel McGuinness at the Manhattan Center in NYC and then again with him vs Tyler Black in Detroit.

My biggest wrestling regret is not going to Wrestlemania 30 in New Orleans.
    Ok Lucha Underground is the coolest wrestling show I've ever seen. I loved ecw at 1 am but that was a different beast. LU is awesome and cool.
    So WrestleMania 32 will feature a match between the Undertaker &......Shane MacMahon!!!
  • dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    edited February 2016
    mwhitt80 said:

Ok Lucha Underground is the coolest wrestling show I've ever seen. I loved ecw at 1 am but that was a different beast. LU is awesome and cool.

Speaking of ECW,just got ahold of the last two episode of it when it was still Eastern CW and the first 4 episodes of when it became Extreme CW. But what makes this even better is these are original airings from SportsChannel Philly. And include all the original commercials.

Gonna get caught up on Lucha Underground tonight. But have seen ep 1 of season 02 so far. Fenix vs King Curneo was a really fun match.

If I have enough time after watching the next 3 eps of Lucha Underground I am gonna watch at least Night 1 of PWG's All Star Weekend 11.
    So The Godfather is going into the Hall of fame? A professional lower midcarder. Is the hooo-train going in to help mitigate the Freebirds announcement?

Boy that would be tone def. Who is inducting the Godfather? Ron Simmons?
    mwhitt80 said:

So The Godfather is going into the Hall of fame? A professional lower midcarder. Is the hooo-train going in to help mitigate the Freebirds announcement?

Boy that would be tone def. Who is inducting the Godfather? Ron Simmons?

Maybe he swerves us and decides to get inducted as Papa Shango.
    edited February 2016
    Am I the only person that thought all the non-Godfather gimicks Godfather did were really stupid? I never liked him as a kid. The GodFather was at least entertaining and had memorable catchphrases that are still fun to use.

PreEdit: except the GoodFather, that was kind of funny.

Edit: OK I forgot he once melted The Urn down to bling, maybe if he wore that to the introduction it would start a year long fued with Taker ending at Mania 2017.
    Hayabusa died yesterday/today not sure how future time works in Japan.

That guy was wild back when he could wrestle. I remember watching him on grainy a tape back in highschool.
    The Bossman is a good one. He had a great run in the 80s/early 90s, and a decent run as the Corporate Enforcer.
    mwhitt80 said:

The Bossman is a good one. He had a great run in the 80s/early 90s, and a decent run as the Corporate Enforcer.

And he knows just how much Chihuahua to add to a recepie.
    edited March 2016
    Ughhh I have a hard time listening to Vince Russo. I'm done with listening to interviews with him.
    Here's a guy that probably did a good job writing for WWE during the "Attitude Era" and probably deserves more credit than the WWE gave him.
    But he wasn't the Savior of wrestling that he portrays himself as. "Bro, I'm not putting myself over, but I was the best and the product sucks since I 'left', and Vince/HHH/Stephanie are out of touch Bro". " Hey Bro..."
    I can't listen to this guy anymore; it's like a Vampiro interview, I just assume everything Russo says is 75% fiction to make himself sound important
    mwhitt80 said:

Ughhh I have a hard time listening to Vince Russo. I'm done with listening to interviews with him.
    Here's a guy that probably did a good job writing for WWE during the "Attitude Era" and probably deserves more credit than the WWE gave him.
    But he wasn't the Savior of wrestling that he portrays himself as. "Bro, I'm not putting myself over, but I was the best and the product sucks since I 'left', and Vince/HHH/Stephanie are out of touch Bro". " Hey Bro..."
    I can't listen to this guy anymore; it's like a Vampiro interview, I just assume everything Russo says is 75% fiction to make himself sound important

I am guessing that he blames others for the WCW mess and pretends his time in TNA never happened.
    edited March 2016
    In Russo's mind it's always someone else's fault for holding him back or trying to bury him or screwing him over.

He comes off like he's wrestling Jesus come down with all the answers. What set me off was listening to him the last two episodes of Stonecold's podcast.
    He's talking about how he will bring back all these millions of lasped wrestling fans from the 90's. I'm listening to his same old "I'm not bragging but I'm the best bro" speech he does in every podcast. I had enough.
    mwhitt80 said:

In Russo's mind it's always someone else's fault for holding him back or trying to bury him or screwing him over.

He comes off like he's wrestling Jesus come down with all the answers. What set me off was listening to him the last two episodes of Stonecold's podcast.
    He's talking about how he will bring back all these millions of lasped wrestling fans from the 90's. I'm listening to his same old "I'm not bragging but I'm the best bro" speech he does in every podcast. I had enough.

Maybe we are the wrong ones. I mean the reverse battle royal, barbed wire christmas tree, 49ers match, and (insert anything) on a pole matches were all great ideas.

Did he and Austin swap stories about what it was like to be a world champion?
    How have we forgotten that it is 3/16 all March? We should be living the Rattlesnake Life.
    Wrestlemania 8

Shawn Michaels v Tito Santano - those guys were athletic. Man if they could have wrestled while both in their primes.

Jake Roberts v Undertaker - Jake looks bigger than I remember ( Hogan comparison syndrome). Those guys can work, I always remembered Undertaker at this time as Mean Mark, nope he's turning into the Dead Man.

Hotrod is the King.I just saw a giant Horseman sign get stole by security. Bret v Hotrod was good.

FAS Forward

My man Ric Flair v. Macho Man -Flair is the Man, Spaçe Mountain in full effect (not NWA biased 25 years later). Just saw an Ex wife (think she was the one with Mexico Beach house, will explain later), Macho looks awesome. I luv these guys. Earl is slow counting me. Ric looks great in red, Macho is sharp in gold. Has Flair ever finished a top rope move (once beat Race for NWA world championship with elbow, every Flair since then has bed an homage)? Savage is King. Ric is busted wide open.

Wrestkemanias over