Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Flash

Comments

• Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820

To me, I don't view it as gold, but more of a gold-like (worthless) substance.

Yeah, that was my take on it too.

Well, originally they were going to call her Pyrite Pirate, but that just sounded stupid.
    Did she get a name during the episode. If not:

Pyrite Princess or Princess Pyrite
    Fool's Gold Floozy (that's unnecessarily harsh)
    Golden Gun Moll
    The Bedazzler!
    Midas' Daughter
    ooooo shiny
    Alchemy
  • Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    edited March 2015
    Here's a little history on Captain Cold:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWKwuw0cDNc

And on a completely random note: I saw Stan Lee talking a walk through Beverly Hills today! This happened about 10 min. after I toured an exhibit at the Paley Center/TV Archive that had a selection of famous writers' typewriters - including Jerry Siegle's. Other typewriters were owned by John Lennon, Ernest Hemingway, John Cheever, Greta Garbo.

I am in town for the TCM Film Fest
  • Options
    JaxUr said:

I saw Stan Lee talking a walk through Beverly Hills today!

Don't know why, but I read that and thought it sounds like it should be part of the lyrics for "Werewolves of London."

"I saw Stan Lee taking a walk in Beverly Hills today ... and his hair was perfect!"

• Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    edited March 2015
    Stan's hair was perfect. He looked exactly like you'd expect Stan Lee to look. He was wearing a light brown sweater despite it being 80 plus degrees. It was a surreal moment.
  • Options
    TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    edited March 2015
    I saw Stan Lee drinking a pink colada at Trader Vics.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    He's supposed to be up here in Seattle this weekend for ECCC, but I haven't yet laid eyes on him.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

He's supposed to be up here in Seattle this weekend for ECCC, but I haven't yet laid eyes on him.

Better stay away from him
    He'll rip your lungs out, Jim
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    Loved the Cold v. Barry face-off. Just wondering how you create criminal empire without killing anyone?
  • Options
    Question. The Rogues were a factor because Cisco was not dead and was available to make the weapons in this timeline?
  • Options

Question. The Rogues were a factor because Cisco was not dead and was available to make the weapons in this timeline?

Because with the Weather Wizard caught, he didn't have an excuse to miss his brother's party, so he wasn't out drunk and depressed later to get picked up.
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited March 2015
    Can I just say, time travel clearly makes no sense in this universe. (Not that most time travel stories make sense). So in the Weather Wizard episode, past Barry briefly sees future Barry traveling backwards, which implies Barry came back in time then. But he didn't, because events still played out so that he'd go back in time.

Then he DOES go back in time, sees the incident from future Barry's perspective. But once he arrives in the past, there is no past Barry?!? Ok, so he travelled back along his own timeline essentially regressing himself 24 hours. That's the only explanation as to why there aren't 2 Barry's running around in the Rogue episode.

But we know that when he goes to save his mother, child Barry and adult Barry are in the same place at the same time! So what happened to the Barry from the Weather Wizard episode who never had to travel in time during the Rogue episode?
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited March 2015
    Actually, there is one other explanation for everything... Past Barry and Future Barry are not the same person! They are from parallel dimensions and accidentally crossed over to each other's universes when they met in the speed force. Now there is a domino effect of Flashes hopping one dimension over, leaving one Central City to be destroyed by the Weather Wizard and without a Flash, and another with the Rogues as a major criminal force.
  • Options
    Of course, that doesn't work either, unless the Central City is destroyed universe is erased once Barry leaves it, or a version of him eventually returns to it to ensure he and Reverse-Flash become enemies, and goes back in time to save his mother to ensure his creation...
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200

Can I just say, time travel clearly makes no sense in this universe. (Not that most time travel stories make sense). So in the Weather Wizard episode, past Barry briefly sees future Barry traveling backwards, which implies Barry came back in time then. But he didn't, because events still played out so that he'd go back in time.

Then he DOES go back in time, sees the incident from future Barry's perspective. But once he arrives in the past, there is no past Barry?!? Ok, so he travelled back along his own timeline essentially regressing himself 24 hours. That's the only explanation as to why there aren't 2 Barry's running around in the Rogue episode.

But we know that when he goes to save his mother, child Barry and adult Barry are in the same place at the same time! So what happened to the Barry from the Weather Wizard episode who never had to travel in time during the Rogue episode?

Actually, there is one other explanation for everything... Past Barry and Future Barry are not the same person! They are from parallel dimensions and accidentally crossed over to each other's universes when they met in the speed force. Now there is a domino effect of Flashes hopping one dimension over, leaving one Central City to be destroyed by the Weather Wizard and without a Flash, and another with the Rogues as a major criminal force.

Of course, that doesn't work either, unless the Central City is destroyed universe is erased once Barry leaves it, or a version of him eventually returns to it to ensure he and Reverse-Flash become enemies, and goes back in time to save his mother to ensure his creation...

@-)
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Because with the Weather Wizard caught, he didn't have an excuse to miss his brother's party, so he wasn't out drunk and depressed later to get picked up.
    And he was in Star Labs safe and sound and they couldn't find him I guess too.

• Options

WetRats said:

And he was in Star Labs safe and sound and they couldn't find him I guess too.

They had to wait for a better time to snag him, but he was killed before they had a chance.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

It's a Speed Force thing. Don't overthink it.*

This episode was establishing how time travel works in this universe. As long as they stay consistent from now on, I'm cool with it.

*Who am I kidding? Why else does this forum exist, except for overthinking stuff like this?

• Options
    WetRats said:

It's a Speed Force thing. Don't overthink it.*

This episode was establishing how time travel works in this universe. As long as they stay consistent from now on, I'm cool with it.

*Who am I kidding? Why else does this forum exist, except for overthinking stuff like this?

That's the problem! They've already been inconsistent! Either he replaces his past self or he exists in the same space as his past self. We've seen both. If it was just one I wouldn't have a problem, though Reverse-flash going back to way before he's born means it should be the latter. I'm sticking with the time travel+alternate dimension theory and just have to accept that everyone we've been watching except Barry right now is probably dead.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    So I'm very confused now...

We have one more episode this season? Or what? I thought they had four more episodes to go and that was three episodes back...but now I see the finale is May 17th?

Also...good lord last night's episode was just in-fricking-SANE!
  • Options
    More episodes will air on the following dates...

April 14th, 21st, and 28th
    May 5th, 12th, and 19th

I don't understand the random ass hiatus for two weeks until we get a new episode but hey, that's the CW for you.
  • Options

May 5th, 12th, and 19th

I don't understand the random ass hiatus for two weeks until we get a new episode but hey, that's the CW for you.

Both Flash and Arrow, I don't know about other CW shows, nor other networks, are off next week, but then wrap up the season of 23 episodes each with 6 and 5 episodes respectively. This is possibly because it is Holy Week (Christian/religious thing). I look at the Wikipedia page every couple weeks.

I can't wait for this next one because it's title is "All Star Team Up".

Last night's episode's flashbacks were confusing and hopeful that Wells might not really be such a bad guy, but alas... Well, the real Wells sure seemed like a really good guy.
  • Options

I look at the Wikipedia page every couple weeks.

I do the same thing. Despite the fact that it's wikipedia, it's usually the best source for that information. I mark it down on the calendar so I know when to watch what (or what I missed the night before that I need to go download).
  • Options
    "That's debatable. And we'll have that debate."
  • Options

May 5th, 12th, and 19th

I believe a part of that is to allow the studio to get caught up on the production. Each episode takes (I believe) slightly longer than a week to actually film and insert the sfx. The sporadic breaks keep them from butting up against the Dreaded Deadline Doom.

Plus the occasional holiday weeks @luckymustard mentioned, when they like to broadcast the appropriate holiday programming, if any.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    So the dude from Banshee is Eobard, eh?
  • Options

Plus the occasional holiday weeks @luckymustard mentioned, when they like to broadcast the appropriate holiday programming, if any.

Or they know that they can't compete with some religious shows/movies like The Ten Commandments.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820

Or they know that they can't compete with some religious shows/movies like The Ten Commandments.
    Ah, The Ten Commandments. Perhaps the greatest "Unintentionally Funny" movie ever made.

• Options
    Banshee what!?