Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Flash

Comments

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    I loved how much scenery Hamill was given to chew.

I loved the reference shots of him in costume from the old Flash series and his costume in the lair.

And I LOVED how much time he got to take between us knowing he was going to say "The Line" and him actually saying it.

I'd be willing to bet that he had way more fun reprising this role than he did as Luke Skywalker. (Though I guess the check was probably a bit smaller.)
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    rebis said:

Ah, The Ten Commandments. Perhaps the greatest "Unintentionally Funny" movie ever made.

Thank God (pardon the pun) I'm not the only one out there who thinks this...

E.G. Robinson as Dathan is one of the greatest roles ever set to screen. "Where's ya Moses, now, see?" (Billy Crystal does it best)

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586

Banshee what!?

Never mind. I made a mistake.

Last thing I actually saw this guy in was Boardwalk Empire.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

I loved the reference shots of him in costume from the old Flash series and his costume in the lair.

And I LOVED how much time he got to take between us knowing he was going to say "The Line" and him actually saying it.

I'd be willing to bet that he had way more fun reprising this role than he did as Luke Skywalker. (Though I guess the check was probably a bit smaller.)

You can tell Hamill had a blast.

And may have snuck a little Joker into the voice.
  • Options

WetRats said:

You can tell Hamill had a blast.

And may have snuck a little Joker into the voice.
    I'd say there was always a little Trickster in his Joker voice...
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Torchsong said:

rebis said:

Ah, The Ten Commandments. Perhaps the greatest "Unintentionally Funny" movie ever made.

Thank God (pardon the pun) I'm not the only one out there who thinks this...

E.G. Robinson as Dathan is one of the greatest roles ever set to screen. "Where's ya Moses, now, see?" (Billy Crystal does it best)

I KNOW!

Anne Baxter has become my favorite part of the movie. Vamping it up while wrapped in gauze and chewing through more scenery than a herd of sheep. There had to be points during filming that my man Yule had to be thinking, "What the hell is she doing?"
  • Options
    RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    The past few episodes have been incredible. I'm hoping we can get the real Harrison Wells back - with some kind of time stream fixing - so that he can stay in the cast. He's just too good. Plus - the "real" Eobard actor looks so much like the Eddie actor. And that's a good thing.
  • Options
    Fun tidbit: Tom Cavanaugh played the father of Matt Letscher (the real Eobard Thawne)'s character in flashbacks on another Greg Berlanti created show, Eli Stone!
  • Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    RepoMan said:

The past few episodes have been incredible. I'm hoping we can get the real Harrison Wells back - with some kind of time stream fixing - so that he can stay in the cast. He's just too good. Plus - the "real" Eobard actor looks so much like the Eddie actor. And that's a good thing.

I had been concerned that we would lose the character because he's the villain but yeah this could work out nicely. I don't feel good about what could happen to Eddie.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    Great show and so glad we are getting a second season..
  • Options

RepoMan said:

I had been concerned that we would lose the character because he's the villain but yeah this could work out nicely. I don't feel good about what could happen to Eddie.
    I'm worried about Joe or Henry. One of them isn't coming out of this alive. I could see the timeline adjusting for Barry's mom by killing one of them. Or Henry sacrificing himself for Nora since Joe is already a father figure.

• Options
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    Thought the "All-Star Team Up" episode was just OK. I like Ray and Felicity and I thought Ray & Cisco had a few good moments. But it seemed like not much happened.

Slight Spoiler Alert
    Is this the first non-meta villain on Flash (The Bug-Eyed Bandit)? The part was so small that I felt like the producers hired her just because they felt bad she had died on The Walking Dead.

I am glad Ray mentioned "shrinking" things... hopefully the Atom ends up with that ability sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    kgforce said:

Thought the "All-Star Team Up" episode was just OK. I like Ray and Felicity and I thought Ray & Cisco had a few good moments. But it seemed like not much happened.

Slight Spoiler Alert
    Is this the first non-meta villain on Flash (The Bug-Eyed Bandit)? The part was so small that I felt like the producers hired her just because they felt bad she had died on The Walking Dead.

I am glad Ray mentioned "shrinking" things... hopefully the Atom ends up with that ability sooner rather than later.

They hinted at shrinking things on Arrow, when Ray explained how he would get rid of his tumor.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    kgforce said:

Is this the first non-meta villain on Flash (The Bug-Eyed Bandit)?

No. Neither Captain Cold nor Heat Wave -- or the Golden Glider, for that matter -- were meta. They just had super-weaponry. Or Captain Boomerang, for that matter, though he actually appeared on Arrow.

• Options
    kgforce said:

Slight Spoiler Alert

Trickster?
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326

kgforce said:

Is this the first non-meta villain on Flash (The Bug-Eyed Bandit)?

No. Neither Captain Cold nor Heat Wave -- or the Golden Glider, for that matter -- were meta. They just had super-weaponry. Or Captain Boomerang, for that matter, though he actually appeared on Arrow.

Duh... oh yeah!
  • Options
    I love the direct Iron Man angle they are playing. Hilarious how obvious it is. And how much of a hit the character was in my household.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
  • Options

Awesome.

I can never get the photos to post within the body of my message. What am I doing wrong? Here's the preview of the final 4 Flash episodes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wizgWShdG-U
  • Options
    Sent you a message @JaxUr
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    JaxUr said:

I can never get the photos to post within the body of my message. What am I doing wrong?

If you're using a computer browser (not mobile), you should also have a "Preview" button that will give you the chance to view your post before you submit. Also, file extensions have to be .JPG or .GIF and be available from a public source (for example, I don't believe that private photos will show up).

I'm sure @bralinator covered the photo link icon in the comment editing tool bar just above the comment box. FYI to anyone not privy to @JaxUr's private messages. ;)

:-B
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Let's try this:

When you want to post a picture, you click the picture icon above the text box of the message. It is the 6th item from the left and looks like an old Polaroid icon (I'm old).

A new window or box will open up asking you to enter the Image URL.

This url is the address where you will find the picture. It is much easier if you've already copied this beforehand.

For example:

1: find a photo already online - any website photo or image.

2: For Safari; Apple users;
    Right click on the picture and select «copy the picture address» (or similar..)

Windows PC users;
    Right click on your picture and select properties. Inside properties you will find «address»
    This is the url; copy this string

Alternatively, when you right click on a picture in some browsers there will be a selection called «Copy Image Location». By clicking that, you store the URL in your memory.

This will then give you a string (url) something like this;
    http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/comicsalliance.com/files/2014/08/CA_KirbyMM1.jpg

note: It needs to end in .jpeg or .jpg or .png or .gif to work.

3: This url string will be copied to your computers memory; you don't actually see it.

4: Now, back to the message boards you go. Post your comment, and click the little Polaroid icon.

5: When it pops up asking for the image URL, right mouse click and select Paste when the window or box pops up here on the message board.

• Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    @bralinator --Wasn't trying to be cheeky. I just figured some forum members would benefit from such knowledge too. Cheers!