Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Movie News: X-Men Apocalypse

12346»

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

No one saw this movie?

Possibly (not probably) this weekend.

M
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    Possibly (okay, probably) I'll never watch this movie.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    The only person less enthused about this movie than me was possibly Jennifer Lawrence.
  • Options
    I told myself I'll right them out until Jackman walks away. Once Wolverine is recast, I'll officially see this as a reboot. I'm interested in this one, but think DoFP was the peak for the franchise.

M
  • Options

The only person less enthused about this movie than me was possibly Jennifer Lawrence.

That seemed apparent just from the trailers!

M
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    This explains the box office. This is on its way to be one of the lower performing X-movies. Lots of stuff out there to see too.
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552
    Matt said:

I told myself I'll right them out until Jackman walks away. Once Wolverine is recast, I'll officially see this as a reboot. I'm interested in this one, but think DoFP was the peak for the franchise.

M

Forgive me if I'm opening a can of worms, but what about Jackman is keeping you from seeing the movie?
    I have my own issues with the X-Franchise and won't be seeing the movie either. However, Jackman isn't one of my issues.
  • Options
    playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    edited June 2016
    aquatroy said:

Matt said:

M

Forgive me if I'm opening a can of worms, but what about Jackman is keeping you from seeing the movie?
    I have my own issues with the X-Franchise and won't be seeing the movie either. However, Jackman isn't one of my issues.
    I think you are misinterpreting his statement.
  • Options
    aquatroyaquatroy Posts: 552

aquatroy said:

Matt said:

M

You could be right. After reading Matt's comment again it seems his problem is with Wolverine not being recast. Not with Jackman.
  • Options
    aquatroy said:

aquatroy said:

Matt said:

M

You could be right. After reading Matt's comment again it seems his problem is with Wolverine not being recast. Not with Jackman.
    Let me elaborate on my initial statement. The only thing bringing me back to the X-movies is knowing it's the same universe since the original. I know that because Jackman is still playing Wolverine.

After Weapon X (is that official or still rumor) is released, then Wolverine will be recast. I'll see the movies moving forward from that point to be a reboot. I'll be out of these movies at that specific point.

The Wolverine is one of my favorite comic book movie thus far. I have no problem with Jackman & I do not look forward to the day the character is recast.

M
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Last summer, Jackman pretty much confirmed that his next and final Wolverine film is 'Old Man Logan' based on the Millar and McNiven run. No known plans on a Weapon X movie.
    "I've got three words for you guys: Old Man Logan. As I promised, this next time is my last time putting on the claws, it's one last time." - Hugh Jackman, Comic-Con July 2015

These set photos
    also seem to confirm.
  • Options

Last summer, Jackman pretty much confirmed that his next and final Wolverine film is 'Old Man Logan' based on the Millar and McNiven run. No known plans on a Weapon X movie.

"I've got three words for you guys: Old Man Logan. As I promised, this next time is my last time putting on the claws, it's one last time." - Hugh Jackman, Comic-Con July 2015

These set photos
    also seem to confirm.

I was referencing this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/hypebeast.com/2016/6/wolverine-3-title-weapon-x?amp=1

I know the story is based on OML, but that doesn't mean the title has to be.

M
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    OML has the Hulk, Hawkeye, Venom, Red Skull, etc...the movie will probably be nothing like the book..which is a shame.
  • Options
    Could Fox and Sony team up and get Spidey in all three movie universes???? Not that it would help THIS movie, but what @Mr_Cosmic just posted sent me down a rabbit hole of possibilities...
  • Options
    Matt said:

I was referencing this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/hypebeast.com/2016/6/wolverine-3-title-weapon-x?amp=1

I know the story is based on OML, but that doesn't mean the title has to be.

M

I had not seen that. It could work.