Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Flash

Comments

• Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I guess we'll see. It looks like from the preview, Barry might alter history.
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    Torchsong said:

1) We got the Ring. I hope Cisco was paying attention. I was alone in a room and I still screamed out a "YEAH!" when that happened.

2) The dude from Prison Break *is* Snart. He's absolutely the perfect nemesis for Barry, and I'm hoping Season 2 gives us a Rogues story or two.

3) That final battle was amazing. Like a few others on here I figured they were saving that one for the last episode but I'll take this.

With Cold moving to DC's Legends of Tomorrow, I'm worried we won't see to much of him in Flash.

2 things:
    First, I thought this was the finale and I was soooo disappointed by it. Now seeing there is one more episode I actually thought this was pretty fun and exciting. A great penultimate chapter to the season.
    Second, am I the only one who can't remember the eye beam guy? I have absolutely no recollection of him.
  • Options
    I remember him but I don't remember how he got his powers.
  • Options
    CageNarleighCageNarleigh Posts: 729
    "Eye beam guy" is from an episode of Arrow from this season. Ollie and company (mostly Ray) have to deal with a meta and when they defeat them they (well, Ray) take him to the lockup in Central City.
  • Options
    That's right. That's where Ray had to fight solo for the first time.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I haven't watched Arrow since season 1(not including the crossover episode this season). I'm surprised how often characters from that show end up on Flash.
  • Options
    I don't think it's so surprising when you have the same creators on both shows. Also, Flash came out of Arrow.
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

I don't think it's so surprising when you have the same creators on both shows. Also, Flash came out of Arrow.

Oh, I get that..I guess I should have said it seems a little one sided.

• Options
    I kind of like it. Shows that it's a shared Universe but it doesn't happen as much as it sounds.
  • Options
    Of course I just read a tweet that says Oliver calls in his favor for tonight's Arrow finale...shows the Flash..lol guess I'll have to watch :)
  • Options

"Eye beam guy" is from an episode of Arrow from this season. Ollie and company (mostly Ray) have to deal with a meta and when they defeat them they (well, Ray) take him to the lockup in Central City.

Ah, that explains it. I don't watch Arrow.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Mr_Cosmic said:

THE RING!

Geekgasm moment

THE RING!

THE RING!

THE RING!
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

jaydee74 said:

Oh, I get that..I guess I should have said it seems a little one sided.
    Flash is kinda too powerful for the Arrow stories. They've gotta use him sparingly.
  • Options
    jkkeller914jkkeller914 Posts: 58

As several mentioned, he was from Arrow. It's Deathbolt.

• Options

Now that I've had time to think about it, I'm a little annoyed they didn't make that clear in the episode. I don't have any intention of watching Arrow (or probably any of the other DC shows coming up) and I shouldn't have to to understand what's going on in the episode I'm watching. I'm not saying they shouldn't cross over or have connections, I'm just saying that a single line of exposition would have been helpful. I spent so much time trying to figure out who he was that I missed a lot of what was going on in the trailer. It took me out of the moment.
  • Options

Now that I've had time to think about it, I'm a little annoyed they didn't make that clear in the episode. I don't have any intention of watching Arrow (or probably any of the other DC shows coming up) and I shouldn't have to to understand what's going on in the episode I'm watching. I'm not saying they shouldn't cross over or have connections, I'm just saying that a single line of exposition would have been helpful. I spent so much time trying to figure out who he was that I missed a lot of what was going on in the trailer. It took me out of the moment.
    What was to understand?

He was a metahuman.

He shot energy bolts out of his eyes.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    edited May 2015
    WetRats said:

What was to understand?

He was a metahuman.

He shot energy bolts out of his eyes.

(Been waiting to use this one, so, thank you!)

Thanks,

;)

Yeah we get that. But for those of us not watching Arrow (including my whole family), we were left wondering who that was. I recognized Doug Jones, the actor (Abe Sapian), but couldn't remember which Flash episode he was from. Just a simple role call for exposition's sake in this episode would have helped just a smidge.
  • Options
    fredzilla said:

Just a simple role call for exposition's sake in this episode would have helped just a smidge.

I disagree.

There was exposition aplenty already in this episode.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    WetRats said:

fredzilla said:

Just a simple role call for exposition's sake in this episode would have helped just a smidge.

I disagree.

Sure, but nothing for who Deathbolt was. And that is the original argument. Agree to disagree.

Granted, I'm not as well versed in DC as I am in Marvel, but as a comic fan, if I didn't know who it was, I'm sure there are plenty of viewers who had no idea either. Even after looking at IMDB and seeing his name, I couldn't figure out who he was. I had to look to see what episodes Doug Jones appeared in. It only listed Episode 22 as his Flash appearances. That's when I figured out it was the series, not me.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    WetRats said:

fredzilla said:

I disagree.

I just couldn't figure out how I missed an episode with a guy who shot lasers from his face. Which took me out of the moment, which means I was spending time not enjoying everything as much as I could. They had time to lay a Green Lantern Easter egg, but nothing to explain something actually happening in the show?
  • Options
    RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    We were left wondering who that was as well. With all the Arrow-name dropping, they could've thrown in a simple "Deathbolt is Arrow's villain, after all" - or something to that effect.
  • Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    edited May 2015
    Greg Berlanti interview on KCRW's The Treatment podcast:

http://www.kcrw.com/news-culture/shows/the-treatment/greg-berlanti-the-flash-and-arrow

Plus: Here's a preview of Berlanti's next DC hero series Supergirl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm46-envrHo
  • Options
    If there is a crossover with Supergirl and either Flash or Arrow, I think it could be a lot of fun. Especially if it's with the Flash.
  • Options
    I am so glad they finally addressed the complete illegality of the metahuman imprisonment.
  • Options
    I was wondering when they were going to get around to that. I wonder if we'll ever see a superhuman prison for next season.
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

I was wondering when they were going to get around to that. I wonder if we'll ever see a superhuman prison for next season.

Perhaps now they can start handing them over to ARGUS. (Or some other, better-run, less malevolent organization we've yet to encounter.)
  • Options
    I'm hoping it's the later. I like ARGUS but I don't need to see all of these guys on the Suicide Squad although it could be interesting.
  • Options
    luckymustardluckymustard Posts: 927
    They could do the supervillain prison from Kingdome Come! Which was The Hall of Doom, the Legion of Doom's HQ from Super Friends!
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

THE RING!

Geekgasm moment

THE RING!

THE RING!

THE RING!
    My... Precious....