Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    kgforce said:

I have a theory: They are filming Batman v Superman and the Justice League movie at the same time. Like they did for LOTR.

I think we would know that too. When have two movies been made like that and the world not known it? It's never been a surprise. There's too many people (thousands) involved that have to be paid for both movies.
  • Options
    Planeis said:

kgforce said:

I have a theory: They are filming Batman v Superman and the Justice League movie at the same time. Like they did for LOTR.

I think we would know that too. When have two movies been made like that and the world not known it? It's never been a surprise. There's too many people (thousands) involved that have to be paid for both movies.
    Based on a rumor I recently read that Justice League is one of the planned earlier movies, and that Snyder is also directing it, either filmed the same time or back to back is likely.
  • Options
    mphilmphil Posts: 448
    If BvS has all of the Justice League in it does it really matter if it is titled Justice League or not?
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Planeis said:

kgforce said:

Richard Lester's The Three Musketeers and The Four Musketeers.

The cast didn't even know it was two movies.

Christopher Lee is still pissed.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    WetRats said:

Planeis said:

kgforce said:

Richard Lester's The Three Musketeers and The Four Musketeers.

The cast didn't even know it was two movies.

Christopher Lee is still pissed.
    Exactly. That was forty years ago and it changed the business forever because the cast got screwed out of a paycheck. Every major movie that films concurrently now, we know. Matrix, HP, Back to the Future 2 and 3, LOTR, The Hobit, Mockingjay.....

"During post production on The Three Musketeers, the producers realized that there was enough footage for two films and created The Four Musketeers. Most of the actors were incensed that their work on the long shoot was used to make an entirely separate film. All SAG actors' contracts now have what is known as the "Salkind clause", which stipulates how many films are being made"
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Kill Bill...though it was split for time.
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Kill Bill...though it was split for time.

Four hour movie they later decided to split. Cast contracts had to be paid later.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Has anyone seen the Affleck as Wayne photos from the scenes being filmed? So far, my biggest concerned about casting Ben has proven correct; I don't see Bruce Wayne. I see Ben Affleck. He's one of those actors that I see the actor despite what character he's playing.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

Has anyone seen the Affleck as Wayne photos from the scenes being filmed? So far, my biggest concerned about casting Ben has proven correct; I don't see Bruce Wayne. I see Ben Affleck. He's one of those actors that I see the actor despite what character he's playing.

M

That's not his fault. it's yours.

Part of the unspoken contract we make as members of an audience is putting aside our knowledge that these are actors playing roles, and accept the conceit that we are seeing the characters.

It's called suspension of disbelief, and it is something we choose to do.
  • Options
    I also don't think what one sees in stills can be compared to in the motion picture.
  • Options
    mphilmphil Posts: 448
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

M

Part of the unspoken contract we make as members of an audience is putting aside our knowledge that these are actors playing roles, and accept the conceit that we are seeing the characters.

It doesn't matter who's fault it is if it takes away from the movie.

But yo be fair it's hard to see a character from still photos.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

M

With the exception of Clooney in B&R, Reynolds in GL, & Cage in Ghost Rider, its not an issue I've had before; even with RDJ. I can disbelief most actors & actresses, but Affleck has always been one of those actors I see him & not the character.

And I don't think that's how the "it's not you, its me" bit goes!

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

And I don't think that's how the "it's not you, its me" but goes!

=))
  • Options
    Matt said:

With the exception of Clooney in B&R, Reynolds in GL, & Cage in Ghost Rider, its not an issue I've had before; even with RDJ. I can disbelief most actors & actresses, but Affleck has always been one of those actors I see him & not the character.

Gotta stop reading all those gossip magazines. ;)
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Aflecks batman is the only thing interesting me about this project.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    edited August 2014
    Matt said:

M

WetRats said:

I'm not sure it isn't sometimes casting's fault. Nick Cage as Ghost Rider was a very good recent example, as was Reynolds, Clooney, and to a certain degree I felt that way with Ed Norton in Incredible Hulk. And I can't watch the original Burton Batman without thinking Jack Nicholson the entire time the Joker is on-screen. I feel like Affleck's hiring was more about nepotism than hiring the best actor for this job.

• Options
    kgforce said:
    Actually, its quoting an old article. It's not confirmed yet.

M
  • Options

Matt said:

M

WetRats said:

I feel like Affleck's hiring was more about nepotism than hiring the best actor for this job.

Well. It absolutely was about nepotism. WB wants to stay in the Ben Affleck business. He's been writing/directing good movies for them recently, one of which won Best Picture. I believe this "stay in the Ben Affleck" business was even part of the original talk about him being announced as Batman.
  • Options

I feel like Affleck's hiring was more about nepotism than hiring the best actor for this job.

Nepotism?

Who's he related to?
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Nepotism?

Who's he related to?

nepotism
    nep·o·tism ˈnepəˌtizəm/ (noun): the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.

• Options

WetRats said:

Nepotism?

Who's he related to?

nepotism
    nep·o·tism ˈnepəˌtizəm/ (noun): the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.
    Not according to my dictionary.

"Patronage bestowed or favoritism shown on the basis of family relationship, as in business and politics."

It comes from the same root as Nephew.
  • Options
    The best arguments are always over semantics.
  • Options
    Though I have to agree with WetRats. When it involves friendship its cronyism.
  • Options
    Tomatoe Tomatto ~ let's just agree Affleck wasn't hired because he was the best actor suited for the role, it was because of his friends and connections, bias, preferential treatment, partiality... take your pick.
  • Options

Exactly!

The right tool for the right job!

Otherwise you get everyone saying "impact" because they're not sure whether to use "effect" or "affect".

Or "literally" meaning "figuratively" in the dictionary.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    WetRats said:

Exactly!

Otherwise you get everyone saying "impact" because they're not sure whether to use "effect" or "affect".

I use Collins World Dictionary... it supports my original usage. See link here.

Also supported by Encarta, Wiktionary, the Oxford Dictionary, & Princeton Wordnet. But again, why quibble?

Let's just agree Affleck wasn't hired because he was the best actor suited for the role, it was because of his friends and connections, bias, preferential treatment, partiality... take your pick.
  • Options

WetRats said:

Exactly!

I use Collins World Dictionary... it supports my original usage. See link here.
    They probably say it's OK to use "literally" wrong, too.
  • Options
    I don't disagree with it being much more properly defined as cronyism. But it was my post and it would have been accepted on any game show, trivia challenge, or scrabble, so let's move on. If you prefer to keep quibbling about it, then let me just call it "favoritism." You still haven't alluded to your thoughts on the original theory.
  • Options
    I've seen some chaps stateAffleck was hired to play Batman AND help with the script AND help with directing AND help with the DCCU's direction AND do everything for the solo Batman movie he will star.

When you state otherwise its "why else would they hire Ben with a his recent success behind the scenes?!"

M