Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The Walking Dead TV Show (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    ajcasperiteajcasperite Posts: 221
    What are they grilling? Did you see when our heroes were running thru buildings they passed a fenced in area with what looked like skulls & spines littering the floor?
  • Options
    Pretty lackluster season finale. Very much so. The most intense part was Ricks neckbit....i mean...Nail-biting experience.
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792

What are they grilling? Did you see when our heroes were running thru buildings they passed a fenced in area with what looked like skulls & spines littering the floor?

One review I read (I think it was on the Onion AV website) flat out said that at the end they realized they were in a camp of cannibals. Was this really that evident in the episode? Or is it something readers of the comic would know to look out for? Because I never picked up on it.

Neck-biting aside, it was a surprisingly low-key finale, but I think I actually preferred that. Overall, I really enjoyed this season, and felt it went a long way toward giving us some of the character development that has been lacking in previous seasons. Not everything worked, and some characters still feel flat, but I'll take the anthology format over endless episodes stuck in a prison or on a farm any day.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Posts: 308
    chrisw said:

One review I read (I think it was on the Onion AV website) flat out said that at the end they realized they were in a camp of cannibals. Was this really that evident in the episode? Or is it something readers of the comic would know to look out for? Because I never picked up on it.

While it wasn't obvious, there were clues in the flashback. Herschell said they were going to catch some wild pigs and domesticate them. Pigs in a pen = Humans in a container, and isn't there a horrible slang term for human meat - 'longpig'?
  • Options
    Is that what the powdered milk was for? Feeding them milk like veal? I have not read any of the books regarding Terminus but from what I saw it's looking like a bit of "The Road"
  • Options
    NickNick Posts: 284
    I didn't get that they were cannibals either until afterwards. I saw the bones, but i thought that was more like animal bones, it went by so fast it was hard to tell. Doesn't it seem stupid to eat humans when animals grow up faster and have more meat? It would take 20 years for a human to mature, versus how long for a chicken? Couple years?

I know it's silly to argue with fictional comic book cannibals, but I'm just saying.
  • Options
    Marathon said:

chrisw said:

While it wasn't obvious, there were clues in the flashback. Herschell said they were going to catch some wild pigs and domesticate them. Pigs in a pen = Humans in a container, and isn't there a horrible slang term for human meat - 'longpig'?
    I don't know, I stopped watching 2 eps into the season only to come back at the end because my wife, who was still watching it, didn't want any spoilers. She turned to me before the episode even started and told me she was pretty sure they were cannibals, just from what she had seen the week before.
  • Options
    Rick's last line was kinda dumb. Good episode but a little blah for last words before a long break. I miss you Hershel.
  • Options

Rick's last line was kinda dumb. Good episode but a little blah for last words before a long break. I miss you Hershel.

Well, we all know what he should have said, but the FCC would never let AMC do it.
  • Options
    chrisw said:

Well, we all know what he should have said, but the FCC would never let AMC do it.

Why not? They let both Breaking Bad and Mad Men do it. They just censored it, poorly. Plus it's cable and the language restrictions are much looser which is why IFC, another AMC network, airs everything uncensored even though it's also ad supported.
  • Options

chrisw said:

Why not? They let both Breaking Bad and Mad Men do it. They just censored it, poorly. Plus it's cable and the language restrictions are much looser which is why IFC, another AMC network, airs everything uncensored even though it's also ad supported.
    Maybe they figured censoring it would sound just as awkward? The strongest I hear in primetime these days is "shit" (which I've been hearing more and more frequently these days, but it still seems like "fuck" is avoided. I hadn't realized Breaking Bad or Mad Men had used it.
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    chrisw said:

The FCC has no jurisdiction over cable. AMC made the call on their own.

• Options

chrisw said:

Maybe not literally, but aren't they still able to make things difficult for cable networks if they choose to do so? Because I'm frequently seeing stories about networks freaking out over swearing during a live newscast, or making sure swearing or nudity takes place later at night because of certain standards implied by the FCC.

I remember during the Bush administration, the head of the FCC made some comments about making HBO, Showtime, etc, clean up their shows, and people freaking out over what it would mean for shows like The Sopranos. Nothing ever came of it, but it sounds like depending on who's running it, the FCC could still be a pain in the ass.

So, yeah, AMC's call, but it seems to be the call most cable networks make.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    Nick said:

I didn't get that they were cannibals either until afterwards. I saw the bones, but i thought that was more like animal bones, it went by so fast it was hard to tell. Doesn't it seem stupid to eat humans when animals grow up faster and have more meat? It would take 20 years for a human to mature, versus how long for a chicken? Couple years?

I know it's silly to argue with fictional comic book cannibals, but I'm just saying.

you have to go outside to find animals each time you need to get more or you can go out once and tell your food to follow the railroad tracks to your front door

and who knows, humans might be delicious

:@)
  • Options
    chrisw said:

chrisw said:

Maybe not literally, but aren't they still able to make things difficult for cable networks if they choose to do so? Because I'm frequently seeing stories about networks freaking out over swearing during a live newscast, or making sure swearing or nudity takes place later at night because of certain standards implied by the FCC.

I remember during the Bush administration, the head of the FCC made some comments about making HBO, Showtime, etc, clean up their shows, and people freaking out over what it would mean for shows like The Sopranos. Nothing ever came of it, but it sounds like depending on who's running it, the FCC could still be a pain in the ass.

So, yeah, AMC's call, but it seems to be the call most cable networks make.
    It was either on Talking Dead, or something else aired live, where the host said to the guest(s) something like, "you can swear and nothing much will happen, but it's more serious if I do."

Not live, but anyone watch Craig Ferguson's Late Late Show? Their bleeps on that show aren't bleeps, but audio clips of other things, such as odd foreign phrases.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    Krescan said:

Nick said:

you have to go outside to find animals each time you need to get more or you can go out once and tell your food to follow the railroad tracks to your front door

I've heard that they taste like chicken. Personally, I think that's part of an insidious plot and that chickens actually taste like people and the whole thing is just training our taste buds.
  • Options
    Krescan said:

Nick said:

There is really no one on the show now that I would want to eat except maybe that Rosita, she's a bit of alright. Maggie is cute but is always covered with something gross these days.

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I'm surprised that this thread stays inactive whenever the show comes back!

I haven;t seen the latest yet, but I've enjoyed the first two episodes. They were... delicious.
  • Options
    Poor, Bob. I thought for a second there he might survive. Turns out he didn't have a leg to stand on.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318

Poor, Bob. I thought for a second there he might survive. Turns out he didn't have a leg to stand on.

Thats a rather tender subject.
  • Options
    I hated to see Bob go. He could be a bit salty at times, but all in all, he had taste.
  • Options
    Wish he was around a bit longer. he could have done with a little more seasoning.
  • Options
    That episode did have some bite to it.
  • Options
    Eh, it left a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe because I was spoiled.
  • Options
    I don't think Gareth was such a bad guy. His kitchen was always open to friends.
  • Options
    I didn't appreciate Bob laughing like that at their BBQ, like he was all full of himself.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I loved Bob and I thought it was interesting the show put Bob in the same position that basically happened to Dale in the comics. The way it went down and Bob's reaction to it and then the people's reaction to what Bob told them was exactly how it went down with Dale. I liked it.
  • Options
    Beth is a dead shot, man.

speculation: I think the person in the woods with Daryl is Morgan.
  • Options
    random73 said:

Beth is a dead shot, man.

speculation: I think the person in the woods with Daryl is Morgan.

I think the person in the woods is Young Chris Rock.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Really good start but this latest ep with Beth in the hospital was really weak IMO.