Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

What did you buy today?

Comments

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    Amazon has more marvel omnibus for sale. I just got a new xforce omnibus for $25.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    mwhitt80 said:

Amazon has more marvel omnibus for sale. I just got a new xforce omnibus for $25.

Full disclosure: this is the Liefeld X-Force, so you get what you paid for (or not depending on how you look at it.) :D

However, Ultimate Spider-Man and Untold Tales of Spider-Man are both around $40. ;)
  • Options
    fredzilla said:

However, Ultimate Spider-Man and Untold Tales of Spider-Man are both around $40. ;)

Those sir have been on my shelf for a while. I decided to get them shortly after untold tales was released. ;)
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    mwhitt80 said:

fredzilla said:

Those sir have been on my shelf for a while. I decided to get them shortly after untold tales was released. ;)
    I'd love to get that Ultimate SM Omnibus, but I have almost all of the trades and I have the entire run in floppies. Maybe once I'm making a little more moolah...
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    comiXologising like crazy - just got me The Unwritten #1 - 24 (or the first 3 trades) for less than 24 bucks.

And over at Dark Horse digital I got me https://digital.darkhorse.com/profile/1947/

soooo much too read for soooooo little :D
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Robots In Disguise #25
    All-New X-Men #22.NOOOOOWW!!!!!
    Bravest Warriors #16
    Bart Simpson #88
  • Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    edited January 2014
    Batman #27
    All New X-Factor #2
    Betty & Veronica Double Digest #220

Matthew
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    from c_m_Xol_gy

High Crimes #6
    Jennifer Wilde #1
    Arcane Secrets #1
    OneNation: Old Druids
    Coven #1
    ReincarNATE #1
    C.U.P.I.D.S. #1
    The Adventures of Alibi Jones #1
    Good Samaritan: Unto Dust #1
    Tart
    The Dead #1
    The Holy One

• Options
    Fallout: J. Robert Oppenheimer, Leo Szilard, and the Political Science of the Atomic Bomb

DEAL OF THE DAY
  • Options
    ELFQUEST SPECIAL: THE FINAL QUEST
    For generations, the elves sought a safe haven against all who would do them harm. But the dream that Chief Cutter and his Wolfriders fought and died for may be the very thing destroying them. The skills that helped them survive the harsh world are fading, and the growing threat of a tyrant obsessed with exterminating all elves makes for a disastrous brew that must surely boil over.

Winner of the Golden Pen Award from the Young Adult Advisory Committee!

An oversized prologue to the Elfquest: The Final Quest series!

Marking thirty years of Elfquest action and adventure!

"One of the most important works in American Fantasy."—American Library Association

"Wendy Pini is probably the most influential female cartoonist of a generation."—Ninth Art
    a mere 0.99 for 63 pages of awesome fantasy B-)
  • Options
    I wish darkhorse would reprint elf-quest in that large size from back in the 90s. I can't remember who the publisher was back then I just remember seeing those collections everywhere (elf quest was one of the first trades/hardcovers I remember seeing).
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    LCS:
    FF #16
    All-New X-Factor #2
    Hawkeye #16
    Doc Savage #2
    Batman '66 #7

DCBS:
    Scribblenauts #1
    All-New Invaders #1
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741

Fallout: J. Robert Oppenheimer, Leo Szilard, and the Political Science of the Atomic Bomb

DEAL OF THE DAY

Fallout is excellent, as are most of Jim’s books. My wife (who nearly went to grad school for Nuclear Engineering) owns three original pages from the book. We have them framed in our downstairs hallway.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

I wish darkhorse would reprint elf-quest in that large size from back in the 90s. I can't remember who the publisher was back then I just remember seeing those collections everywhere (elf quest was one of the first trades/hardcovers I remember seeing).
    Father Time Press put those out. I have several of them, though I personally prefer the DC Archive volumes better.

I was a big fan of the original EQ series, but it lost me when they attempted to become a franchise during the 90's with several related titles by other creators. I don't think they quite understood that as cool as the EQ concept and adventures were, it was EQ by Wendy Pini that had the real magic; everything else felt like fan fiction.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    My girl and I were hanging out down on the Delmar Loop in StL and stopped by a comic shop called Star Clippers. I just want to say it is a great shop. It is clean, well laid out, has a huge all-ages section and courteous staff that offered to assist with whatever. But here is the bit that stunned me. The lovely young lady that worked there suggested a title I'd never heard of. A new Image title called Deadly Class by Rick Rememder and Wes Craig. I bought it just on her suggestion and you know what? It was pretty great.
  • Options
    Guardians of the Galaxy #11.Now..NO WAIT!..No!.. NOW!!!!
    Adventure Time 2014 Special
    Bravest Warriors Annual 2014
  • Options
    The "Second week of snow in the Deep South, WTH!" Edition

Superman #27
    Saga #18

Matthew
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    Black Science #2-3
  • Options
    X-Factor by Peter David The Complete Collection vol.1. This consists of the 5 issue maddrox series and the first 12 issues of X-Factor. This thing is fantastic! I laughed, I read passages aloud, I clapped my hands...this is great comics.
  • Options
    Also the fight between Scott and Jean in All New X-Men 22 is great. 2 issues a month for almost an entire year and consistently the most fun comics I read every month.
  • Options
    The "Finally, no more snow" Edition

Action Comics #28
    Detective Comics #28
    Fables Deluxe Ed. Vol. 8 HC (MR)
    Fairest #23 (MR)

Matthew
  • Options
    The "Please, no more snow" Edition

More Than Meets The Eye #26
    Adventure Time: Flip Side #2
  • Options
    Star Wars #14
    Robots In Disguise #26
    All New X-Men #23
    Deadpool #23
    FunKo Pop Arthas
    FunKo Pop Illidan
  • Options
    It was all Vertigo for me at the LCS:

Astro City
    Royals: Masters of War.
  • Options
    Today is another geek adjacent day for me
    I got some Munchkin expansions & my wifes valentines day gifts: a Cricut Cuttlebug (a sewing thing I think, she asked for me to buy it) & the card game Gloom (+some expansions, Gloom is a suprise).

I also got with the last of my holiday cash I purchased OGRE.
  • Options
    mwhitt80 said:

Today is another geek adjacent day for me
    I got some Munchkin expansions & my wifes valentines day gifts: a Cricut Cuttlebug (a sewing thing I think, she asked for me to buy it) & the card game Gloom (+some expansions, Gloom is a suprise).

I also got with the last of my holiday cash I purchased OGRE.

Gloom is pretty fun. My 14 year old asked for it. Local store has been sold out for a while.
  • Options
    I went to amazon for it.
    My wife has been wanting it since she first saw it at a game/yo-yo/icecream shop (it's as cool as it sounds) down in Tallahassee a few months ago. With the new baby I couldn't get away to go down there. I'm ready to play it.
  • Options
    The "Battle w/ no power for 17 hours & freezing my buns off in my apt" Edition

BATMAN #28
    FATALE #20 (MR)
    ALL NEW X-FACTOR #3
    SHE-HULK #1 Hearts

Matthew
  • Options
    @mwhitt80 A Cricut machine? Your wife scrapbooks, doesn't she? We have one of those kicking around the house, too.
  • Options
    LCS:
    Josie and the Pussycats Toon Tumbler
    X-Factor (vol. 1) #s 73-75
    The Fly (Impact) #s 1 & 2

DCBS:
    She-Hulk #1
    She-Hulk by Dan Scott Complete Collection Vol. 1

eBay:
    Flash: The Return of Barry Allen TPB