Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Flash

Comments

• Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    The first part of the Legends was excellent. The interactions was just outstanding.
  • Options
    Topic for discussion:

Does it seem to anyone else that Barry's brilliance is being superseded and shelved in favor of the intellect of people like Cisco, Caitlin, Dr. Stein, "Harry", Jay, etc?

In addition to his daily job as a forensic analyst, we were told he also majored in physics and chemistry (in episode 9 of the first season). I feel like we should be seeing Barry contribute more, scientifically, to team Flash. Not enough to negate the need for the other characters of course. Just enough so that we don't lose a key part of what makes up the character of Barry Allen in favor of more "Flash".

I understand that this is most definitely a nit pick. I ADORE this show. I mean, they made a telepathic Gorilla COOL and they're not stopping there (Tar Pit anyone?) but I don't think that absolves it of any potential legitimate criticism.

NOTE: I'm not saying we've NEVER seen Barry contribute. I'm saying we haven't seen him as involved in that respect as he rightfully SHOULD be.
  • Options
    What you're saying is actually something I had thought about. I would like to see Barry use his intelligence a bit more as well. I wish he could think some things out as well and not always rely on Cisco and Kaitlyn. What I want more than anything though is for Barry to start coming up with "Flash Facts". I really want that.
  • Options
    I think he did something "sciencey" the other night and I thought "Oh yeah Barry knows stuff too!" It's kind of like Peter Parker until recently.
  • Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    I never contemplated a time when I'd see all these DCU characters on my TV screen during 1 season:

Flash (Barry Allen), Flash (Jay Garrick), Vibe, Atom, Grodd, Captain Cold, Golden Glider, Heat Wave, Weather Wizard, Trickster, Wally West, Rip Hunter, Firestorm, Zoom, Reverse Flash,Green Arrow, Black Canary, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Red Tornado, John Constantine, Supergirl, "James Olsen," Cat Grant, Bruce Wayne, Jim Gordon, Lucy Lane, Catwoman, Riddler, Penguin, Ra's al Ghul, Vandal Savage, Arsenal, Speedy, Mr. Freeze, Hugo Strange, Vartox, Live Wire, Anarky, and some more I must be forgetting.

And to top this we have a movie trailer this week with the big 3!!
  • Options
    It's rather awesome.
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    edited December 2015
    I have a theory that's probably wrong but I don't think we've seen Jay and Zoom together yet? Other then when he was explaining how he got pulled through the portal to Earth 1. But he could have been lying about that.

So maybe Jay is Zoom? I mean he goes away right when Zoom shows up an destroys Barry.

And also a lot of people think it's Henry? And it would make sense because they may have given a hint when on the News in Earth 2 it said Robert lived while Ollie died. And also People think they have matched Henry's eyes to Zoom.

But honestly I wish it wasn't another Speedster in season 3 I feel like they have to make real effort to have a different kind of villain then someone who's fast. Because it's just speedster overkill st this point. Barry, Eobard, Zoom, Jay, and Wally eventually.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I almost thought Welles was going to inject himself with the serum...
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    I just finished season 1. Thought it was great now going to use various methods to watch season 2.
  • Options
    Mihawk said:

I have a theory that's probably wrong but I don't think we've seen Jay and Zoom together yet? Other then when he was explaining how he got pulled through the portal to Earth 1. But he could have been lying about that.

So maybe Jay is Zoom? I mean he goes away right when Zoom shows up an destroys Barry.

We have seen Jay and Zoom together. It's the flashback that shows how Jay came from Earth 2 to Earth 1. Jay and Zoom were fighting each other and Zoom was about to kill Jay when Jay was sucked into the vortex so I don't think it could be Jay.

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    jaydee74 said:

Mihawk said:

We have seen Jay and Zoom together. It's the flashback that shows how Jay came from Earth 2 to Earth 1. Jay and Zoom were fighting each other and Zoom was about to kill Jay when Jay was sucked into the vortex so I don't think it could be Jay.

It would be a slap in the face for fans of Jay, but it could be him if you accept that the flashback was a lie Jay told.

I don't think it's Jay, I think it may be Barry's (alternate universe) dad. I can't think of any other explanation for how quickly they shuffled him off after he got out of jail. Him being Zoom isn't an explanation for that, it just seemed so weird that I've got a strange feeling it served a purpose other than they had only signed the actor to one season and needed to renegotiate or something...

:)
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

Mihawk said:

I know that's why I said in my comment "Other then when Jay is explaining how he got to Earth 1" Because that scene is him explaining how he got there so he could be lying. It would be kinda like a Usual Suspects things where the scene is there to fool the viewer.

I'm not sold that Jay is Zoom. I mainly thought it up from this past weeks episode where he doesn't want Barry to take the serum to go faster. I thought maybe there's more to this then him just seemingly wanting to protect Barry.

I to at this point think it makes more sense that it's an Alternate Version of Barry's dad but I wouldn't be surprised if Jay ended up being Zoom.
  • Options
    I think Jay not wanting Barry to take the serum has more to do with him not trusting Harrison's inventions more than Jay being Zoom.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if John Wesley Shipp is under the mask for Zoom. I have nothing to base this on other than that the producers may see this as a way to make him a speedster again (the Earth 2 Henry Allen?).
  • Options
    S2ep9 Spoilers

- It was a OK episode not great. Mark Hamill is great as always but there are something's in this episode that where frustrating and there things that have been frustrating with the series overall.

Like Barry not telling Patty when people like Captain Cold know and your girlfriend does not it's just cliche and lame storytelling. If literally everyone else didn't know then maybe I'd have less of an issue with it.

And another thing that is frustrating is how Barry can be as fast and slow as the story dictates him to be. Like how Patty shot him with this rope gun out of know where and he can't dodge. While last episode Savage throws all these knifes out of know where and he can catch them.

Seeing Wally for the first time is cool but I never read the New 52 Wally so this Wally is not my Wally. But seeing Zoom and Wells talk about "fattening" Barry up gives me hope that Zoom is maybe a Parasite.
  • Options
    I liked this episode. I think Patty was able to shoot Barry with the rope gun because he honestly wasn't expecting it and he was surprised that she was capable of doing it. I liked the introduction of Wally. Not the Wally I grew up with and I don't read the New 52 Flash but so far, I'm finding this interesting and I like the idea that this Wally is Iris' younger brother. It makes sense considering how old the characters in this show. Looking forward to seeing more of this. I'm very much enjoying everything this show is doing.
  • Options
    FYI: In case you missed it: Flash TV co-creator Andrew Kreisberg is interviewed in a fun 2 part installment of Kevin Smith's Fatman on Batman podcast:

http://www.smodcast.com/channel/fatmanonbatman?audio=103
  • Options
    And now Kevin Smith will be directing an episode later this season.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Season 2 Episode 10 Spoilers -

I thought this episode was without question the worst episode of the series imo. Say what you want about Smallville but they knew how to do Season Premiere episodes good and coming back from Christmas break episodes good and Flash does not.

I thought the villain was awful and was to much villain of the week for me. And Barry not telling Patty the truth up to this point has been my biggest problem with this season and now out of nowhere Patty is leaving? If she really is gone then there was absolutely no reason for her to be on the show in the first place.

Wally is going to take me getting used to because I didn't read New 52 Wally. But the only interesting part is the very end with Eobard but still not good enough to make think this episode is worth watching ever again.
  • Options
    Mihawk said:

Season 2 Episode 10 Spoilers -

I thought this episode was without question the worst episode of the series imo. Say what you want about Smallville but they knew how to do Season Premiere episodes good and coming back from Christmas break episodes good and Flash does not.

I thought the villain was awful and was to much villain of the week for me. And Barry not telling Patty the truth up to this point has been my biggest problem with this season and now out of nowhere Patty is leaving? If she really is gone then there was absolutely no reason for her to be on the show in the first place.

Wally is going to take me getting used to because I didn't read New 52 Wally. But the only interesting part is the very end with Eobard but still not good enough to make think this episode is worth watching ever again.

Thought this was one of the best episodes. All the actors have really found their grooves. The dialogue doesn't feel as stiff as it did early on. There have been freak of the weeks all along, but a decent mix of developing baddies.
  • Options
    Mihawk said:

And Barry not telling Patty the truth up to this point has been my biggest problem with this season and now out of nowhere Patty is leaving? If she really is gone then there was absolutely no reason for her to be on the show in the first place

At least one reason... It teaches Barry to be honest about his identity.

He didn't tell her, yet she still got used by the villain.
  • Options
    I think the reason why I didn't like the Turtle is because of the convenience of the storyline. We need to slow down Zoom. You know there just happens to be this Villain who has slow powers that's stealing all kinds of stuff that we just haven't taken down yet.

• Options
    Mihawk said:

I think the reason why I didn't like the Turtle is because of the convenience of the storyline. We need to slow down Zoom. You know there just happens to be this Villain who has slow powers that's stealing all kinds of stuff that we just haven't taken down yet.

Eh, I actually liked this idea. I mean it's not like they invented him out of whole cloth, he's an actual DC villain. I thought it was kinda funny that it turns out Cisco has been hunting for him forever and everyone knew about it, except Barry.

• Options
    I enjoyed the episode. I also liked the idea that this was a villain that Cisco was trying to find forever as well. I'm a bit bummed about Patty. I really liked her and Barry together and I'm just assuming that this Wally is 100% based on the New 52 version because I don't recognize this Wally West in the least. Other than that, I'm still really digging this show.
  • Options
    Loved last night's episode even though it makes my head hurt trying to follow all the Reverse Flash timeline stuff.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Enjoyed last night's episode (more Thawne-y goodness) but really glad to see Patty go. She served her purpose...to bring the point home to Barry that he really needs to stop sharing his identity with people...but I never really liked her character.
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

Enjoyed last night's episode (more Thawne-y goodness) but really glad to see Patty go. She served her purpose...to bring the point home to Barry that he really needs to stop sharing his identity with people...but I never really liked her character.

I liked her a lot. And they will only not reveal Barry's identity to people when it's convenient for the story like with Patty and Iris last season. But everyone else well know just like with Ollie on Arrow.

Barry finally beat another Speedster in a fight and it was a cool fight. And the Hunter Zolomon bombshell was insane.

One of my who Zoom is theories? Was Jay but I didn't even consider Earth 1 Jay/Hunter. I don't think Zoom is Hunter I think that was them setting up something else down the road.
  • Options
    Time-travel on this show makes me lol. Zero rules. Testament to the show's fun that it doesn't bother me.