Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: Flash

Comments

• Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    Spoilers.

So Zoom is Hunter and Hunter just made up the name Jay Garrick? So he could have a hero persona and a villain persona?

So my original idea that he had made up his fight at the beginning of the season was like a Usual Suspects kind of thing to fool us the audience? Wish I had stuck with my original idea.

I will say it was stupid that Barry gave Zoom his speed after they got Wally back. He should have just fought him he was at least as fast as Zoom if not faster.

Also when Zoom said his past self was OK with getting killed didn't fit because that episode that happened Zoom seemed like it was a mistake?

And the mystery of the guy in the Iron Mask is even more intriguing because I don't think he's another Jay/Hunter anymore.

• Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    My thoughts right now is that the guy in the Iron Mask is actually Jay Garrick and that Hunter stole Jay's identity or it's Max Mercury.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    The more I think about this episode the more I'm 50/50 on weather I liked it or not?

On the one hand the Flash and Zoom stuff was cool and I'm OK with them making it that Jay/Hunter was bad all the time.

But the explanation of there being a past Hunter and him being the one that died makes no sense.
    Because shouldn't have present Hunter have died to when his past self died? Like with Eddie and Eobard.

And the fact Flash didn't try and fight him at the end after they got Wally back is stupid. Clearly just a forced way of them delaying there final fight.

And also I don't like they didn't mention Barry going to Supergirl's Earth. You think Barry being able to go to a different Earth would have been relevant considering that they where trying to come up with a way to go to a different Earth?

There where some cool moments but I don't know if it makes the very obvious flaws with episode go away.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Mihawk said:

There where some cool moments but I don't know if it makes the very obvious flaws with episode go away.

Sounds like a fair response to so much of DCE's output these days. Flash is still the top tier of the lot, imo.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Slight spoilers.

My wife and I were trying to figure out how Zoom was able to go back and forth through the the portal when Sisco only opened it that once. He traveled there with Wally and back with Wally. Huh?

Also, I'm looking forward to the episode where Wells is able to make due in his promise to wipe the smug look off of Zoom's face (if it even happens). The way he said it just made it seem like he'll get a chance.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Pretty week episode. Really pretty lame.
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    I said to myself during the episode, "That's your plan? That's the dumbest plan ever."
  • Options
    I really wish the Jay/Hunter that got killed would have just been a shape shifter or something instead of a past Hunter.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    edited April 2016
    How it should have ended...
    Zoom returns Wally. Harrison points gun at zooms face. Harrison blows his stupid head off.
    Or, Barry could've would've should've just I dunno, did something... anything to zoom when he caught him.
  • Options
    I have a small theory that Zoom's dad at the start of the episode his wife says "I don't know who you are right now? But your not my husband" Maybe that was this "Darkness" that Zoom can't hold back?

Maybe it like infected his dad and made him kill his wife then it moved on to Zoom?
  • Options
    TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    So, Henry Allen revealing that his mother's maiden name was "Garrick" means ... what, exactly?

• Options
    luckymustardluckymustard Posts: 927
    And I'm pretty sure that I know both of, at least one that I'm 100% sure of, my parent's mother's maiden names. So him revealing it to Barry seemed pretty odd.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    It's funny. I was going to type something very similar until I realized ... I don't think I know either of my grandmother's maiden names.
  • Options
    CageNarleighCageNarleigh Posts: 729
    Jesse Quick and Wally West, two speedsters for (literally) the price of one.

Can't wait.

Also, love how they stuck relatively close to Wallys origin. Barry "became" the bolt of lightning that turned Wally into the Flash.

• Options
    I can't wait to see Wally and Jesse use their speed. I'm also interested to see if Henry plays a part in stopping Jay. Or Zoom. Or Hunter. Or whatever his name is.
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377

And I'm pretty sure that I know both of, at least one that I'm 100% sure of, my parent's mother's maiden names. So him revealing it to Barry seemed pretty odd.

I don't know my father's mother's maiden name. If she died before Barry was born, maybe it never came up.
  • Options
    If anyone sees a "who's who" breakdown of Zoom's "Legion of Super Villains" (my name) from the end of last night's episode please post a link to it here.
  • Options
    Just saw it called "The Legion of Zoom." No more calls, we have a winner.
  • Options
    I'm curious about that too. Although the group will be led by The Black Siren (Earth 2 Black Canary)
  • Options
    Henry saying he's sticking around for good ... kiss of death, amirite?

We then find that the man in the mask is Earth-2 Flash, aka Jay Garrick, aka Henry Allen's doppleganger, aka Barry's newest dad, amirite again?
  • Options
    Haven't listened to it yet, but Kevin Smith's "Fatman on Batman" podcast just dropped a new episode this morning featuring Teddy Sears (Zoom) and Zack Stentz, the guy who wrote last night's episode.
  • Options
    Pretty good episode I just can't take the stuff with Barry and his mom lol. Jessie definitely has the speed force not sure about Wally yet? But there going to need all the Supers they can to beat Zoom's army.

I thought the Girder side of the story wasn't that good.

Henry is definitely a dead man walking lol.
  • Options
    TravisTravis Posts: 35
    This felt like a filler episode. And its way to close to the end of the season for that.
  • Options
    I'm not sure I agree. I thought this episode where Barry is inside the speed force was a great turning point for Barry. It's the first time we see the speed force in this manner and it was helping Barry get through some tough memories in order to get his speed back. I was hoping that we'd see that by doing what the speed force asked Barry to do, I thought we would see him get faster. I thought it was a good progression for this season because all season, we're seeing Barry needing to get faster to fight Zoom and I thought this could have shown us that.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Spoilers.

Episode was interesting but that ending is so cliche and you saw it coming a mile away so really nothing creative regarding that.

Keeping Earth 2 Laurel and the other Earth 2 villains around is cool. I actually really would like to see Earth 2 Laurel's interaction with Ollie and them mainly Ollie. Because I'm assuming Earth 2 Ollie died on the shipwreck and I'm wondering what kind of relationship Earth 2 Ollie and Laurel had? And maybe him dying is what turned her evil maybe?

The Wally and Jessie stuff is interesting because it seems like they have no powers but there's no way at least Wally won't have them. So I'm wondering if maybe they need to touch each other for some reason for them to activate? Almost like Wonder Twins lol.

But it was an OK episode made it kinda underwhelming because you knew last episode that the outcome of this episode would happen.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Season Finale spoilers.

I didn't think it was that great of a Finale. The entire first half was a giant waste of time. Them locking Barry up was Stupid and there plan for beating Zoom made zero sense.

Where gonna send Zoom to Earth 2 and close the breaches for good how exactly? Zoom can open breaches at will how can you stop that? And it didn't seem like it took Zoom that long to recover from those darts they stabbed him with. Which I'm assuming was them making Zoom not able comeback immediately?

But it was still not that long after there's no way they could have stopped the breaches before that. All it actually was for them to fill time tell like the last 15 minutes of the show which was the only rewatchable part of this Finale imo.

The race was lame the time remnant was interesting but Zoom getting taken out Ghost style was also lame and just a way of not really dealing with Zoom so he can comeback eventually.

Finding out the guy in the mask was the real Jay and that he is Henry's doppelganger was cool. But it felt like they built that up to much for him to not do anything.

The only really exciting part is the ending and them doing Flashpoint I'm betting this will lead to Supergirl being in the Arrow Flash verse.

A very weak finale imo season 2 was great but that finale wasn't good. The last 5 minutes being awesome doesn't make the rest of that episode good.
  • Options
    I disagree. I thought the finale was great. I loved how they wrapped up Zoom. I loved the visual of the Flash remnant dying like he did in Crisis on Infinite Earths. I loved how Henry Allen was actually Jay Garrick from Earth 3. I loved Jay's real Flash costume and I loved the ending. I cannot wait to see what happens next season with Barry saving his mom. So much can happen and it's so exciting. Loved the episode.
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

I disagree. I thought the finale was great. I loved how they wrapped up Zoom. I loved the visual of the Flash remnant dying like he did in Crisis on Infinite Earths. I loved how Henry Allen was actually Jay Garrick from Earth 3. I loved Jay's real Flash costume and I loved the ending. I cannot wait to see what happens next season with Barry saving his mom. So much can happen and it's so exciting. Loved the episode.

Same.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Help an old confused man who can't always figure out the wibbly-wobbly timey wimey stuff...

So, this Flash went back, saved his mother, and another Flash disappeared that was there. Which Flash was that? And does this negate the entirety of season 2? I'm not doing a good job of explaining this to the wife...mainly because I can't figure it out.

Enlighten me, those of you who got what was happening there. What are the implications moving forward?
  • Options
    luckymustardluckymustard Posts: 927
    There were now three Barry Allen Flashes in that room nearly at the same time.