Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Flash

Comments

• Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    Each week this show impresses me, and makes me wonder how the upcoming film can even come close to matching how enjoyable the small-screen version is. I would love to see the films take a similar approach, albeit with bigger budgets and a-list talent.

And it's not because of all the easter eggs. They could leave those out, and we'd still be left with a solid storyline and characters developed well enough to make me actually give a damn about them.
  • Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    edited October 2015
    If you are enjoying the parallel earths storyline on The Flash, you may want to check out the new plot that's begun in the Dick Tracy comic strip:

http://www.gocomics.com/dicktracy/2015/10/18

In this world Tracy seems to be the big crime boss and the Pruneface is the Chief of Police!
  • Options
    Anyone catch the Scanners reference on last nights episode?
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    JaxUr said:

If you are enjoying the parallel earths storyline on The Flash, you may want to check out the new plot that's begun in the Dick Tracy comic strip:

In this world Tracy seems to be the big crime boss and the Pruneface is the Chief of Police!

I don't read comic strips these days, and the only contact I have with them is a handful of blogs devoted to mocking them, but it's nice to see a strip as old as Dick Tracy actually shake things up and try to stay relevant. The art and the writing make it look like a strip that's actually trying, as opposed to so many that seem content to coast.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794

Anyone catch the Scanners reference on last nights episode?

Yep. First thing I said when it happened. Good ol' Michael Ironside.

I like how they're setting up Cold's appearance in Legends of Tomorrow. And Steins.

Also my wife screamed when you-know-who emerged out of the wormhole. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic10Mpsxd2c

Also according to imdb, Wally West shows up next week.
  • Options
    chrisw said:

JaxUr said:

I don't read comic strips these days, and the only contact I have with them is a handful of blogs devoted to mocking them, but it's nice to see a strip as old as Dick Tracy actually shake things up and try to stay relevant. The art and the writing make it look like a strip that's actually trying, as opposed to so many that seem content to coast.
    Right now, Dick Tracy is the very antithesis of Apartment 3-G.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    edited October 2015
    I am not familiar with the history of King Shark but I was happy to see him still. That is so cool. Best episode of the season so far. New Firestorm, great storyline with Joe having a son and it being Wally, and we got Earth-2 Harrison Wells.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I'm loving season 2 so far. I love the inclusion of Jay and the new Firestorm is pretty awesome. I can't wait to see Wally.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Spoiler Alert: This Australian teaser for the upcoming episode "The Darkness and the Light" reveals the identity of Dr. Light. It's not a great quality clip but it all makes sense if you've been watching this season.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZspHS3Gn2E
  • Options
    Very cool but is it me or are a lot if not al of the people Zoom is sending Barry's way actually heroes? Atom Smasher was a hero. He was on a team with Jade. the female Doctor Light if I'm not mistaken was on the Justice League, right?
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

Very cool but is it me or are a lot if not al of the people Zoom is sending Barry's way actually heroes? Atom Smasher was a hero. He was on a team with Jade. the female Doctor Light if I'm not mistaken was on the Justice League, right?

What if they aren't "good guys" on their earth? What if we're really seeing earth 3?
  • Options
    ...oh. But wait. Jay Garrick from Earth 2 is telling Barry about these guys. Wouldn't they all be from the same Earth if Jay knows them?
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    In this recent episode we find out Zoom took Jay's Speed Force away. So I have theory that maybe Zoom isn't really a Speedster but he really is Parasite and he can only steal the Speed Force.

I know he's a Superman villain but I don't think the CW cares about that.
  • Options
    Spoilers Enter Zoom.
    Great episode of the Flash. Zoom destroyed Barry but it is kinda disappointing having already seen LoT trailer so we know Barry isn't paralyzed for long.
  • Options
    It could be years. Legends of Tomorrow could be set five years from now. Or what we've seen with Barry could be them time travelling five years into the future.
  • Options
    TravisTravis Posts: 35
    So who is Zoom? My money is on Earth 2 Barry or his Dad.
  • Options
    edited November 2015

It could be years. Legends of Tomorrow could be set five years from now. Or what we've seen with Barry could be them time travelling five years into the future.

It's not that's all I say don't want to spoil you. And I don't even know specifics but I know something pretty awesome is about to happen on both Flash and Arrow.

And plus if you remember in Arrow they flash forward 9 months and Barry is walking there.
  • Options
    mphilmphil Posts: 448
    Did they really have to pick Professor Zoom as the season 2 big bad? Is there not enough Flash rogues that they needed to go back to a speedster villain?
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    So glad to see prof stein leave. He was getting annoying and the show was starting to seriously lag for me. Nothing but a group if uninteresting "brainy" characters standing around talking made up science dialog every episode.
    I also didn't care at all for the new firestorm kid.
  • Options
    mphil said:

Did they really have to pick Professor Zoom as the season 2 big bad? Is there not enough Flash rogues that they needed to go back to a speedster villain?

That's why I'm more hoping he'll be Parasite then I actually think he will. But I don't think he's simply going to be another Speedster.
  • Options
    batlaw said:

Nothing but a group if uninteresting "brainy" characters standing around talking made up science dialog every episode.

"Made up science dialog"? You DO realize that while, yes, most of these metahuman power explanations are taken to extremes, they ARE based in actual science and scientific theory right?

As for the science not involving metahumans, like the Parallel Earths...that is also ACTUAL science. For example; when Stein mentions the "many worlds theory" when Jay shows up, that is the actual name for it. Parallel universes may have had their START in science fiction, but physicists the world over are starting to think that Parallel universes aren't just POSSIBLE, they're likely FACT.

I recommend checking out Michio Kaku's book highlighting the specifics of parallel realities and how it would work. It's an INCREDIBLY interesting (if dense) read (I'm about halfway through it myself).

So "made up science dialog" is a little unfair. If we're talking about the liberties taken with the real world scientific theories and applications...I mean...it IS a TV show about superheroes...

As for the rest of it...I can see your point. Something (though I'm uncertain WHAT exactly) has been off this season for me. It's still my favorite show, but it just feels....different. I can't put my finger on it just yet...
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing Grodd again.
  • Options
    Flash was pretty awesome. The ending was fantastic and I hope they follow-up on the ending.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Two words: Gorilla City. *drops mic*
  • Options
    I was so excited to see that. I mean really very awesome. I'm curious to see how Carter is introduced into the show.
  • Options
    He's just gonna swoop in and make Kendra remember/realize who she is.
  • Options
    Oh, I hope there's more to it than that. Seems like she already knows from what I've seen in that major crossover in December. At least that's what I got from it. Maybe I'm wrong but so looking forward to that crossover event.