Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Flash

Comments

• Options

Next is interesting. Could this be a glimpse at Earth Three Barry Allen/Johnny Quick? Aka the crime syndicate?

Huh, neat idea.

I didn't even consider that Jay Garrick's helmet was from an alternate Earth, but I like that a lot more than what I'd thought of myself, which was that the JSA had existed on TV Earth-1 but somehow everyone forgot they existed.

Tom Cavanagh is returning, but that doesn't necessarily mean Thawne will in Wells' body. If the timeline changes again or Barry starts going to alternate Earths, we might get a good Wells. I find it interesting that Thawne was unaffected by his changes to the timeline. I guess he had some ideas about what he could change without endangering himself.
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    Great Finale. A very interesting take on Cisco's powers I think it will be very useful going forward because I think that Black Hole at the end will serve the same purpose for the 2nd Season that the Accelerator did for Season 1. It will bring in a hole bunch of characters from Alternate Time Lines that they will have to stop.

And I think one of them will be Killer Frost and Caitlin won't turn evil herself I think the Killer Frost will be from a Time Line that Caitlin got powers And Cisco didn't.

A lot of very emotional scenes. The ones with Joe where great and the scene that really got me was Barry with his Mom the moment Future Barry told our Barry no I knew it would be some very sad stuff.

Jay Garrick's Helmet was very awesome and Barry flying through the portal to smash Eobard in face made jump off my couch. Sad that Barry couldn't beat Eobard himself but the sacrifice Eddie made was huge.

And the worm hole opening back up does anyone else think that it didn't just open on it's that someone else made it open? And that cliffhanger was brutal but let's be honest Barry has to somehow survive otherwise how could he be with Ollie talking to the Legends Of Tomorrow people?
  • Options
    mphilmphil Posts: 448
    Am I the only one who rolled my eyes when Scientist Caitlin Snow didn't know what a singularity was?

That's one of those moments in the writers' room where someone says "we need to explain to the audience what a singular is" and someone responds "have the woman ask". Done and done.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Mihawk said:

Great

And I think one of them will be Killer Frost and Caitlin won't turn evil herself I think the Killer Frost will be from a Time Line that Caitlin got powers And Cisco didn't.

And the worm hole opening back up does anyone else think that it didn't just open on it's that someone else made it open? And that cliffhanger was brutal but let's be honest Barry has to somehow survive otherwise how could he be with Ollie talking to the Legends Of Tomorrow people?

If I was a betting man I'd say Barry gets sucked into the black hole and finds himself in another dimension(timeline, whatever). I agree about your thoughts on Killer Frost. I'm guessing Barry will use the Speed Force to hop "worlds" from episode to episode. It could also be where he's gone all season doing this but to the people of his earth he was only gone a few minutes..which explains why he's with Ollie and the LoT.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    mphil said:

Am I the only one who rolled my eyes when Scientist Caitlin Snow didn't know what a singularity was?

That's one of those moments in the writers' room where someone says "we need to explain to the audience what a singular is" and someone responds "have the woman ask". Done and done.

"Have the Life Sciences person ask."

Not everything is sexist.
  • Options
    luckymustardluckymustard Posts: 927
    WetRats said:

mphil said:

And as a Life Scientist she could have been confused by the use of the term singularity because of its other definition concerning when AI becomes smarter than humans, and cyborgs are common, and dogs and cats living together, etc.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    The real takeaway from all this?

Me: "Aw wow...Cisco's gonna be Vibe! Neat!"
    Wife: "Who's Vibe?"
    Me: "This really lame superhero from the Justice League Detroit."
    Wife: "Wait. There was a Justice League in Detroit?"
    Me: "Yeah. It was lead by Aquaman and had Vixen, Zatanna, Vibe, this other new hero named Gypsy...and they were based out of Detroit, because that's what you do when your leader has water powers...you go inland along one of the Great Lakes, right?"
    Wife: "That...sounds awful!"
    Me: "Oh, it was!"
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

The real takeaway from all this?

Me: "Aw wow...Cisco's gonna be Vibe! Neat!"
    Wife: "Who's Vibe?"
    Me: "This really lame superhero from the Justice League Detroit."
    Wife: "Wait. There was a Justice League in Detroit?"
    Me: "Yeah. It was lead by Aquaman and had Vixen, Zatanna, Vibe, this other new hero named Gypsy...and they were based out of Detroit, because that's what you do when your leader has water powers...you go inland along one of the Great Lakes, right?"
    Wife: "That...sounds awful!"
    Me: "Oh, it was!"

I love the fact that they took up the challenge of making Vibe a character we could be excited about.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    edited May 2015
    mphil said:

Probably one other person did. :p

I didn't find anything to be wrong with it.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    WetRats said:

I love the fact that they took up the challenge of making Vibe a character we could be excited about.

That given, I expect there to be tons of ribbing about his name.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

mphil said:

She would have learned it as a requirement for her 101 classes regardless of what her major was, if not in high school.
  • Options
    mphil said:

WetRats said:

mphil said:

She would have learned it as a requirement for her 101 classes regardless of what her major was, if not in high school.
    Astronomy is a required class for pre-Med?
  • Options

WetRats said:

mphil said:

And as a Life Scientist she could have been confused by the use of the term singularity because of its other definition concerning when AI becomes smarter than humans, and cyborgs are common, and dogs and cats living together, etc.
    If she was confused she would have said "what do you mean by singularity" no "what is a singularity".

Let's stop making excuses, this is just lazy writing. They wanted to spell it out to the audience (this is a network show) but didn't bother coming up with a good way to do so. So they gave the line to the woman.
  • Options
    mphil said:

WetRats said:

mphil said:

If she was confused she would have said "what do you mean by singularity" no "what is a singularity".

Let's stop making excuses, this is just lazy writing. They wanted to spell it out to the audience (this is a network show) but didn't bother coming up with a good way to do so. So they gave the line to the woman.
    They gave it to the least nerdy character in the room.

Who happened to be female.
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    mphil said:

It didn't occur to me... I've always assumed she was medical doctor. Have they ever said what her degree is, if not an M.D.?
  • Options
    kgforce said:

I squinted, but I let myself let it go because she's some kind of biological doctor. Really, though, she could have said something like, "Singularity? Like a black hole?" I mean, she works in S.T.A.R. Labs. Even if she never learned it in school, it's reasonable to think she might have heard it at some point.
  • Options
    fxmattfxmatt Posts: 78
    Just wanted to chime in here and say this was one of my favorite shows this year. With all the possible storylines it can take from here I can see nothing but more goodness. The only think that would ruin it for me would be if it had more people that can use the speed force. I think that's what ruined the comic for me in pre-flashpoint.
  • Options
    I think the black hole if they want is a perfect way of adding Supergirl to this universe and Superman. Because if Supergirl is connected to there universe then you think there would have been a mention of Superman already existing?

So the Wormhole is perfect excuse of bringing him in as established in there world because Flash could change time by traveling in the Wormhole and result is another timeline where most stuff isn't different but some stuff i.e. Superman is.

And if they do this to bad they got Brandon Roth as Atom because he probably would have done Superman on a TV show.
  • Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
  • Options
    Actor Teddy Sears (Masters of Sex; American Horror Story) has been cast as Jay Garrick in season 2 of The Flash. Here's a 2014 interview with Sears if you're unfamiliar with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHSwcuEfdAM
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited July 2015
    They also announced Wally West in S2.
  • Options
    The trailer at the end the first thing I thought of was Cobalt Blue and that it will probably be a Eddie.
  • Options
    edited July 2015