Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The Walking Dead TV Show (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    Good season so far, but I'm not a fan of the splitting of the cast. Next week looks to be another whole episode without Rick and the rest of the group.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    edited November 2014

random73 said:

Beth is a dead shot, man.

speculation: I think the person in the woods with Daryl is Morgan.

I think the person in the woods is Young Chris Rock.
    Yeah from a story point of view that is the better way to go. It explains how Carol comes to be in the hands ot the "caregivers" and allows the Noah character to pass information along to the rest of the team about Beth. Then we can have The Group go in guns blazing in another epic battle destroying the few remaining humans on Earth.

(The Group, sounds like The Band. These cats should be backing Bob Dylan.)
  • Options
    I thought the episode was really weak as well. Very poorly written.

I also agree that young Chris Rock is who is with Darryl.
  • Options
    AxelBrassAxelBrass Posts: 245
    edited November 2014
    @batlaw‌, I couldn't agree more. Great season with one very poor episode we had to sit through last week. It was boring, the cinematography didn't match up with the rest of the episodes (intentional, I'm sure, but I didn't like it), and the characters were unbelievable.
    Hopefully next week gets back on track.
  • Options
    I liked this episode. It reminded me of Day or the Dead (1985). My favorite of all zombie movies (featuing a very young Greg Nicotero). Did characters act irrationally and blind to what was right in front of them? Yup. know why? becasue people act irrationally and blind to what is right in front of them. I thought Beth (in a nice job for a really young actor) got an opportunity to shine. (I was reminded of that line from Doctor Who. "How do you do that with your eyes?1 Its like they swell) We got reminded that Beth is no slouch as a marksman. We got to see a different portion of the world (not wildly different but still). There was a lot to like here. I don't have to see Rick and the main party in every episode.
  • Options
    I liked this episode too. At one point at a decent length into the episode I wondered very briefly if they would not have any walker or people kills. I liked how Beth didn't let on too much about her (our/Rick's group).

Also, seeing this "different portion of the world" seems to me to be a glimpse at what the spin-off show might be like.
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Posts: 308
    I liked this episode as a change of scenery. I like it when we get to see how other people are trying to cope in this world. We've seen quite a few different societies/systems since the show started.
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    I thought the episode was just okay. I think Emily Kinney was fine in her episode with Norman Reedus, but alongside new actors, none of whom strike me as charismatic or interesting enough to expect them to live out the season, or for that matter even the next episode set in the hospital, she seemed a little stiff.

Actually, there was one actress that stood out, Keisha Castle-Hughes, but they've already killed her off. I would have liked to learn more about that character. What a waste of an Oscar-nominated actress.

Still, I'll take this episode over next week's, which looks to be devoted to the Washington group. The notion that anyone seems to think that guy has some knowledge as to how to fix things, or that Rambo guy knows how to lead anything, Is ridiculous to me. I pity poor Glenn and Maggie being led into danger by those guys.
  • Options
    Eugene may surprise you.
  • Options
    random73 said:

Eugene may surprise you.

Interesting. I've never read the comic, though I'm about to start. I'd written him off as another dead end.
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Posts: 308
    chrisw said:

Actually, there was one actress that stood out, Keisha Castle-Hughes, but they've already killed her off. I would have liked to learn more about that character. What a waste of an Oscar-nominated actress.

Well the good news is, if you watch Game Of Thrones, you'll see her next year when she joins the cast.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Wow, it used to be that everyone to jumped all over talking about the Walking Dead. But at least here, it seems to have died down a lot.

Which is the inverse of the rest of the tv-watching public, as the ratings/audience continues to grow.

• Options
    Poor Poor Beth
  • Options
    Poor non East-Coast audience who were spoiled by AMC :p
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    This show. This freaking show. So tough to watch sometimes.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200

Wow, it used to be that everyone to jumped all over talking about the Walking Dead. But at least here, it seems to have died down a lot.

Which is the inverse of the rest of the tv-watching public, as the ratings/audience continues to grow.

At least it gets some talk here,unlike Constantine.

• Options
    dubbat138 said:

At least it gets some talk here,unlike Constantine.

I haven't seen Constantine yet (like a lot of shows, it's piled up on my DVR), but one of the highlights of seeing my family over Thanksgiving was watching the cast of the show interviewed during the Macy's Parade, having to pretend that their show hadn't (likely) been canceled. They looked like they couldn't wait for the interview to end. Really awkward...

As for the Walking Dead finale - part of me felt like it was a shame to see Beth go when they'd finally fleshed out her character. But, on the other hand, were they ever going to make us care enough about her again for her death to have this kind of impact? Unless they decided to go all in and make her a lead on the level of Carol, Michonne, Daryl, etc, there was probably little point in re-integrating her back into the show.

And, honestly, she lasted a hell of a lot longer than I ever expected.
  • Options

Poor non East-Coast audience who were spoiled by AMC :p

I'm a west-coaster. I used to be able to watch it early on a non-hd channel to avoid this stuff, but that option is gone from my cable provider, so I just don't turn on AMC until after I watch the weeks episode.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Season started out great, but this Beth storyline was weak all around imo. But her death was done well enough and had enough effect but I'm not gonna miss that character or actress. Hope the second half of the season is better.
  • Options
    I enjoyed the bait and switch last night.

Also, any New Yorkers see this article?

nypost.com/2015/02/09/is-the-walking-dead-too-diverse/
  • Options
    It's quite clear to me that only idiots are destined to survive the initial outbreak in the zombie apocalypse.
  • Options

Rupert Murdoch newspaper complains about diversity. In other news, water wet and fire hot.
  • Options
    Racist, old, rich, white guy apparently has more than enough diversity already in his life.

Typical line: "I'm not racist... I know A black guy."
  • Options

Rupert Murdoch newspaper complains about diversity. In other news, water wet and fire hot.
    Hold on now.

Fire being hot is just hearsay.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Last ep was pretty good. Well done and artsy. But odd choice for a return ep. Would rather they caught everything and everyone up to speed than focus completely on a side character. What weak way to go out too. And just when I was finally starting to like that character. Few eps earlier I couldn't wait to see him go. Shocked by the cameos.
  • Options
    That was an odd and unexpected return. A character I always wanted to like, but the show never seemed to know what to do with them. It was well done and affecting, but I feel like some more build-up was needed for all the issues presented to have an impact.

In general, I found this whole return low key. Was I just not watching AMC enough or visiting the right websites? Because I honestly didn't know it was back until it showed up on my DVR. Usually I can't avoid knowing when it's back on. At the very least, my wife or co-workers are counting down the days, but even that didn't happen.
  • Options
    I didn't know it was back until so done in Facebook excitedly posted about in an hour or so before the premiere,
  • Options
    I have a neighbor who texts me a countdown everyday beginning a week or so out. :-)
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Hey, remember when this used to be a thing? :pensive:

I assume some of us are still watching it, but there's not much to write about.

For me, I listen to three podcasts For it, so I guess I have nothing left to write about or something :p
  • Options
    I still love the show and comic. Since this is a spoiler ok thread... Glenn lives so that you know what can happen (are we not allowing spoilers here for the comics?)