Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Supergirl TV Series Discussion

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

Matt said:

I wonder if Helen Slater is available? Still the best Supergirl.

M

No love for Laura Vandervoort?

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100920033703/smallville/images/7/70/Laura_VandervoortSM7.jpg
    She's kind of a two-face ("like the Batman villain?!"). I follow her on Twitter & some of her photos she looks good, others...not so much.

Ultimately, though, I bought Slater's version more. It lacked the CW character tainting.

M
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    random73 said:

rebis said:

"But now, at age 24, she decides to embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be."

Could there be some backlash at a 24 year old woman being called Supergirl?

That IS a bit of a faux pas.
    Recently, I've seen many stories about feminism on the various news feeds I follow. I might be a bit sensitive to the subject.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    That could work. Loved her in "V".

• Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    rebis said:

"But now, at age 24, she decides to embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be."

Tough call, but a good point. I do like the idea of her having a stepsister...that's something we haven't seen on the comics side of things so it might be nice to have a new take on things.

Maybe they just decided not to go the whole Dawson route and have 30-year olds playing 18?
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

rebis said:

Tough call, but a good point. I do like the idea of her having a stepsister...that's something we haven't seen on the comics side of things so it might be nice to have a new take on things.

Maybe they just decided not to go the whole Dawson route and have 30-year olds playing 18?
    Maybe Chloe will be coming back.

M
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Matt said:

Torchsong said:

rebis said:

Maybe Chloe will be coming back.

M
    Don't say that like its a bad thing! lol. If she played her cards right he could be my friend...
  • Options
    RepoManRepoMan Posts: 327
    I would think there would need to be a lot more that would go into the decision of casting someone in a lead TV role than just "standing in Times Square for 4 hours". Haha.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    According to The Sun actress Gemma Atkinson is in the running to play Supergirl. While I can appreciate her... talent and ability, I don't think she has the right look for a Supergirl.

• Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

According to The Sun actress Gemma Atkinson is in the running to play Supergirl. While I can appreciate her... talent and ability, I don't think she has the right look for a Supergirl.

I think I would agree. Perfectly suitable for Power Girl though.

This is being widely reported, but FWIW, the Sun is a tabloid and not everything they report is accurate.

• Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    Mr_Cosmic said:

I had no idea who she is... looked her up. Yikes!

I agree, not the right look. And probably a little too old. She's 30.

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586

Mr_Cosmic said:

I think I would agree. Perfectly suitable for Power Girl though.

This is being widely reported, but FWIW, the Sun is a tabloid and not everything they report is accurate.

Power Girl, sure.

Although she reminds me of the "actress" in Supergirl XX for some reason.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    kgforce said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

I had to do research as well. The picture in Wikipedia wasn't that. I scoped out boobpedia following that bikini picture. With her enhancements to 34F, she's definitely more suited for Power Girl.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

kgforce said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

I had to do research as well. The picture in Wikipedia wasn't that. I scoped out boobpedia following that bikini picture. With her enhancements to 34F, she's definitely more suited for Power Girl.

M
    Is it pronounced Gemma with a hard "G" or Jemma with a soft "g"?
    She is a bit old for Supergirl.
    I like the Power Girl idea. She's a Brit, right? Can she do an American Accent?
  • Options
    I was just checking out Ms Atkinson's twitter page. She is surprisingly athletic.
  • Options
    kiwijasekiwijase Posts: 451
    Matt said:

kgforce said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

M
    Your dedication is appreciated.

• Options
    kiwijase said:

Matt said:

kgforce said:

Mr_Cosmic said:

M
    Your dedication is appreciated.

No stone unturned!

M
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    rebis said:

Why must a Kryptonian have an American accent?

• Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    I'm not a Glee-watcher, but I'm down with this decision. They've been throwing up photo after photo of her and I'm confident she can look the part.

Keeping hopes high and expectations low.
  • Options
    @Matt: Bad news--It's gonna be a procedural.

At the TCA press tour earlier this month, CBS entertainment chairman Nina Tassler told critics the new Warner Bros.-produced series version of Supergirl will be a crime procedural (naturally). “The beauty of it is now with shows like Good Wife and Madam Secretary, you can have serialized story elements woven into a case of the week,” Tassler said. “She’s a crime solver, so she’s going to have to solve a crime. She’s going to get a bad guy.”
  • Options
    WetRats said:

rebis said:

Only if she was raised in America.
  • Options

WetRats said:

rebis said:

An accent change would be a nice change from the silly deep voices all the other supers are using to "hide" their identity.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

WetRats said:

rebis said:

An accent change would be a nice change from the silly deep voices all the other supers are using to "hide" their identity.
    No debate
  • Options
    WetRats said:

At the TCA press tour earlier this month, CBS entertainment chairman Nina Tassler told critics the new Warner Bros.-produced series version of Supergirl will be a crime procedural (naturally). “The beauty of it is now with shows like Good Wife and Madam Secretary, you can have serialized story elements woven into a case of the week,” Tassler said. “She’s a crime solver, so she’s going to have to solve a crime. She’s going to get a bad guy.”
    Why is that bad? Flash is essentially a procedural with serialized elements.
  • Options

WetRats said:

@Matt has often shared his dislike of procedurals.

And Flash isn't so much a procedural as a "Boy meets villain. Boy gets ass kicked by villain. Boy mopes. Boy gets pep talk. Boy beats villain." show.

Not that there's anything wrong with that! :)
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Actually I'm good with that. I had no plans to watch the series since I initially heard they were working on a Supergirl series.

M
  • Options
    WetRats said:

WetRats said:

@Matt has often shared his dislike of procedurals.

And Flash isn't so much a procedural as a "Boy meets villain. Boy gets ass kicked by villain. Boy mopes. Boy gets pep talk. Boy beats villain." show.

Not that there's anything wrong with that! :)
    Actually, my dislike reflects the context. When it's something like creating stock characters & throwing them into a cliche show.

M
  • Options
    WetRats said:

rebis said:

Yes, because Kryptonians are real and therefore should be accurately portrayed. Otherwise Krypton would be offended and we just don't need an interplanetary incident.

Give her a Scottish accent that will require sub-titles.